Crackdown On Anti-Thaksin Movement

george

Crack down on anti-Thaksin movement

Police 'instructed to get tougher'

BANGKOK: -- The authorities plan to get tougher with the anti-Thaksin movement after instructions were given to police to strictly enforce the law when dealing with demonstrations, a security source said yesterday.

The source said the advice came during a meeting of top police officers and security officers at the Metropolitan Police Bureau chaired by caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Chidchai Wannasathit, in the wake of the ''foiled bomb plot'' on Thursday against caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Chamlong Iamchaengphan, an adviser to Pol Gen Chidchai on security matters, proposed that police strictly enforce the law during anti-Thaksin protests and ask the city to dismantle makeshift structures used in protests. Read more...

Source: Bangkok Post 2006-08-27

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here we Go! ...

a faked bomb plot ... to prevent public demonstrations during the lead up to the next elections!

Sadly this is going to result in blood shed, before this virulent cancerous pest it removed from office. I hope that he is eventually jailed for his crimes against the Thai people!

Here we Go! ...

a faked bomb plot ... to prevent public demonstrations during the lead up to the next elections!

Sadly this is going to result in blood shed, before this virulent cancerous pest it removed from office. I hope that he is eventually jailed for his crimes against the Thai people!

Sadly I agree. The PAD and the main opposition parties will NOT stand for the rights of free assembly or Free Speech or a free Press to be abridged!

It is gonna get UGLY and very fast!

Edited by jdinasia

....strictly enforce the law when dealing with demonstrations...

Any form of demonstration within the law should not be a problem. And as long as they do that, as they did sofar they will gain the respect of people. The ones that ignore the law and start hitting people and arresting will loose more and more respect.

My May predictions from the Thaksin Returns as Pm thread

Future headlines:

“Anti government rallies start again”

“PM moving his fortune out of reach of asset freezing”

“Government sanctioned police action escalates”

“Court rules against TRT”

“PM Thaksin indited”

“Democratic party HQ bombed again”

“Military intervenes”

“Political chaos hurts Thailand’s tourism”

“New EC seated”

“Election date set for late July”

As I said the new EC may have a say about this.

Seems like BIG trouble brewing here with the police force clearly on Thaksin's side and not upholding their real duties. Sadly, it has not been the anti-Thaksin protesters who have caused the problems and who are blamed for everything, and more importantly, violence. It has been without a shadow of doubt the pro-Thaksin forces who have created the violence, yet nary a word about pro-Thaksin forces out in force. :o

Crack down on anti-Thaksin movement

BANGKOK: -- The authorities plan to get tougher with the anti-Thaksin movement after instructions were given to police to strictly enforce the law when dealing with demonstrations, a security source said yesterday.

Unless the people causing the problem are police-informers & former drug-dealing thugs or, presumably, the brown-shirted Forestry Department thugs, in which case - bring on the women & children !

The source said the advice came during a meeting of top police officers and security officers at the Metropolitan Police Bureau chaired by caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Chidchai Wannasathit, in the wake of the ''foiled bomb plot'' on Thursday against caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Although absolutely NO connection has even been alleged, let alone proven, between the semi-operatic bomb 'plot', and the opposition parties, who have a constitutional right to carry out pre-election rallies and other protests against the acting caretaker government, giving this order.

Chamlong Iamchaengphan, an adviser to Pol Gen Chidchai on security matters, proposed that police strictly enforce the law during anti-Thaksin protests and ask the city to dismantle makeshift structures used in protests. Read more...

Source: Bangkok Post 2006-08-27

At the moment the loyal opposition have promised to support this election, and participate, however there must be some point at which the farcical situation seen last time is repeated, with a similar result. Which would hardly be good for Thailand.

It surely can't be the intention of TRT to provoke this, since they are already likely to win any fair election, unless there is a real ground-swell against Thaksin himself.

So what do they think they are playing at ?

''Security authorities also suggested police use intelligence networks and enforce the law against people who call themselves members of the anti-Thaksin movement,''

any protest movement worth its salt would merely take these pronouncements as a challenge and subsequently up the ante.

doesnt look good for a peaceful run in to the election.

I think what we will see next is a start up of the rallies and something I havn't seen mentioned yet although i think it's almost certain to happen.

