why oh why do we do it?!

Why do old ugly guys believe < Me luv you so mush > Well I am more street wise,so when gf becomes too expensive I say goodby and get another good looking actress

Dont think to many old guys would actually believe the "i luv yoo to mutt" thing..cannot be that silly surely?

What i am talking about is a situation maybe guy is 40-50 who would consider settling here with normal thai girl around same age or younger and be able to have a good life

but unfortunately greed gets the better of them.

The situation you talk about i seen many times to,only when they find you havent got money, or at least are not prepared to spend at will..they will run and then you try your game on another

Ive heard this term เพื่ออะไร (pua arai?) When thais talk about a thai girls who stay with farangs that have little money or dont pay them every month..why you stay with him? They ask

Well its easy to come back for me.. pua arai ..why would i stay with thai lady that dont want to be married, probably cos already married and lie about it..so cannot help me with visa situation..does not offer anything to the relationship at all rather than the 1 thing.

meanwhile i have to go without the things i like because financing her lifestyle and still not happy as she still always has her hand out.

pua arai indeed!

Ive heard this term เพื่ออะไร (pua arai?) When thais talk about a thai girls who stay with farangs that have little money or dont pay them every month..why you stay with him? They ask

Well its easy to come back for me.. pua arai ..why would i stay with thai lady that dont want to be married, probably cos already married and lie about it..so cannot help me with visa situation..does not offer anything to the relationship at all rather than the 1 thing.

meanwhile i have to go without the things i like because financing her lifestyle and still not happy as she still always has her hand out.

pua arai indeed!

First I just thought that you are probably not too clever since you seem to always meet the "wrong" ladies....

but now... you write "so cannot help me with visa situation"... so YOU obviously want something from the lady... so why should SHE not be rewarded for helping you?

quid pro quo... ting for tong...

• Like 1

I don´t like to buy and i don´t like to rent as well. Maybe I am a completely kineau. I think I would like to stay here with a nice western woman. Sounds strange?

not at all. After knowing both i am starting to gravitate towards western myself if not just for the want of having an adult/adult relationship.

Same ole crew with the same old MO..slurs and saying im not that bright ect

im happy for the poster who has a great wife. Nice to see your positive story instead of the others that are probably in crappy situations but are in denial so they gotta run others down

pua arai indeed!

First I just thought that you are probably not too clever since you seem to always meet the "wrong" ladies....

but now... you write "so cannot help me with visa situation"... so YOU obviously want something from the lady... so why should SHE not be rewarded for helping you?

quid pro quo... ting for tong...

i been with the same girl nearly 5 years but not married, so not always meeting the wrong ones as you say.

my argument of what she has given to relationship comes after years of me giving without thought of how it was all one way.

I provide as a husband would yet have no security and also have to pay 30k a time for school fees + visa runs extensions and fees to stay here..again what for? Only to be pestered for money.

After 4+ years of providing and many donations i do not feel unreasonable in wanting marriage and visa in exchange for all ive given

sure i support her,but is that not what a husband is meant to do for his wife

Yeah sure. . . if he lives in a time warp

yes and well we should be reminded that in normal marriages and typical thai/thai marriages both partners work..yet if its a fatang/thai its a ticket to riches and a life of privellege.

The eastern cultures will get a shock as economies weaken and currencies shrink..the free money will also shrink.

what long term foriegners Prayuth doesnt drive out with his old school policies the chrashing of certain currencies certainly will

I see you have crawled out again,with your warped views,surely one should support one's wife,in every facet possible,possibly i would suggest you are not married,but if you are i feel sorry for your wife.

• Like 2

Again....

In any place in the world there are good women and bad women. No exceptions!

If you do look in the right places, you do know what you do wants and stick with that without compromising, you do have enough experience in know very fast what kind of woman you got, you are direct and sincere and you do not waste time with the wrong ones, you are confident enough to approach EVERY woman you think it is what you wants, you may be a smart guy, and..yes...some will reject you because you do not have enough money..and some ...because they...have a lot more money or brain than you! Believe it!

Thailand is full of gold diggers women, and full of wonderful women. Full of farangs too, losers and winners.

Something good about your posting?...Yes......At least you do know what kind of farang are you.

Edited by BKResort
  • Like 1

yes and well we should be reminded that in normal marriages

dear oh dear, my parents have been married for 50 odd years and my mother hasn't worked for 45 of those years, my first marriage to a western lady lasted 15 years and she never worked for 14 of those

and why ? in both cases they didn't need to, so yes lets discuss normal marriages shall we..thumbsup.gif

in both cases they always received house keeping money, so one sincerely hope that your not suggesting either my mother or my ex-wife were somehow involved in activities if ill repute somehow or were gold diggers ?

suggest you grow up little boy and stop trying to lecture people on what is "normal"

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I see you have crawled out again,with your warped views,surely one should support one's wife,in every facet possible,possibly i would suggest you are not married,but if you are i feel sorry for your wife.

What's warped about pointing out that your comment is seriously old-fashioned? It is and, as the OP rightly pointed out, in most Thai marriages, both men and women work.

Seems like it's more often the mixed marriages where the women become serial layabouts on an "allowance"

in most Thai marriages, both men and women work.

Seems like it's more often the mixed marriages where the women become serial layabouts on an "allowance"

Funny that statistic, at personal level I must know at least 50 odd married Thai couples and at a guess I would say at least 50% of the women don't work, so lets discuss most Thai marriages shall we, and you can impart us with your knowledge of all things Thai

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

yes and well we should be reminded that in normal marriages

dear oh dear, my parents have been married for 50 odd years and my mother hasn't worked for 45 of those years, my first marriage to a western lady lasted 15 years and she never worked for 14 of those

and why ? in both cases they didn't need to, so yes lets discuss normal marriages shall we..thumbsup.gif

in both cases they always received house keeping money, so one sincerely hope that your not suggesting either my mother or my ex-wife were somehow involved in activities if ill repute somehow or were gold diggers ?

suggest you grow up little boy and stop trying to lecture people on what is "normal"

I can get your point. My grandparents were married 60 years and grandmother never worked but had a fulltime job rareing 8 kids. But those were the good old days. Now you read household debt in nearly every country is going through the roof, so maybe best to describe the typical marriage of a median working age.

Still my point was lost on you..that a lot of thai woman expect not to work just because they are married to a farang.

I suspect many guys on here are well off enough to live a good life without the wife working..good for them.

but if the tables turned and the retirement/share fund took a bit hit, how many thai wives would hang around and actually help support? and how many would be off to find a new farang i wonder?

• Like 1

in most Thai marriages, both men and women work.

Funny that statistic, at personal level I must know at least 50 odd married Thai couples and at a guess I would say at least 50% of the women don't work, so lets discuss most Thai marriages shall we, and you can impart us with your knowledge of all things Thai

Knows "50 odd" Thai couples; presents himself as a credible source of statistical data

Only on Thaivisa

My "most" statement is based on nothing more than the fact that most households live on little money.

This requires that both partners work to bring in as much money as possible. Full employment across the kingdom makes that possible.

I'm certainly not daft enough to nail my colours to an argument that has "50-odd" couples as its foundation

Edited by Cypress Hill
  • Like 1