Goldman Sachs on the Baht

Anything that is released to public by one of the biggest criminal organisations in the world (and Goldman Sachs is perhaps the biggest one) isn't worth more than the fart of a pig. All you can be sure of is that they will find a way to fill their own pockets while the common man suffers for their crime.

So many self-proclaimed spokesmen for the common man (read self-interested hot air) totalling very little more than empty baubles. Mostly uneducated in any aspect of economics, so let's see what we have here: a financial institution making a forward projection re dollar/baht. Now like it or not, some of us do consider forward projections of particular currency pairs as it impacts on our expenses and affordability in Thailand. Now it matters not a whit whether activity taken ahead of actual needs (forwards, futures etc) is labelled 'hedging', 'speculation' or any other word with pejorative connotations, the plain truth is that outside of a particular spread at one end I will add to my collection of baht and at the other end I will only exchange what I have to. The impact of projections by GS is for me to assess whether to hold or change the spread I currently work on. The wise guys (see above) one can only assume that they function hand-to-mouth so spinning on their tops is about all that's left to them. So on with the show.....

thumbsup.gif

That's what I figured. You'll read it the way you like. "ECU was a currency" (Yes, it wasn't), but Euro wasn't a currency until paper money was introduced (??!). I won $100 on a personal bet back then against a banker on the Euro when it was introduced as an accounting/banking currency, and I won another 100 Euro bet against the dollar from the same guy when cash Euro notes were introduced. I can remember the numbers and the timeline quite well as I lived through that era in a European country. I know when my salary statements appeared in Euro, and I know when I got my hands on the first Euro notes. The Brits sat on the fence for a long time and never followed through, so the sequence of events may not be clear in your mind. I really wish you would have read that wiki. But even if you didn't your bullheaded ignorance gave me a laugh or two. Thread closed on my behalf. clap2.gif

Cheers.

As Rick Mayall in The New Statesman used to say: OH DEAR.

Anything that is released to public by one of the biggest criminal organisations in the world (and Goldman Sachs is perhaps the biggest one) isn't worth more than the fart of a pig. All you can be sure of is that they will find a way to fill their own pockets while the common man suffers for their crime.

This seems a little harsh. I know GS doesn't always get things right, but surely their research is worth more than the fart of a pig? I mean, maybe they get the facts right but form the wrong conclusions? So read their research for the factual content, not the conclusions. Id say that looking at it that way it must be worth more than the fart of a pig. Maybe you could at least accept that what they have to say is worth, as much, say, as the excrement of a pig? Or lets say, as much as the droppings of a mouse? Maybe worth more than the excrement of a pig but less than horse manure? But to say its worth less than the fart of a pig just seems unreasonable. Edited by paddyjenkins

This seems a little harsh. I know GS doesn't always get things right, but surely their research is worth more than the fart of a pig? I mean, maybe they get the facts right but form the wrong conclusions? So read their research for the factual content, not the conclusions. Id say that looking at it that way it must be worth more than the fart of a pig. Maybe you could at least accept that what they have to say is worth, as much, say, as the excrement of a pig? Or lets say, as much as the droppings of a mouse? Maybe worth more than the excrement of a pig but less than horse manure? But to say its worth less than the fart of a pig just seems unreasonable.

Your expertise on excrements is astonishing.

However, catweazle never insinuated that GS are stupid, or that their research isn't worth more than the fart of a pig or that GS is not able to shuffle excrements from one heap to another.

Catweazle suggested that what GS releases to the public is not trustworthy, and that they have an hidden agenda.

The European taxpayer is now paying the bill for cleaning up the excrements that resulted from GS conspiring with the Greek government to scam Greece into the Euro zone. Perhaps google "Goldman Sachs - Draghi - Samaras" - but beware, you might excrementalise your pants.

This seems a little harsh. I know GS doesn't always get things right, but surely their research is worth more than the fart of a pig? I mean, maybe they get the facts right but form the wrong conclusions? So read their research for the factual content, not the conclusions. Id say that looking at it that way it must be worth more than the fart of a pig. Maybe you could at least accept that what they have to say is worth, as much, say, as the excrement of a pig? Or lets say, as much as the droppings of a mouse? Maybe worth more than the excrement of a pig but less than horse manure? But to say its worth less than the fart of a pig just seems unreasonable.

However, catweazle never insinuated that GS are stupid, or that their research isn't worth more than the fart of a pig or that GS is not able to shuffle excrements from one heap to another.

Catweazle suggested that what GS releases to the public is not trustworthy, and that they have an hidden agenda.

The European taxpayer is now paying the bill for cleaning up the excrements that resulted from GS conspiring with the Greek government to scam Greece into the Euro zone. Perhaps google "Goldman Sachs - Draghi - Samaras" - but beware, you might excrementalise your pants.

What GS did was to facilitate a currency swaps facility What the Maastricht rules did was permit the non-reporting of transactions involving financial derivatives to Eurostat. The system was gamed but within the rules. The real problem was the systematic looting of the Greek state by its political governments not only taking it in turns, but providing fraudulent stats where they were required to provide that data. That they were doing prior to entering the EU and continuing right to this day until the Troika sent in their own people and emptied the Greek National statistical office of its fraudulent practices against the rearguard actions of 'er, the unions defending or rather trying to defend what was going on. To suggest that the original sin was that of GS is a nonsense and though it may satisfy the conspiracy nuts narrative, don't for one moment fall for the ploy.