I think Thaksin will have thugs pretend to be PAD and they will start the violence. It's quite obvious at present that any violence will have to be started by pro Thaksin supporters, they can't get PAD to be violent, so thats why they became violent the other day, it back fired big time as anti thaksin protesters still refused to fight.

The next step is to infiltrate PAD with pro thaksin supporters and have them start the next wave of violence.

I think what we will see next is a start up of the rallies and something I havn't seen mentioned yet although i think it's almost certain to happen.

I think Thaksin will have thugs pretend to be PAD and they will start the violence. It's quite obvious at present that any violence will have to be started by pro Thaksin supporters, they can't get PAD to be violent, so thats why they became violent the other day, it back fired big time as anti thaksin protesters still refused to fight.

The next step is to infiltrate PAD with pro thaksin supporters and have them start the next wave of violence.

I wonder how long it will take before we have the emergency decree in place?

In a way the news clipping suggest the PAD planted the bomb as they are both in about the same breath. Look for traps set by Thaksin’s men and make sure there are plenty of cameras running. The courts will like to see that footage I am sure.

Yes I agree blood will be in the mix here, correction more blood.

I feel sad for HRH that he must endure this.

According to the source, Pol Gen Chidchai praised police for promptly taking action against people involved in the CentralWorld incident in which three anti-Thaksin protesters were injured during a clash on Monday.

This is from the same article that George posted. In other words, great work for idly watching and allowing a 70-year old man to be beaten unconscious while under your duty to prtotect. :o

Edited by Silvercharm

I haven't seen anything on CNN's website about Thaksin's mafioso style of handling demostrators. So his buddy George might be helping him save 'face'.

Every since Thaksin bought the PM position the country has gone downhill. This new policy is certainly a step in the wrong direction.

If you think W has any pull with CNN .......... :o

Sadly the VAST majority of the USA has no clue where Thailand is on a map. They could not care less! Not much will be said on CNN if/until a protest is actually cracked down on (or until AsiaWeek)

My comments "borrowed" from the Supporters, Protesters Of Thaksin Clash At Central World thread this morning:

As is common nowadays, this article crosses over a number of different threads..... :o

Top officers told to crack down on anti-Thaksin movement

The authorities plan to get tougher with the anti-Thaksin movement after instructions were given to police to strictly enforce the law when dealing with demonstrations, a security source said yesterday. The source said the advice came during a meeting of top police officers and security officers at the Metropolitan Police Bureau chaired by caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Chidchai Wannasathit, in the wake of the ''foiled bomb plot'' on Thursday against caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Chamlong Iamchaengphan (sorry, but that almost reads like "I am a Chang fan"), an adviser to Pol Gen Chidchai on security matters, proposed that police strictly enforce the law during anti-Thaksin protests and ask the city to dismantle makeshift structures used in protests. He suggested that negligence of duty charges be filed against the city administration if it failed to cooperate, according to the source. Pol Gen Chamlong also proposed police initiate surveillance by dispatching ''rapid deployment forces'' armed with cameras to various locations to collect information for use in case of crimes. Will they utilize this surveillance obtained via video footage to arrest wrong-doers? because they haven't thus far in the Central World chaos... but then again, the cameras there didn't have "Property of Police Department" stickers on them. According to the source, Pol Gen Chidchai praised police for promptly taking action against people involved in the Central World incident in which three anti-Thaksin protesters were injured during a clash on Monday. Apparently he hasn't seen ANY of the aforementioned videos of Central World yet, which is odd, considering that he's a Deputy PM. Perhaps he's been too pre-occupied foiling assasination attempts.

Additional laughable comments from Chidchai continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/27Aug2006_news03.php

Additionally, ThaiDay reported similarly on this 3 days ago, as well:

:o

Disturbing excerpts from:

Police deny role in assaults as upcountry rallies banned

In a possible move to derail plans by the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) to stage a nationwide demonstration next week, the Interior Ministry yesterday ordered all provincial governors to thwart all future demonstrations against caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra or face severe disciplinary action.

The caretaker government signaled yesterday that harsh repercussions may await PAD demonstrations. Caretaker Interior Minister ACM Kongsak Wanthana yesterday reiterated that no police officers were involved in the violent clashes. However, at his monthly meeting with governors, conducted via video teleconference, ACM Kongsak instructed them to ensure that no anti-Thaksin protests occur in their province or they would face disciplinary action for incompetence.

