Cooling fans

Psychic

After watching another crappy fan burn out I'm thinking I should get something that actually works.

So Google found me the Vornado 660 whole room fan.

Now, I'd think this would be a popular item in Thailand's climate.

You can get them in Australia and the Phillipines but I have, so far, been unable to find one in Thailand.

Does anybody know if they're available here?

Thanks.

Edited by Psychic

We have an el cheapo fan here that has been running for 10 years, it runs all night, usually on the lowest setting. Best solution is just that: buy a cheap one. We always have one in reserve as the living room also has one.

Fans are not my choice - eyes are dry enough without them.

1. Swamp coolers do not work well in Thailand - which is a natural swamp.

2. High speed fans are total nonsense if you are trying to live in same space.

3. Air conditioning may be a bit more expensive but much more friendly to live with.

4. Whole house type fans (pulling cool night air through house) do not work well at 33 degrees.

Larger fans are now becoming available with Hatari offering 18/20/22 inch standing/rotating models.

But unless you use there natural wind (on/off) function find such fans far too large for normal use.

((edit: sorry if this is not formatted correctly - this thread seems to be broken.))

I wonder has anyone seen a battery operated large fan here?

In the village we have may power failures and a battery operated fan would be great.

Does not take long to work up a sweat once the power goes out.

Tried to find in Thailand but the only ones I seen are usb style but I asked a friend to bring me from USA Walmart store an O2 Cool fan, that impressed with it we got him to bring us a second later. Batteries last about 50 hours and really blow very well, costs about 500 baht battery only and about 1,000 baht battery and mains. Don't know why they don't sell hear they are really worth the effort to get one.

So I guess the answer is no one has any idea where to buy a Vornado 660 in Thailand.

I was very impressed with the YouTube review...turn iron and get a breeze anywhere in the room from a small quiet fan.

So ve written to the company. If I get any positive news, I'll post it.

So I guess the answer is no one has any idea where to buy a Vornado 660 in Thailand.

I was very impressed with the YouTube review...turn iron and get a breeze anywhere in the room from a small quiet fan.

Very interested to hear if you can get one or a similar type here in Thailand.

I want one.

I want one.

Actually I would like a rechargeable battery operated fan for when we lose power here in the village.

Anyone know of one i can buy in Thailand please?

I want one.

+1; since it is not available, what are the best ones available here? Not only is it hot, its unhealthy to open the windows to cool down now, so a good fan with proper airflow, fitted with a 3m filtrete filter (~150 baht) will provide a refreshing change.

Got this info from Vornado.

Not much use to me, but perhaps if you are in Singapore it might help.

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. You might try here, they should have that model in the next 3 months:

Singapore

http://www.vornadosg.com/

530/630/733/723/783/735/745/795 is in Home Fix now.

http://www.home-fix.com/contact

http://www.vornadosg.com

Thank you,

Megan

• 2 months later...

This Vornado fan is very noisy like all fans with this shape. You can read this information in every shop review.

Still the most silent fans are the standard ones but they are very ugly.

Anybody has found something that looks better ?

What about these very expensive fans without blades that they sell at Homeworks ? They seem a lot better.

In the industrial section of every town I've paid attention to in Thailand, there's a shop selling industrial grade fans and blowers.

I'm in BKK, so I can't suggest a shop in Hua Hin. The attached is a Google Street view of the one in my neighborhood (Rama 4)

In addition, there's a big market for the blowers pulled out of old A/C units to be used as stand alone fans. I see dozens of kiosks selling them in Chinatown.

A little creativity, mixed with a little plywood and duct tape, and you can have a fan or blower custom made for your needs- and it will be bullet proof (unlike the plastic fans for household use).

post-138814-0-14083900-1431572199_thumb.

Edited by impulse

Been using my regular Hatari fan pretty much 24 hours a day for the last few years. It even survived two rage attacks from me after which I had to replace the fan blades :) Still, it's going strong. Bought another more expensive fan from a brand called Family, and that one broke within the first year. So in my experience Hatari seems pretty damn good, despite looking a bit plasticky and cheap.