Phuket's Bang Wad Dam to be made into tourist attraction

webfact

Phuket's Bang Wad Dam to be made into tourist attraction
Nattapat Tuarob

1425542151_1-org.jpg
The plan for the Bang Niew Dum Dam Development Project.

Phuket: -- The area adjoining Phuket's Bang Wad Dam is to be developed into a tourist attraction which will feature view point areas, plant exhibition area, adventure activity area and health activity area as well as a building which will host seminars and conventions.

Details of the development were announced at a meeting chaired by Vice Governor Suthee Thongyam last week at the Phuket Irrigation Project Office at Bang Wad Dam.

At the meeting, Paiboon Upatising, Chief of Phuket Provincial Administrative Oganisation (PPAO – OrBorJor) presented the Bang Wad and Bang Niew Dum Dam Development Master Plan Project which stated that Bang Wad Dam would be tiurned into another tourist attraction in order to build a tourism network from the east to west of Phuket.

From studies carried out, the future Bang Wad Dam development will be divided into seven phases; Community services, view point area, basic infrastruture, community sport area, local plant exhibition area, adventure activity area and health activity area , as well as seminar and convention centre. The budget to be set aside will be B183 million.

Meanwhile, Bang Niew Dum Dam will also be developed to be a sports and activities centre. There will be four phases for this development; sports and activities centre, basic infrastructure, view point area, and community and camping areas. The budget to be set aside to develop Bang Niew Dum Danm will be B162.7 million.

Development of both projects will be carried out phase by phase but no date has yet been given as to when the projects will start.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket%CC%95s-bang-wad-dam-to-be-made-into-tourist-attraction-51261.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-05

Will they never get their priorities straight?

Phuket needs a cheap and efficient public transport network before anything else is considered. No point in developing a project like this one if there's no means of getting there.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

It's a beautiful and peaceful get-away place already.

To add more "park-like" attractions can only make it better.

They sure have been doing a lot of work over there.

Its a terrible idea for me and hundreds of Thais who have used it for running / biking since it was only a trail. Btw, forget beautiful and peaceful hereafter.bah.gif

• Like 1

Its a terrible idea for me and hundreds of Thais who have used it for running / biking since it was only a trail. Btw, forget beautiful and peaceful hereafter.bah.gif

Couldn't agree more. Why must everything be a tourist attraction and have a "view point" .It's always been a place to get away from tourists and just enjoy nature. Bus loads of people and all that goes with it facepalm.gif .Another place ruined.bah.gif

Couldn't agree more. Why must everything be a tourist attraction and have a "view point" .It's always been a place to get away from tourists and just enjoy nature. Bus loads of people and all that goes with it facepalm.gif .Another place ruined.bah.gif

I completely agree, terrible idea. This is probably the last decent place to go running on the island and the last thing it needs is to be developed into another "tourist attraction". Really makes me sad to think about it. The people in charge of Phuket are greedy beyond belief and seem to really hate nature. sad.png