MAD DOG

Farangdanny

Well all this talk about Mad Dog I dropped in today for the Pizza as I had never tried it. It was good. The service was far better than when I quit going there for Breakfast a few years back. I actually had two of them smile at me. Maybe because we were the only ones eating every one else was drinking. No big deal to me. I expect people to drink in bars.

Scanned the menu and the baked potatoes looked really good. Going to have to go back and try one. The Breakfasts I thought were pricey. But then again I can order some thing else for a change. The only thing I disliked and always have is the high bar stools.

most miserable staff by far would be the morning crew at jok sampet, they sit around talking and ignore you for five minutes before ambling over and my sa waa dee khrap is not returned only met with a blank stare, if only there where some other places open at 6am

and yes before anyone asks this poor level of service has been on multiple occasions

Smokie36

An Englishman comments on pizza! Only YOU would make a football analogy. This, from a country that takes pride in "beans on toast" and puts A-1 sauce on EVERYTHING. oh, I mustn't forget all the other heart clogging cholesterol laden delicacies that adorn the English menu. Precious!

A-1 Sauce in UK??? I very much doubt it.

Smokie36

An Englishman comments on pizza! Only YOU would make a football analogy. This, from a country that takes pride in "beans on toast" and puts A-1 sauce on EVERYTHING. oh, I mustn't forget all the other heart clogging cholesterol laden delicacies that adorn the English menu. Precious!

An Englishman??

That's a terrible slur on my character.

• Like 1

Smokie36

An Englishman??

An easy mistake to make. You were being coherent.

w00t.gif

Smokie36

An Englishman??

An easy mistake to make. You were being coherent.

w00t.gif

Well all I did was point out the very average nature of their pizzas.

Seems to be a lot of angry people around....and not very fussy eaters.

What's needed in CM are some of those Asda pizzas at two for four quid....they would go down a storm.

I'll even go on record as saying they are better than the offerings at Mad Dog.

Meanwhile back to league business.....;)

A friend and I did 15 large Leos last night and the bill was 687 THB. nice promo girls there, too. Not a trace of rudeness anywhere, nor canned baked beans, or hot dogs. Up to you.

your porky tales are getting worse than your brit bashing,no were in Thailand including off licences super markets mom an pop shops will would sell 15 large leos for 687bht stop trolling it suits you.

your porky tales are getting worse than your brit bashing,no were in Thailand including off licences super markets mom an pop shops will would sell 15 large leos for 687bht stop trolling it suits you.

Dayli on Nimmanheiman soi 11 offers a promotion of five large Leos for 229 thb. So, if that's where he went, then 3X that promotion works out to 15 large Leos for 687 thb.

You can find promotions for large beers (Leo and Chang Export) even cheaper than that in some of the other, less trendy Thai beer bar areas.

Smokie36

A-1 Sauce in UK??? I very much doubt it.

I am from the UK. I have never heard of A-1 sauce? Is it regional thing like deep fried mars bars and chip barms?

• Like 2

Dayli on Nimmanheiman soi 11 offers a promotion of five large Leos for 229 thb. So, if that's where he went, then 3X that promotion works out to 15 large Leos for 687 thb.

You can find promotions for large beers (Leo and Chang Export) even cheaper than that in some of the other, less trendy Thai beer bar areas.

The live music was also good. Think how many cans of beans you could buy with the savings, TB. Have lunch on me.......post-227967-0-82691300-1426834132_thumb.

Edited by bangmai

Seems like the simple solution for all the people who dislike Mad Dogs would be for them to save their baht bus fares, stay out of town and find a watering hole in the suburbs?

Seems like the simple solution for all the people who dislike Mad Dogs would be for them to save their baht bus fares, stay out of town and find a watering hole in the suburbs?

Love it or not, it's certainly a popular topic nearly 3,500 views.

I think Nick would welcome more negative views, to keep the thread going. wink.png

only before 8oclock.and we were talking about mad dog wernt we,not nimman and atda yli they insist on opening every bottle,i mean its out of date beer already, be pure vinager by the 10th bottle.

Edited by true blue

only before 8oclock.and we were talking about mad dog wernt we,not nimman and atda yli they insist on opening every bottle,i mean its out of date beer already, be pure vinager by the 10th bottle.

Well, I was just responding to your post that stated "nowhere in Thailand" would sell 15 large Leos for 687 thb (and I even corrected your spelling for you, my pleasure.)

So that clears things up, no beer promo girls at Mad Dog. (Young ladies tarted up in a bodycon, to tittilate customers and push alcohol. As if it doesn't sell itself already).

Edited by arunsakda

most miserable staff by far would be the morning crew at jok sampet, they sit around talking and ignore you for five minutes before ambling over and my sa waa dee khrap is not returned only met with a blank stare, if only there where some other places open at 6am

and yes before anyone asks this poor level of service has been on multiple occasions

if you look anything like your avatar don't blame them,ive been going there on and off for ten years was even there last night, and found the staff okay don't exspect to be treated like royalty,you can always get the menu yourself or order food yourself can not be that bad if you keep going back just a whinge a mate,the menu does state the staff does not speak English,propaly don't speak much thai either by the looks.ps its the only place I no that run after you and give you your change which I had left back to you,i don't think they ever get tipped in there.

well all this free advertising has got me to go in and try there Pizza. It was OK nothing super special about it and I definitely will be back for a baked potato. So it can't be all bad for Nick. Also I don't know about others but the service I got was good and two of the waitresses smiled at me.

well all this free advertising has got me to go in and try there Pizza. It was OK nothing super special about it and I definitely will be back for a baked potato. So it can't be all bad for Nick. Also I don't know about others but the service I got was good and two of the waitresses smiled at me.

Pizza is a relatively subjective menu term/item in CM...I wouldn't place MD among the best but is a very long way from the worst....nothing worse than wanting/hankering/yearning for a pizza fix - then wishing you hadn't afterward and being completely dissappointed.....MD is in the in between catagory - a "safe bet"

• Like 2

promo is all night.........mine were born in March last night.......At worst case you would get five at a time, but they bring me mine individually, very cold....or no tip. How fresh are they at Gecko? Last time I went in there, my Tiger was 11 months+ old....and it was a lot more than 46 thb.

Edited by bangmai

if you look anything like your avatar don't blame them,ive been going there on and off for ten years was even there last night, and found the staff okay don't exspect to be treated like royalty,you can always get the menu yourself or order food yourself can not be that bad if you keep going back just a whinge a mate,the menu does state the staff does not speak English,propaly don't speak much thai either by the looks.ps its the only place I no that run after you and give you your change which I had left back to you,i don't think they ever get tipped in there.

i dont expect to be treated like royalty just basic customer service would be appreciated, i go there because its the only place open at 6am, if it wasnt i would go elsewhere, with their attitude im not surprised no one tips

Pizza is a relatively subjective menu term/item in CM...I wouldn't place MD among the best but is a very long way from the worst....nothing worse than wanting/hankering/yearning for a pizza fix - then wishing you hadn't afterward and being completely dissappointed.....MD is in the in between catagory - a "safe bet"

At last a sensible review of their pizza!....I concur entirely.