If MH370 not found by end of May, new look at data

Lite Beer

I see...

Some are beginning to see another search area. I never discounted the Satellite info and search area... but with personal history believe there was a 2nd area we should have been searching. We had a couple of fighters downed over Laos in mid 60's Beacons showed they were in Gulf of Thailand, about 40 M from coast. We dispatched ships and assorted aircraft to locate and confirm... never did find any thing at beacon location. I suggested that we rethink radio receiver and signals. drawing a horizontal grid we went same distance (in an Arc) north of center mark Grid.... 6 hrs. we had in both pilots on the Tarmac! If we had sent Teams to both locations, they would not have spent 2 days in Hostile environment! For some reason signal was transposed (Mirrored) magnetically between North and South magnetic fields.

I have been restricted by someone or something from COPY and PASTE the following link. But if you "copy" it go to google and pasted, click to open you will see Jeff's link. Click on "How Crazy Am I to Think I Know...." and you can read his very extensive article.

www.nymag.com/daily/inteligencer/2015/02/jeff_wise_mh370_theory.html?mid=facebook_nymag

​I just believe we could have saved a year, so much stress and pain (money) from everyone involved if we had in the beginning sent search to both areas... Drawn a Horizontal grid from Satelites position and plotted pings both North and South of it. As it is we have Nothing yet... 1 Year Later! NOTHING!!

​This link was sent to me in Facebook... I have to give Jeff and NYMAG a shout also as it is their reposting of info. If I have forgotten to give credit to anyone involved in this link, correct it for me... it was not intended!

​Also please do not erase/cut posting as it was hard enough to finally complete it... as a spot of info I was first Blocked from opening THAI VISTA FORUMS link to this page by Thai Military Controlled Site, their Restricted Site page info was displayed! (Thanks for VPN'S - They work!)

​David

This is unlikely to be found due to the search area is so large. In the case of AF447 they knew the crash site to within 40 Nautical Miles approx 5000 sq mile search area

But still took 2 years and 5 seperate search phases to locate the wreck. In fact the 5th search phase (when the wreck was found) was to be the final phase due to the spiralling cost .

The search area for MH370 is 60,000 sq miles more then 10 times the search area for AF447, and this may not even be the correct search area !

At some point the cost of the search will become unrealistic and unsustainable.

Malaysian Airlines should be paying for the search.
NOT other countries.
It was their plane.

That must be one of the most mean spirited comments out----especially coming from a Aussi

Why? A search like that costs a great deal of money, and as all the passengers can be assumed dead, what is the point of continuing? It's not like they can save anyone's life now.

Dear God......!! Words fail me.....

Please explain why Australia should spend money to find a plane that belongs to another country. God isn't going to help either.

Because the search area is in Australia's SAR zone established under Civil Aviation protocols. I read that Malaysia and China are contributing (why China I'm not sure) and I'd suggest Boeing have an interest in establishing what happened, so may also be kicking the can With some $$.

The whole saga is more than interesting.

Dismiss the truth all you want, but this story is all about anthrax stolen and recovered. Tell me via comments if you want me to write out the whole real story from start in Seychelles to CDC in Atlanta, but the site must allow my long well-reasoned, fact-filled discussion to take the trouble.

I hope that airlines have now been required to make transponders unable to be shut off by the cabin crew. I fail to understand why they would have been able to in the first place.

The pilots have to be able to shut off and reset the transponders. They'd need something in addition to the pilots' transponder if something was to be running all of the time. I think it would need to be able to shut itself off, but that's an issue. If it perhaps shut off when the engines shut off, then it wouldn't transmit a locator signal in a dead stick landing or crash.

Occasionally a pilot forgets to shut off a transponder after the plane lands and it has been sitting for a long time. This is the equivalent of a distress signal - perhaps a crashed plane and authorities will go looking for it. I've seen that at a private airport with a private plane, but that's easy and the airport just gets a phone call with a question. It is a locator, after all.

One of the first things the pilots do when they fire up a plane to taxi is to turn on the transponder, and part of the checklist for parking is to turn it off.

Normally when the transponder is turned off it means the plane has landed and "parked." Or, tinfoil hat, it means the pilot(s) don't want to be found or that the transponder failed or that someone made a big mistake.

I hope that airlines have now been required to make transponders unable to be shut off by the cabin crew. I fail to understand why they would have been able to in the first place.

The pilots have to be able to shut off and reset the transponders. They'd need something in addition to the pilots' transponder if something was to be running all of the time. I think it would need to be able to shut itself off, but that's an issue. If it perhaps shut off when the engines shut off, then it wouldn't transmit a locator signal in a dead stick landing or crash.

Occasionally a pilot forgets to shut off a transponder after the plane lands and it has been sitting for a long time. This is the equivalent of a distress signal - perhaps a crashed plane and authorities will go looking for it. I've seen that at a private airport with a private plane, but that's easy and the airport just gets a phone call with a question. It is a locator, after all.

One of the first things the pilots do when they fire up a plane to taxi is to turn on the transponder, and part of the checklist for parking is to turn it off.

Normally when the transponder is turned off it means the plane has landed and "parked." Or, tinfoil hat, it means the pilot(s) don't want to be found or that the transponder failed or that someone made a big mistake.

Well, they need something, else we will continue to see such incidents. Either that, or replace the pilots with robots that don't develop psychiatric conditions that cause them to kill themselves along with the entire passenger list.

Incidentally, re the relatives that refuse to believe the passengers are dead, do they actually think that they will be found alive in the plane at the bottom of the sea? Seems to me they should be demanding the search should be relocated to land areas if they have some hope of survivors.

It's time to move on- pass an act of parliament or equivalent so people can get life insurance, etc- and stop pouring vast sums of money into a search that can't save anyone.

Not 1 piece of floating debris from an aircraft supposedly lost at sea. That I believe has to be a 1st for a passenger aircraft. Especially a big one. I think going back to the drawing board is going back to the radar blips of something that crossed the peninsula. Remember, villagers near the coast reported a loud bang.

Why no interview of that guy McKay who reported witnessing a passenger plane crashing into the sea off Vietnam from the oil rig platform he was working on ?