Russian tourist arrested for allegedly killing security officer

Thaivisa News

R.I.P Prajak you died a real hero and have my total respect for saving your girlfriend like that not many Thai men would sacrifice themselves like that and once we get a picture of this Evil Russian I am sure he will probable be a huge brute of a guy, with some story like oh sorry I had been drinking its not my fault it was the alcohol that did it.

Another backhanded compliment to Thais. It would have been better if you had just left it at "R.I.P Prajak you died a real hero and have my total respect for saving your girlfriend like that" I also doubt he meant to sacrifice himself, just unfortunately the Russian overpowered him or got a lucky blow in.

Oh God forbid say anything positive about the Thais. I ask myself this question everyday. If the foreigners that live and visit here hate the Thais so much. Why do you stay ? Two reasons. And if you look deep and are honest with yourself i think you already know the answer. I would have done the same for my girlfriend without a second thought. Sacrifice your own life for another should be honored.

I first thought "What possible reason who guy have to kill security guard at a temple?" And then I noticed perp is Russian, so no reason needed. Death penalty may not deter others, but would prevent this animal from being repeat offender.

Never a doubt, the keypad detectives have already invented the security guard hero, the drug-crazed Russian, the life sentence, even the death sentence, ad infinitum. All you have is the story as reported. Most of you have already complained about the poor quality of reporting in other forums, yet you continue to kibitz based on poor reporting. The story has only the girlfriend’s word, saying the Russian was smashing vehicle windows, when she told him to stop, he started after her. Whereupon, the boyfriend intervened, and was killed for his efforts.

What if the story was reported: A Russian quality tourist saw an obviously drug-crazed Thai man bashing windows in a parking lot. The good Samaritan Russian, ran to stop the wanton destruction of property and the Thai turned the pipe on him. The ex-Spetsnaz Russian and the drug-crazed Thai fought to the death over possession of the pipe. Seeing the looming Thai accomplices and fearing for his safety, the Russian hero tried to scale the wall, but was subdued by a Thai mob of accomplices. Upon arrival, the police, knowing full-well no Thai would do such a thing, believed the girlfriend’s and accomplices’ concocted a story of murder and destruction of property at the hands of the Russian. The quality tourist was unable to speak Thai or any other language the police understood to tell his side of the story.

Lighten up, it's only a forum!

As always the eye for an eye responses that show the intelligence of many posters here. Many people somehow still believe that we will rid the world of all evil by being evil ourselves. How can that work? We've tried this medieval policy for 100's, if not 1000's of years and there are still many evil forces at work. Maybe it's time for a new approach.

Rest in Peace Prajak

I have yet to see any of those who have been executed come back and commit another crime, whereas the same cannot be said of those who are incarcerated for a period of time, including up to life in prison. Your argument doesn't hold water.

• Like 1

So, what is a first story in the news, describing only what a girlfriend is "said" to have said is fact and we're ready to kill the guy.

Not only that we're going to obsess on these "facts" for many pages until we want to kill each other, LOL. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

If this is true send him to a Thai prison with a life sentence. Let him rot in there. Unbelievable....!!

" with a life sentence "

But then why should Thai taxpayers pay to keep him alive all that time?

I'm sure they can afford to pay for a couple of days until he is sorted. A life sentence can be anything from a few hours to ...whatever.

the tourist could not communicate with police officers as if he were insane. --> nothing new coffee1.gif just the way Russians are...

RIP

that's a cheap comment to get some votes! Is it only the Russians who commit crimes in Thailand? One kills and 150 million are condemned. I hear these slogans often latest time coming out of the mouths of extremists...

So, what is a first story in the news, describing only what a girlfriend is "said" to have said is fact and we're ready to kill the guy.

Not only that we're going to obsess on these "facts" for many pages until we want to kill each other, LOL. coffee1.gif

Sensible post. Death sentence, life in prison, eye for an eye. Ban all Russians for the actions of a very few??? Every nation has at least a few questionable people.

Ban all Tourists from any country who exports a nut case??? There would be no tourist industry in Thailand... ... ...

We are rather sure someone has died with a bashed in head. We are sure there is a "suspect"

. I am sure This unfortunate event happened in a Soverign nation where the laws of the nation apply regardless of where they come from.

The wheels of the justice system, such as they are, will move in the way they do, what evidence there is must be examined in a court of law.

Only then can any sentence be pronounced by a judge.

As for all the keyboard warriors..... passing judgement on the basis of what????

I can pass no judgement on them as

1) I am not a Judge

2) I haven't seen both sides of anything

3) ... ... ...

4) ,,, ,,, ,,,

5)??? ??? ???

6) I may have misspelt a word somewhere leading to a crusade by the language police

Another news story of a senseless death. Rip to the security guard.

It sounds like the Russian was high on something! Stay away from

the drugs! More advice, do not leave your drink unattended, or you may

suddenly become drunker than you could imagine, or find your self

wandering around hours later, wondering what hit you.

Happened to me years back, and I am glad that I had my Canadian

buddy to save my skin, while I was on a walk a bout, until I got my

senses back.

What is it with the Russians and temple's this is at least the third incident i can remember recently,maybe they should be banned from temple's,better still the whole country.

My sample size has also left an indelible impression. Where to start..

One almost killed my (little) Thai wife..the large Russian woman jostled into a better position to take a photo, on the rocks at Koh Similan, and <deleted> near shoved the wife off a 100 meter cliff. She was oblivious to it.

I have about 10 examples in that vein, one Russian guy was poking endangered burrowing crabs with a pointed stick, this after being warned a minute prior NOT to..

• Like 1

If this is true send him to a Thai prison with a life sentence. Let him rot in there. Unbelievable....!!

" with a life sentence "

But then why should Thai taxpayers pay to keep him alive all that time?

Small money for big revenge..