The ultimate bum gun thread

bino

Every bum gun in my experience has a shut off valve. Essential fitting as they always will break one day & no way to shut them off. This can also be used to reduce volume. My opinion is that the larger diameter nozzles usually have larger spray pattern. Smaller diameter should mean smaller spray pattern. Around 300 - 750 baht there is no logic around price & quality. I had a very expensive one (4 figures) self destruct in 2 months & cheapos go for years. If you have to throw 1x or 2x 300-450 baht units away b4 you find one that suits you, that will not be the end of the world.

I'm so damn fat anymore that I can no longer do a proper reach around. And now having living in Thailand a fair number of years my muscle memory as to how to do it is long gone as well. Hence I want a bum gun that can peel paint off the wall.

I actually have a couple of the Tesco brand in a storage bldg. that I keep in my home country on the perchance that I ever move back there. I probably ought to look into buying at least one of the more posh type.

I'm gong back to visit my daughter in a couple of months. I think that after a what will be a weak attempt with the TP it will be straight into the shower for me.

Been going to Thailand for about 36 years and still never used one, cos I am not sure how. We need a You-tube video explaining all the ins and outs, pros and cons and dangers or joys of using them.

Try it. Make sure you don't get your elbow wet.

Been going to Thailand for about 36 years and still never used one, cos I am not sure how. We need a You-tube video explaining all the ins and outs, pros and cons and dangers or joys of using them.

i would recommend he remove his head first

Take it to the next level if you will. I enjoy excellent water pressure and enjoy the fact that pressed into service a water tight seal offers a bit of an enema. I am not talking about a coffee laced lay on your side spa kinda thing but a lower end clearance. I have enjoyed this optional use for several years and wonder if I am the only one.

They are pretty simple except for the one where I work which has its own water supply and has a shower head handle which can be turned left and right for hot and cold water respectively. The cleaner uses it to fill up her bucket with hot water and the first time I used this, I was unaware. So yes I can confirm that getting a powerful blast of scalding hot water up the backside is rather unpleasant. Its no exaggeration to say that I nearly hit the roof. However, since then I always make sure that after I have used it, I turn the handle to hot water and use it so that when the next person comes, they will get the same hot blast I did.

I replaced all in our house after breaking with American Standard, brushed stainless steel with steel valve lever. I guess they will last long. It's a bit modern design, works perfect and no comments from the boss too.

attachicon.gifBumGun.jpg

We have had several of these for many years. They work perfectly and are durable.

By the way, Thai people call this device "doctor" not "bum gun".

Have tried many over the years.

Best one found was in Home Pro, aptly named HOY.

More of a jet than a spray

This is exactly what we ended up buying.

post-18167-0-87243600-1425874712_thumb.j

Was 480 THB at Home Pro. I also looked at the top-of-line model by Hafele, but it was almost double the price at 895 THB.

post-18167-0-14161400-1425874734_thumb.j

HomePro had a basin set up where we could test the models we were interested in. Very nice touch by them.

Both were excellent- nice trigger action and quality feel. If I was alone I probably would have bought the Hafele, but Ms. Bino and her Thai practicality saw little difference or reason to pay the premium price, and the fits of giggles over the brand name sealed the deal.

Edited by bino

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thats what I'm afraid of, I'm sure I am going to saturate my trousers,paper roll and anything else in the stall.

Actually, just remembered on the last trip (about a month ago) I tried one of those fancy inbuilt ones at Terminal 21 and quite enjoyed it, but that is a different proposition than a bum gun.

I'm not a plumber so I'll ask.

What special (plumbing) thing needs to be done in order to have one of these installed in UK?

Does it have to be inspected (like everything else)?

Visitors have fallen in love with them!

Don't know about the UK, but in Australia installation is technically illegal due to a cross-contamination issue. Although how you get contamination to travel backwards against flow through about a metre of piping.... hey, it's Australian bureaucracy at work.

The ones with stainless steel nozzle and flexible hose appear to be better quality.

It's a sobering thought - there are whole Western nations wandering around with <deleted> in various unhygienic conditions, simply because of a myth toilet paper alone is sufficient.

Go into your bathroom and not this about your wash basen, if you will fill it 100% the top level of the water still does not touch the spigot. Same for all water services, the reason being is that due the siphon water can flow back I to the supply.

The gun I guess violates this forced physical air barrier by way of being able to be dropped I the toilet.

Have tried many over the years.

Best one found was in Home Pro, aptly named HOY.

More of a jet than a spray

HomePro had a basin set up where we could test the models we were interested in. Very nice touch by them.

Was it you or the missus that got their arse out for the test run?

The "bum gun" or bidet formally, is one of the few things I insist on. I used this growing up in Europe so it's nothing new to me here. Ask yourself this simple question:

If you shat on your hands, would you wipe it off with dry toilet paper until it wasn't visible anymore? Or would you use water? sick.gif

• Like 1

Please, some info on the test centre as I'm thinking about replacing the stinger. I'd like to test the range at homepro but I am leaning towards the one that looks like the star ship enterprise.

Leaning towards it, or hovering over it?

Anyhow, that one is the best choice, it circles Uranus and attacks Klingons.

The "bum gun" or bidet formally, is one of the few things I insist on. I used this growing up in Europe so it's nothing new to me here. Ask yourself this simple question:

If you shat on your hands, would you wipe it off with dry toilet paper until it wasn't visible anymore? Or would you use water? sick.gif

Good call,except i need both,as i end up with a sqiushy arse,wash then dab dry with paper.