- ThaiDay

http://www.ihtthaiday.com/IHT/ViewNews.asp...D=9490000107668

So now we're having the Deputy Prime Minister and the Interior Minister both saying.... put an end to democracy.

GEORGE BUSH HAS BEEN DOING THAT IN THE USA FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS

AND IS GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY NOT HERE? DO YOU THINK ANYONE WOULD STOP IT????

So now we're having the Deputy Prime Minister and the Interior Minister both saying.... put an end to democracy.

SJ I am surprised at you to miss this one. Thaksin said he is the only important person and everyone is his helper. That translates to everyone else is incapable of making decisions. This was just a pull on the Deputy Prime Minister string by Thaksin to make it look like it was not Thaksin’s order.

a fake bomb plot? Hmm he must have learned a lot from the Americans in that case. But what is less fake is a compatriot with crocodile tears (Sondhi) who complains on Chinese TV that demcocracy is a farce in Thailand? Interesting especially the venue. Another joker, Chamlong with a lot of blood on his hands dating back from the time that he was an army general. A rapist and political convict (sanan) who is above the parties, an ex friend who admitted that he bought the senate more than once (Sanoh), a boy who got screwd by the rapist and still went along with the boycott, Abhisit, and we have the entire circus complete. At least now you know which side you are supporting! Oops and I forgot of course the man who benefitted most from that other crooked telecom company TAC (Mr, Suthep) who could have mlectured Thaksin about how to steal! Welcome to politics, and not only in thailand.

First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left

to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

Well I see the problems are not going away since I have been away.

I have been in the UK for just over a year doing what I have to do and have kept up with all the negatives this forum dishes out. Oh I do get surprised sometimes when I read a positive.

Anyway I thought Mr Taksin was actually removed from the high office!!!!!!

Ah well what do I know about politics?????

So is there anybody in this forum who has positive statements as I am returning to the land of smiles in September to take up my old job in Chiangmai. (Not allowed to say who the company is sorry) as I will get a rollicking from the moderator.

Thanks in advance

Sadly the VAST majority of the USA has no clue where Thailand is on a map. They could not care less! Not much will be said on CNN if/until a protest is actually cracked down on (or until AsiaWeek)

QUITE CORRECT BUT HOW MANY RECALL THE SHAN STATE Well then, therefore- maybe American's are minor 'enjoyers' of The World's Oldest profession-so oftain abused & misunderstood!

Police deny role in assaults as upcountry rallies banned

In a possible move to derail plans by the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) to stage a nationwide demonstration next week, the Interior Ministry yesterday ordered all provincial governors to thwart all future demonstrations against caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra or face severe disciplinary action.

The caretaker government signaled yesterday that harsh repercussions may await PAD demonstrations. Caretaker Interior Minister ACM Kongsak Wanthana yesterday reiterated that no police officers were involved in the violent clashes. However, at his monthly meeting with governors, conducted via video teleconference, ACM Kongsak instructed them to ensure that no anti-Thaksin protests occur in their province or they would face disciplinary action for incompetence. INCOMPETENCE Sounds like HRBS HasBeen in Sin HAS ED

- ThaiDay

http://www.ihtthaiday.com/IHT/ViewNews.asp...D=9490000107668

name='fanclubcm' date='2006-08-28 00:32:49' post='868114']

QUITE CORRECT BUT HOW MANY RECALL THE SHAN STATE Well then, therefore- maybe American's are minor 'enjoyers' of The World's Oldest profession-so oftain abused & misunderstood!

Essentially yes.... but most of er...Merika will not give it a second thought.... neither will most of the population of the western world.

Thailand - great place to go for a holiday.... don't know about the local customs.... took loads of pictures though.... great temples.... and have you been to the Grand Palace.... what is that big golden pointy thing... and why did I need to buy a T-Shirt before I could go in...... never mind, pictures on the computer now, been there and done that..... tick the box hon.

This post has been edited by Thaddeus: Today, 2006-08-28 00:49:27 to try and make some sense of 'the quotes'

and now.... a message from our sponsor :o

Edited by Thaddeus

Had they not screwed up the bomb hoax, and been able to blow up that car, the Emergency Decree would have gone into effect. This is just a quick "patch" until something (and I agree it will probably be fake PAD demonstrators) else happens. Then the decree can be implemented.