What's the best place you've taken your child to in Thailand?

Deserted

Hi all, I was thinking of taking our child to dreamworld but wondered if it has changed much since I last went there in 2000. We went to the Teddy Bear Museum in Pattaya last year and Ocean World more recently which the little one loved, are there any other attractions that anyone could recommend personally. I've heard there is a water park near Hua Hin, has anyone been there?

OP it depends how old your children are and what interest them. If they are younger you can look at Chang Mai zoo with the pandas. If they are older you can go to Koh Chang and take them a day snorkeling (by boat). The new water park in HH is very expensive and some of the rides are not suitable for younger children, I would rather go to Black mountain water park. If you have a boy, take him fishing at a fishing lodge. Safari world in BKK if you want more touristy type entertainment. Good luck but remember sometimes the most simple and inexpensive activities creates the best memories.

The best place I have taken my children is the BKK airport to get on a flight leaving for Canada. If confined to Thailand (a pity for the kids) then their favorite spot is the Cartoon Network water park in Pattaya. When they were toddlers, filling the back yard pool it's inflatable pool toys and inviting a few other toddlers over was far and away the top fun choice.

• Like 1

Moderator, Thank you for removing that totally tasteless comment. What was that man thinking? Here is a OP asking someone for advise on where to take his, obviously loved children, and then some f%@#^ idiot starts to talk about "sexually active". This member should be booted out for these disgusting comments. There needs to be some limit to what sort of people come on here or it will just turn this site into complete chaos. I wonder about these people sitting behind keyboards as to whether they would be prepared to say that to the father of these innocent kids. I am sure not as they like the anonimity of the internet. My thoughts of this member are as low as one could possibly think of some one. Once again many thanks moderator.

• Like 2

Siam City is fun. We also love the waterpark on top of the Mall Bang Kapi.

The dinosaur museum is also fun.

Was the waterpark in BangKapi suitable for toddlers?

Also, I can't find the map on the siam city site, where is it exactly.

Edited by Deserted

Moderator, Thank you for removing that totally tasteless comment. What was that man thinking? Here is a OP asking someone for advise on where to take his, obviously loved children, and then some f%@#^ idiot starts to talk about "sexually active". This member should be booted out for these disgusting comments. There needs to be some limit to what sort of people come on here or it will just turn this site into complete chaos. I wonder about these people sitting behind keyboards as to whether they would be prepared to say that to the father of these innocent kids. I am sure not as they like the anonimity of the internet. My thoughts of this member are as low as one could possibly think of some one. Once again many thanks moderator.

Yes, that was just about the most tastless remark I think I\ve ever come accross on this site.

Absolutely Deserted. Do they really need people like that on this site? Maybe with thoughts like that when the topic is about loved kids he needs to be"Banged up abroad". Absolutely disgusting character. Suitable for Bangkok Hilton.

Just wanted to say thanks ever so much for the comments so far (except for the life stories and that very dubious -now deleted- one), its very much appreciated. We will be in the Bangkok area mostly but are willing to travel. I like to take my child into nature because it is important for them to understand it, and as mentioned in a few posts, often the simple things give more pleasure but all suggestions are most welcome.

Had some nieces and nephews (age 2 thru 14) visit recently and Pattaya Park was a definite winner. The 2yo entered free and the rest paid 100 each. We took own drink and snacks. Best value day out ever. Next time they come we'll try the sheep farm as well. 50 baht each they tell me.

Edited by Keesters

For toddlers can be tough , as they are too small for a lot of the rides at parks ...

Also even zoo can be tough, as is a lot of walking, which can be tough for toddlers

Some of the best that my kids loved are

1: Funarium - indoor playground

2: Ocean world

3: safari world (the drive through park, not the walk around part)

Although they had fun at all 3 places... Winner hands down is the Funarium... Kids have been a dozen times and is always where they ask to go again if we have some free time

http://www.funarium.co.th/

Edited by CWMcMurray
  • Like 1

For toddlers can be tough , as they are too small for a lot of the rides at parks ...

Also even zoo can be tough, as is a lot of walking, which can be tough for toddlers

Some of the best that my kids loved are

1: Funarium - indoor playground

2: Ocean world

3: safari world (the drive through park, not the walk around part)

Although they had fun at all 3 places... Winner hands down is the Funarium... Kids have been a dozen times and is always where they ask to go again if we have some free time

http://www.funarium.co.th/

Thanks, I used to go to K Village all the time, so can find that one easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I was thinking of taking our child to dreamworld but wondered if it has changed much since I last went there in 2000. We went to the Teddy Bear Museum in Pattaya last year and Ocean World more recently which the little one loved, are there any other attractions that anyone could recommend personally. I've heard there is a water park near Hua Hin, has anyone been there?

The Santorini Water Fantasy park is awesome! They have the biggest childrens pool i have ever seen with many little slides, water jets etc. our 2 year old loves it! We have been twice now, 3rd time we get in free. Our son is free (under 90cm I think).

Its in Cha-am just north of Hua hin.

In Hua hin, Market Village shopping center on the top floor they also have a big play area for little ones.

Edited by Dieter78