• Like 1

What GS did was to facilitate a currency swaps facility What the Maastricht rules did was permit the non-reporting of transactions involving financial derivatives to Eurostat. The system was gamed but within the rules. The real problem was the systematic looting of the Greek state by its political governments not only taking it in turns, but providing fraudulent stats where they were required to provide that data. That they were doing prior to entering the EU and continuing right to this day until the Troika sent in their own people and emptied the Greek National statistical office of its fraudulent practices against the rearguard actions of 'er, the unions defending or rather trying to defend what was going on. To suggest that the original sin was that of GS is a nonsense and though it may satisfy the conspiracy nuts narrative, don't for one moment fall for the ploy.

So rare on these boards to read something that makes sense and i totally agree, Greece massively over borrowed, probably knowing but not caring that they would never pay the money back. And when they got to the limits they found a way to carry on by hiding behind swaps using GS. The responsibility lies entirely at their feet. And now their dirty little game is trying to blackmail the EU with the prospect of jumping into bed with Russia or/and China and splitting Europe down the middle. If this rogue nation doesn't want to pay tax, doesn't seem to get the concept of paying their debts, wants to raise the minimum wage, retire at 55 etc, then let them go their own way outside the EU but let Russia and China know that they aren't welcome in any case. Russia has already done a deal with Cyprus to allow their navy to use its ports. A line needs to be drawn on this kind of stuff, the EU needs to grow some balls, stand up to Russia and not allow itself to be blackmailed.

So rare on these boards to read something that makes sense and i totally agree, Greece massively over borrowed, probably knowing but not caring that they would never pay the money back. And when they got to the limits they found a way to carry on by hiding behind swaps using GS. The responsibility lies entirely at their feet. And now their dirty little game is trying to blackmail the EU with the prospect of jumping into bed with Russia or/and China and splitting Europe down the middle. If this rogue nation doesn't want to pay tax, doesn't seem to get the concept of paying their debts, wants to raise the minimum wage, retire at 55 etc, then let them go their own way outside the EU but let Russia and China know that they aren't welcome in any case. Russia has already done a deal with Cyprus to allow their navy to use its ports. A line needs to be drawn on this kind of stuff, the EU needs to grow some balls, stand up to Russia and not allow itself to be blackmailed.

But you seriously can't be suggesting that the trustworthiness is based purely on this one example when there is a laundry list of other scandals in which they've been involved?

But you seriously can't be suggesting that the trustworthiness is based purely on this one example when there is a laundry list of other scandals in which they've been involved?

He isn't suggesting that (and neither am I) but when someone makes bogus comments on GS they deserve challenging.

He isn't suggesting that (and neither am I) but when someone makes bogus comments on GS they deserve challenging.

What BOGUS comment?

Goldman Sachs assisted the Greek government in cheating. You cannot deny that, can you?

And yes of course, the Euro leaders were aware of the cheating - that includes Draghi who WAS on the payroll of GS and IS head of the European central bank.

• Like 1

What BOGUS comment?

Goldman Sachs assisted the Greek government in cheating. You cannot deny that, can you?

And yes of course, the Euro leaders were aware of the cheating - that includes Draghi who WAS on the payroll of GS and IS head of the European central bank.

I would love to hear what this guy thinks about Goldman Sachs now that he has freedom of expressiongiggle.gif

Former SEC Director Rips the Red Tape Off His Mouth

For more than a decade, John Ramsay had red tape over his mouth. Now that he’s left government bureaucracy, he says he’s been “uncorked.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-09/he-went-from-speak-no-evil-on-markets-to-harsh-criticism

Goldman Sachs are not really trustworthy, many times they advise one thing and trade the other way.

This time they may be right.

This maybe hard to believe but look up the biggest stock holder and bond holder is Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway

He controls the Company

Goldman and Sachs are long gone the name is to fool you

Edited by harryfrompattaya

I rather go with history the recent scandals billions of baht stole from who the people who lest can afford the loss, Oh The rice scam, how much loss there who knows not me any way and now building a new rail system how much is the costs and at what price? We all know how much a profit maker BTS , MRT, ARL are, wait have they ever been in the BLACK? got me. Maybe one of the brain trust here has that answer But speaking from a know nothing the writing seems to be on the wall. No matter how many times you tell people all is OK are they trying to convince you or con you? beats me. But not in the market yet to make any major purchases as of yet. All I know is this when the bubble burst in the US I was ahead of most and save my cash and helped a few close friend get most of there losses back. But the thing that real is throwing up a red flag is this deal with China, well in the end you judge and either way good luck.

Goldman Sachs are not really trustworthy, many times they advise one thing and trade the other way.

This time they may be right.

This maybe hard to believe but look up the biggest stock holder and bond holder is Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway

He controls the Company

Goldman and Sachs are long gone the name is to fool you

no fairy tales or horror stories please! tongue.png

State Street Corporation 24,198,695 5.55%

Vanguard Group, Inc. 21,197,761 4.87%

Citigroup Inc. 14,164,108 3.25%

Berkshire Hathaway, Inc 12,631,531 2.90%

Massachusetts Financial Services Co. 12,275,714 2.82%

Dodge & Cox Inc 11,728,734 2.69%

BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. 11,208,242 2.57%

Capital World Investors 10,798,796 2.48%

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=GS