MAD DOG

Farangdanny

I have been going to MD's for 10 years. It's pub grub. I don't go to drink, I don't go to socialize nor do I go to hit up on the staff. It is what it is and is still in business. I am sure the owner could give a flying rats ass less about the whiners on this thread.thumbsup.gif 81 post of free advertising for Mad Dogs.clap2.gif

Most of it saying the breakfast is crap and the staff are miserable cheats.

Yeah, it's really tempting me to go and try it.

biggrin.png

On a side note. Every English Breakfast I have tried in Chiang Mai when the eggs are sunny side up taste as if the eggs are soaked in motor oil.w00t.gif I solved that at MD by having the eggs scrambled.thumbsup.gif As I said NO body in CNX can do a decent English Breakfastsick.gif you have to go to BKK and Pattayacool.png .I personally fell that Arts Caffe and Boars Head having the best breakfast going.licklips.gif

I have been going to MD's for 10 years. It's pub grub. I don't go to drink, I don't go to socialize nor do I go to hit up on the staff. It is what it is and is still in business. I am sure the owner could give a flying rats ass less about the whiners on this thread.thumbsup.gif 81 post of free advertising for Mad Dogs.clap2.gif

biggrin.png

On a side note. Every English Breakfast I have tried in Chiang Mai when the eggs are sunny side up taste as if the eggs are soaked in motor oil.w00t.gif I solved that at MD by having the eggs scrambled.thumbsup.gif As I said NO body in CNX can do a decent English Breakfastsick.gif you have to go to BKK and Pattayacool.png .I personally fell that Arts Caffe and Boars Head having the best breakfast going.licklips.gif

Soi 1 cafe, at soi 1 just off Chiyapom rd, check his bfast out.

biggrin.png

Wrong neighborhood.tongue.png

biggrin.png

Wrong neighborhood.tongue.png

Worth a look.

Mad Dog was one of the first places I ate in Chiang Mai, more than 9 years ago. I used to meet friends there for breakfast regularly, as I lived in the area. I moved to Saraphi 7 years ago, rarely go down to the old city anymore. When I do go to Mad Dog, probably twice a year, Gai remembers me and what I drink. She is courteous and always asks about my wife. I don't know what people expect from restaurant staff, remembering my order and courtesy toward me, is all I have a right to expect. If you feel that you need to be able tell someone all your troubles, and that they should have to listen....go to a shrink.

• Like 2

My two bits. I went to Mad Dog once around 2003 or so. I never went back and I am not sure why. I do recall the feeling of being unwelcome. The atmosphere seemed a bit odd to me, for sure. Maybe it's just me.

I had no idea they did pizza. I may give it a try. Or would that be a bad idea?

Mad Dogs is what it is. I go there maybe once a month when I need some pub food. Beer glasses are chilled. Beer is cold. Sports on TV. Food is ok. Staff do their job efficiently and attentively. Never, ever had an issue of overcharge.

The staff remember me, smile and take my order and I don't have to sit with soap dodgers and get hassled by over friendly bar girls.

I enjoy the privacy and not having to discuss inane topics with people I really don't want to talk to.

Never spoken to Nick, but he knows what works for him and his Customers.

• Like 2

I bet there's quite a few going to try Mad Dog after reading this thread.

Reckon Nick is gutted.

All the way to the bank.w00t.gif

I think you are right. It's more than 10 years since I have been to Mad Dogs but I have decided that's where I am going for my next pizza. Not bothered about the staff I just want to enjoy the pizza. Mad Dogs was off my radar until this thread came up. If I like the pizza I will be going again.

• Like 1

The pizza is very good - just time your visit away from the drinkers....odd mix and layout - can't tell whether the food grew out of the drink or visa versa....the pizza is why I took my family there that ill fated time.....but I have enjoyed other fare in the past but dropped in solo so was easier to seat 1 versus 4.....but it's really a bar feel to it - hard drinking bar atmosphere opposed to a lively or happy environment....

