Malaysians in IS beheading video identified

webfact

Malaysians in IS beheading video identified

5-3-2558-9-55-50-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police have identified two Malaysians seen in an Islamic State beheading video as Mohd Faris Anuar, 20, from Gurun in Kedah and Muhamad Wanndy Muhamad Jedi, 25, from Durian Tunggal Malacca, The Star Online reported.

Bukit Aman Special Branch Counter Terrorism Division principal assistant director Datuk Ayub Khan released their photographs and that of Muhamad Wanndy’s 26-year-old wife, Nor Mahmudah Ahmad from Baling, Kedah.

In the 30-second video footage believed to be taken in Syria, Faris was seen signalling his index finger to the camera while Muhamad Wanndy was believed to be the person recording the video.

The video, which was uploaded to a Facebook account of Abu Hamzah Al Fateh on Feb 22, showed the beheading of a Syrian man who the IS claimed was a spy.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/malaysians-in-is-beheading-video-identified

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-05

ISIS now identifying Malaysians in video. The Thai press says "police" have identified, but it doesn't say Thai police. How in the world would Thai police ever identify these two Malaysians in a scratchy video? Why would the Thai press write this story to imply that it was Thai police without clarifying which police Malaysian or Thai? Or another country like the Netherlands?

Looks like Thai Muslims doing a bit of training in Syria before they return home with their mates to extend the Caliphate to South East Asia

I worked in Algeria in the mid to late 90's. Beheadings with chainsaws & rusty knives, as well as immolating people was a fairly common occurence there. Wicked in the truest sense of the word!

Much of what went on was either unreported, or under-reported in the Western media.

The trouble started when it looked certain that an Islamist party would win the election.

(The Saudi government could probably be accurately described as Islamist, and they are ostensibly our friends & allies).

I was absolutely convinced then that the Western powers had a hidden-hand in this, another case of our countries interfering in other countries affairs, with very similar & horrific results!!bah.gif

• Like 2

Looks like Thai Muslims doing a bit of training in Syria before they return home with their mates to extend the Caliphate to South East Asia

I worked in Algeria in the mid to late 90's. Beheadings with chainsaws & rusty knives, as well as immolating people was a fairly common occurence there. Wicked in the truest sense of the word!

Much of what went on was either unreported, or under-reported in the Western media.

The trouble started when it looked certain that an Islamist party would win the election.

(The Saudi government could probably be accurately described as Islamist, and they are ostensibly our friends & allies).

I was absolutely convinced then that the Western powers had a hidden-hand in this, another case of our countries interfering in other countries affairs, with very similar & horrific results!!bah.gif

Muslims are responsible for their own actions. Bush, for example, stirred up a hornet's nest, but nobody tells the the Shias and the Sunnis and the tribes and the ISIS fartbrains to kill each other and everybody else.

The 2 Malaysians in the OP went to fight for an Indonesian/Malay wing of ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

Perhaps they have been killed by their own wing or another entity of ISIS.

Perhaps off topic but the trouble in Algeria started in 1988, if I rember good. The army killed people during a demonstration in Algiers. That's why a lot of people voted for the radical Islamists (FIS) and the regime of FLN was moreover ruled by the corrupt military junta. The FIS won the elections and started a salafist regime. Many hardcore mudjahidin trained in Afghanistan came over to start beheadings.

Edited by Thorgal

I worked in Algeria in the mid to late 90's. Beheadings with chainsaws & rusty knives, as well as immolating people was a fairly common occurence there.

Years ago I remember reading about similar things back in the days of French Algeria. One famous image that was in books, captures one of the acts that was carried out against not only Europeans there during riots, but also against local sympathisers. Beheading, followed by stuffing the victim's severed genitals in their mouth to rub in the humiliation even more. Below is a webpage showing that image. I hear that similar things used to go on back in the day, in Yemen. To be captured by one of the local gunmen was to be avoided at all costs, for such reasons.

Warning (stong image): http://drake.blog.cz/0803/french-algeria

Yes, Daesh wants the world to know these guys are Malaysian to prove they are global and not just in Middle East and North Africa. Plenty of Malaysians eager to leave their country. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in Malaysia -- LE will take a a tough stand (as usual), but I could see PAS (the fundamentalist political party) framing this as victimizing Muslims.

A few years ago it was revealed that a private army was headquartered in Kelantan state (that's the part of Malaysia that borders SE Thailand), it's soldiers being paid around US$700 per month, all of them Malay Muslims. It was one of those stories that evaporated within a week.

A Muslim friend of mine said they have been doing this for 1500 years, it's Social Media that has brought all the Publicity and of course ISIS...