single entry visa, 90 days stay, bording, entering and visa extension

Hello

I'm planing my next trip to Thailand and I want to stay 90 days on a tourist single entry visa + 30 days extension.

Does someone have any experience with that?

I see here 4 main obstacles ...

1: get a visa from embassy/consulate. 90 days "vacation" vs. 60 days visa

2: boarding a plane

On my last trip to Thailand with Emirates[fall 2014], lasting 60 days on a single entry visa.

I was told that if I had had not a visa I would not been allowed to board the plane.

I found this on the Internet:

I have ticket to Thailand over 30 days and I don’t have visa to Thailand will I have problem to check in at the airport.
>> EU citizen may travel to Thailand and will receive a visa exception when you arrival for purpose of tourism and not
exceeding 30 days and in some case the authority to check in and flight to Thailand for some airline they might have restrict rule and regulation
that if you have ticket over 30 days you should have apply visa as well otherwise they will not let you on board so please check with airline carefully

I've seen here many guys asking question about 1 or 2 days overstay.

So how it is, no one asked you anything during check in at the airport in your home country? What about entering to Thailand?

Warning or nothing at all ...

3: entering to Thailand. again 90 vs 60 days ...

4: get visa extension ... travel itinerary or something. I'm a formal tourist only and since we've got junta ... many things has changed.

Thanks. I would appreciate any advice you may have.

I'm a formal tourist only and since we've got junta ... many things has changed.

No changes regarding tourist visas and extensions.There are a lot of people posting nonsense about new rules or some crackdown. Since they don't understand what they are doing, they assume the rules have changed. The only crackdowns have been with serial visa exempt entries and the abuse of ED visas.

Some airlines will not allow you to board without a visa NS with only a one way ticket. That is because if you were to be refused entry, the airline would have to fly you out possibly at their expense. That issue would be with the airline, not with Immigrations.

Edited by Suradit69

I'm a formal tourist only and since we've got junta ... many things has changed.

Some airlines will not allow you to board without a visa NS with only a one way ticket. That is because if you were to be refused entry, the airline would have to fly you out possibly at their expense. That issue would be with the airline, not with Immigrations.

I will have return ticket, not one way ...

What does it mean some airlines, can I somewhere find this information.

That's what I'm the most afraid of ... I'd like to be 100% sure there will be no problem at all.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

I will have return ticket, not one way ...

What does it mean some airlines, can I somewhere find this information.

That's what I'm the most afraid of ... I'd like to be 100% sure there will be no problem at all.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

You do not need to worry, because you will have a visa. With a visa, no outgoing ticket is needed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=280649

• Like 1

...What does it mean some airlines, can I somewhere find this information.

That's what I'm the most afraid of ... I'd like to be 100% sure there will be no problem at all...

IATA has collected and arrayed the visa requirements of all countries in a database for the benefit of its members and now allows searches also by everybody else without a fee on the Internet here: http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/

Staralliance, a group of airlines, enables an easier search of the same database here: http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health/ This is where Paz got the search results he gave you for your situation.

It is up to each individual airline to chose how they make use of this database. Many countries, including Thailand, are known to fine an airline and make the airline responsible for flying the passenger out of the country, at the airline's expense, if a passenger who is refused entry does not meet the visa requirements. From experiences reported by members on this forum it is quite clear that some or most or all check-in staff of some airlines at some airports sometimes or often or most of the time do not enforce the guideline regarding visa-exempt travel to Thailand. This could well be the policy of the airlines, taking a calculated risk, and doing only some spot checks.

• Like 2