• Like 1

IMO Mad dog food is great and inexpensive, yes, I have felt ingnored there many times ..even walked out....but the

grub..especially the pizza, is worth it.

Plenty of good food places in LK Road, I always ask what kind of sausage in the breakfast in any Thailand restaurant

because I can't stomach those hot dog type sausages.

I'll be back to try the new pizza....drink copious beers and smoke at the outside table blowing my smoke outside.

Funny...there seem to be a few of Mad Dog's grumpy brigade on here....never fear I will invite you all outside at Songkran!

• Like 1

IMO Mad dog food is great and inexpensive, yes, I have felt ingnored there many times ..even walked out....but the

grub..especially the pizza, is worth it.

Plenty of good food places in LK Road, I always ask what kind of sausage in the breakfast in any Thailand restaurant

because I can't stomach those hot dog type sausages.

Really? I only have one experience - and it was for breakfast - and it wasn't very good. Food was below average and as I was the only customer in the place at the time, I can say with confidence that was others have said about the staff's demeanor is spot on. Haven't had the pizza so cannot comment.

Enjoy your time there, once is enough for me. Cheers, PW.

• Like 1

I can't believe I read this thread all the way to the end. I have passed by the place many times but never went in, as it had more the look of a bar than an eatery worth considering. I wish them well, in high season or low.

However, it was completely out of line for so many to name and trash the young lady manager. I'm surprised those posts were not booted off. It's bad form.

I can't believe I read this thread all the way to the end. I have passed by the place many times but never went in, as it had more the look of a bar than an eatery worth considering. I wish them well, in high season or low.

However, it was completely out of line for so many to name and trash the young lady manager. I'm surprised those posts were not booted off. It's bad form.

Why? I'm glad I know there's a miserable sow working there, now I won't make the mistake of going in.

must admit I used to use the mad dog for there breakfast and it was quite good, but not been in for months,always go to archers now when in town and want a English.i don't need staff to be nice to me, I just want good food,though I must admit the staff at gecko bar are really nice and friendly and owner a nice guy.

• Like 1

Agreed.

But you know, sometimes misogynic slander on a forum can be okay. It keeps saddos from causing a nuisance elsewhere.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Someone mentioned a hard drinking bar atmosphere....but nothing could be further from the truth.

Its just a boring tourist bar really.....nothing more....nothing less.

When you see the same people in their designated place/seat/stool for a couple of years or you go to grab a place to sit and told it's so and so's spot and he should be in any time it's a hard drinking Bar....Nothing touristy about MD....Boring with a capitol B yes....engaging/friendly/fun/interesting/entertaining = no - for one thing the way they've laid it out works against that (touristy needs the E F F I E to be/draw/keep touristy) Edited by pgrahmm

Someone mentioned a hard drinking bar atmosphere....but nothing could be further from the truth.

I guess that it's all relative. It's plainly a bar for people who get drunk everyday though perhaps they don't drink as much as you do.

Agreed.

But you know, sometimes misogynic slander on a forum can be okay. It keeps saddos from causing a nuisance elsewhere.

I'm sure the manager would get slated whether a miserable git or a miserable sow.

A friend and I did 15 large Leos last night and the bill was 687 THB. nice promo girls there, too. Not a trace of rudeness anywhere, nor canned baked beans, or hot dogs. Up to you.

I'll keep that in mind next time I want to drink dog wee with the cheap charlies.

wink.png

There you guys go again! Rampant hyperbole. Hard drinking! Look at the pace as a

CHEERS atmosphere. Same guys, same stools,some happy,some not.

Where I come from they called REGULARS. REGULARS are good when you're in business. REGULARS pay your BILLS!!!

Had this the other night. Chicken parm sando:

post-201088-14264205670157_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There you guys go again! Rampant hyperbole. Hard drinking! Look at the pace as a

CHEERS atmosphere. Same guys, same stools,some happy,some not.

Where I come from they called REGULARS. REGULARS are good when you're in business. REGULARS pay your BILLS!!!

Had this the other night. Chicken parm sando:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1426420564.614783.jpg

nice plate