Kasikorn: Thai baht to fluctuate between 32.25 - 32.55 per US dollar this week

webfact

Kasikorn: Thai baht to fluctuate between 32.25 - 32.55 per US dollar this week

BANGKOK, 9 March 2015 (NNT)-Kasikorn Research Center (KRC) has forecast that the resistance levels in the Thai stock market this week will be around 1,584– 1,594 points.

According to the KRC, the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) will also see support levels fluctuate between 1,548 to 1,537 points.

However, the fluctuations are also subject to several factors, such as the central bank's interest rate policy, which will be decided on Wednesday, the Chinese industrial productivity levels and the U.S. economy in terms of its real estate indicators, manufacturer index and retail sales.

The Thai baht will likely move between 32.25-32.55 against the US dollar this week.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-09 footer_n.gif

With California leading a trend in the US Real Estate market and The Job market In California expecting a rise in demand on skilled labor in construction The west ward flow of workers will head west to fill these jobs. Even in Las Vegas new housing is picking up as well as sales I see the Baht losing ground quickly. Either an adjustment in the exchange rate happens and happens soon Thailand stands to lose billions of baht in Exports to cash in on this boom in the making. But I just another dumb farang that don't know nothing.cheesy.gif

• Like 2

With California leading a trend in the US Real Estate market and The Job market In California expecting a rise in demand on skilled labor in construction The west ward flow of workers will head west to fill these jobs. Even in Las Vegas new housing is picking up as well as sales I see the Baht losing ground quickly. Either an adjustment in the exchange rate happens and happens soon Thailand stands to lose billions of baht in Exports to cash in on this boom in the making. But I just another dumb farang that don't know nothing.cheesy.gif

I can not decide if this is brilliant satire ... or ... you you have no idea what you are talking about and this borders on insanity / word salad.

Beyond this week banks will have to have lowered interest rates by 50 points. But that will begin a stock market bear, so greed will stay the course. The government and banks have yet in the last 14 months made the necessary economic sacrafices to boost the economy. In the end all Thais who can least afford economic reversable will pay for the government's follies in the form of an inflating baht.

Beyond this week banks will have to have lowered interest rates by 50 points. But that will begin a stock market bear, so greed will stay the course. The government and banks have yet in the last 14 months made the necessary economic sacrafices to boost the economy. In the end all Thais who can least afford economic reversable will pay for the government's follies in the form of an inflating baht.

OMG. Did you just say that low interest rates cause a bear market?

I do not know whether to laugh or cry.

This is the most revealing thread i have read in a long time.

Wow.

Could you make those linkages a little clearer?

Edited by rametindallas

I dont know who this "webfact" fellow is....but he doesnt have a clue about how to post worthwhile news stories. Its just junk!

I dont know It seem there's a lot you don't know.

So, 'finance' is another subject you are not up-to-date on. The story is timely because the Central Bank is going to announce whether is will lower interest rates or not. Lowering interests rates can spur the economy (make business/home/personal loans cheaper) but it can also spur inflation (devaluation of the Baht). It is a two-edged sword and what they decide will affect many people that you, apparently, aren't aware of.

Edited by rametindallas

OMG. Did you just say that low interest rates cause a bear market?

I do not know whether to laugh or cry.

This is the most revealing thread i have read in a long time.

Wow.

Surely he meant Bull Market and just got confused (Bulls invest in the market; Bears disinvest in the market). When one can't make decent (above inflation rates) profits from interest on loans, one invests that money in the stock market. When the US began Quantitative Easing and interest rates dropped to near zero, the US stock market became the only place to earn profits (aside from real estate which requires a lot of involvement by the investor). Hence, the US stock market is breaking new records every week. The US Federal Reserve Bank, which sets interest rates, recently raised interest rates a tad but not enough to scare the Bulls in the stock market. Thailand has invested heavily in the Real Estate sector (sold but unoccupied condos) because their stock market can be so easily manipulated that few trust it. You can't find an available safety deposit box in any bank as they are all full of gold as an investment. My own opinion is that interest rates should be held where they are and hope the infrastructure spending by the government boosts the economy without the need to manipulate the currency. Thailand has a strong record of having a quickly rebounding economy and I have lots of confidence in those responsible for the economy.

• Like 1

In terms of the Dollar, the Baht is losing value.The Baht will gain value against most other currencies, especially the Euro as the European Central Bank has just begun massive Quantitative Easing (devaluation by flooding the market with Euros) as the Japanese have already done last year.

I do not understand how the Thailand baht can do so good against the US and Canadian

dollars and other currencies, It just does not make sense to me. The baht is 25. something against 1 dollar

Canadian, and that is down from the normal 30 baht to one Canadian dollar.

Does this actually mean that the US and Canadian money is worth a lot less than it was just

a year ago, or is it that some one is playing with the Thai currency levels?

