A1 Key English Test practice material

Are there any practice tests for the A1 KET exam online? Or any videos giving a brief of what to expect?

I cannot find any useful material anywhere to help prepare for this exam or to find out the type and level of questions to expect.

My wife took this test last year and as you can say from your link it is heavily weighted towards reading and writing neither of which are required for visa purposes but have a huge effect on the ability of applicants to attain A1 standard (45 out of 100). The test is difficult for Thai people or indeed anyone whose alphabet is not the Roman alphabet. My wife said they were required to write an e mail of at least 20 words using the correct tense and properly headed and finished. They had to listen to pieces of conversation and then answer multi choice questions. So there was a partial memory test and even to do the listening part they had to be able to read the multi choice questions. The whole thing is a nonsense but in Thailand there is no way to avoid the reading and writing parts which really stressed out all the ladies who took part on the day my wife took the test. She did the 3 day prep course and I am sure she would have failed without it despite living with me for 3 years and speaking English with me every day. I think the Vantage Siam website still has quite a lot of information on the format of the tests but it is not easy that's for sure.

• Like 2