Just asking, How is the currency doing with you Australia, is your money worth anything less, and are you curious as well?

Edited by Stargrazer9889

I do not understand how the Thailand baht can do so good against the US and Canadian

dollars and other currencies, It just does not make sense to me. The baht is 25. something against 1 dollar

Does this actually mean that the US and Canadian money is worth a lot less than it was just

Just asking, How is the currency doing with you Australia, is your money worth anything less, and are you curious as well?

The Aussie $ is in the ssshitter!

1.00 AUD[/size]

=

25.0355 THB[/size]

Australian Dollar

Thai Baht

1 AUD = 25.0355 THB

1 THB = 0.0399433 AUD

I am afraid I will have to sell some gold to cover my cost of living here.

One can only hope the baht finds it's true value (down down down) soon.

The Aussie $ is in the ssshitter!

1.00 AUD[/size]

=

25.0355 THB[/size]

Australian Dollar

[emoji662]

Thai Baht

1 AUD = 25.0355 THB

1 THB = 0.0399433 AUD

I am afraid I will have to sell some gold to cover my cost of living here.

One can only hope the baht finds it's true value (down down down) soon.

The Aussie dollar has been way overvalued for a long time....

Thailand has been manipulating their Baht strength for the last few years , just as the Euro did as well as the Chines Yuan. But just like China in the past, and now the Euro is feeling the effects of their over inflated strength , Thailand is due for an awakening. The only reason they are talking about a rate change is because the economy here has been going in the toilet slow but surely due to the over inflation of the Baht. Hang in there they may hold out for another 6 months or so but I don't see them to be able to sustain this method much longer. Bloomberg has caught on to this months ago. One reason they hardly ever talk about the Thai Baht now because they know its a joke.

I can not decide if this is brilliant satire ... or ... you you have no idea what you are talking about and this borders on insanity / word salad.

I am not in the position to declare anyone as borderline insane. All views are considered and time will tell which is correct.

I didn't read it as satire, but perhaps it is. A good read either way.

I dont know who this "webfact" fellow is....but he doesnt have a clue about how to post worthwhile news stories. Its just junk!

So, 'finance' is another subject you are not up-to-date on. The story is timely because the Central Bank is going to announce whether is will lower interest rates or not. Lowering interests rates can spur the economy (make business/home/personal loans cheaper) but it can also spur inflation (devaluation of the Baht). It is a two-edged sword and what they decide will affect many people that you, apparently, aren't aware of.

The first sentence could have been left out, as well as the use of the word "you" in the last sentence.

Both are unnecessary and turn an otherwise informative post, into what looks like a frontal assault on the poster and not the post.

• Like 1

In terms of the Dollar, the Baht is losing value.The Baht will gain value against most other currencies, especially the Euro as the European Central Bank has just begun massive Quantitative Easing (devaluation by flooding the market with Euros) as the Japanese have already done last year.

You wrote, "In terms of the Dollar, the Baht is losing value."

The baht has gained 1.6 percent against the greenback in 2015, heading for the biggest quarterly advance in two years, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. A Morgan Stanley trade-weighted index for the currency is near a 22-month high, while the balance of payments, a measure of international cash flows, moved to a surplus in January for the first time since July.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-04/goldman-sachs-sees-baht-capped-by-intervention-to-shield-exports?cmpid=yhoo

The first sentence could have been left out, as well as the use of the word "you" in the last sentence.

Both are unnecessary and turn an otherwise informative post, into what looks like a frontal assault on the poster and not the post.

Of all the current world affairs and news that is actually newsworthy, what we are saying js that this not newsworthy. Fact is that webfact posts anything and everything anti-US instead of posting major headline news.

Thailand has been manipulating their Baht strength for the last few years , just as the Euro did as well as the Chines Yuan. But just like China in the past, and now the Euro is feeling the effects of their over inflated strength , Thailand is due for an awakening. The only reason they are talking about a rate change is because the economy here has been going in the toilet slow but surely due to the over inflation of the Baht. Hang in there they may hold out for another 6 months or so but I don't see them to be able to sustain this method much longer. Bloomberg has caught on to this months ago. One reason they hardly ever talk about the Thai Baht now because they know its a joke.

You wrote, "One reason they hardly ever talk about the Thai Baht now because they know its a joke."

Bloomberg lists 9808 articles about Thailand business. 53 articles in the past month.

Of all the current world affairs and news that is actually newsworthy, what we are saying js that this not newsworthy. Fact is that webfact posts anything and everything anti-US instead of posting major headline news.

I'm a proud US citizen and don't pay much attention to webfact or any other entity with an axe-to-grind. I prefer to attack and dismantle the post and leave the "you", "your", etc. out of the posting. That's what I was trying to share.

What is newsworthy seems best left to the individual to decide and I am certainly not interested, qualified or knowledgeable enough to think otherwise.