MAD DOG

Farangdanny

There you guys go again! Rampant hyperbole. Hard drinking! Look at the pace as a

CHEERS atmosphere. Same guys, same stools,some happy,some not.

Where I come from they called REGULARS. REGULARS are good when you're in business. REGULARS pay your BILLS!!!

Had this the other night. Chicken parm sando:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1426420564.614783.jpg

Looks very unappetising.

A friend and I did 15 large Leos last night and the bill was 687 THB. nice promo girls there, too. Not a trace of rudeness anywhere, nor canned baked beans, or hot dogs. Up to you.

I'll keep that in mind next time I want to drink dog wee with the cheap charlies.

wink.png

They were born on March 2...very acceptable; Singha is the same price. I don't believe there were in Vietcong in there, but about 80 Thais and two Americans. I was notable that many Nimman area establishments had more employees than customers at 19:00 on a Saturday night.

A friend and I did 15 large Leos last night and the bill was 687 THB. nice promo girls there, too. Not a trace of rudeness anywhere, nor canned baked beans, or hot dogs. Up to you.

I'll keep that in mind next time I want to drink dog wee with the cheap charlies.

wink.png

They were born on March 2...very acceptable; Singha is the same price. I don't believe there were in Vietcong in there, but about 80 Thais and two Americans. I was notable that many Nimman area establishments had more employees than customers at 19:00 on a Saturday night.

Umm.. Has a Maddog 2 been opened up in the trendy Nimmen area ?

Together with beer promo girls.. thought the incumbent gov had outlawed them

Anyhow will be in the 'real Maddog' 2 weeks Sunday for one of their awesome baked potatos and cold Tiger draft to watch the Malaysian GP

I go to Mad Dog sometimes, for a solid tasty breakfast, never noticed these alleged grumpy-staff or pissed-customers ?

I like the place, it's like a farang cave, where you can sit in-the-shade and watch the tourist-life go by.

The coffee's always good, too ! coffee1.gif

Must get round to trying the pizza sometime.

• Like 1

As said before the best breakfast in this area is at the Wild Boar. Fantastic staff and extremely good food.

I tried their Canadian breakfast. Excellent American style bacon and fried potatoes. The toast is made with the cheapest white bread possible, The really should upgrade it a bit.

I go to Mad Dog sometimes, for a solid tasty breakfast, never noticed these alleged grumpy-staff or pissed-customers ?

I like the place, it's like a farang cave, where you can sit in-the-shade and watch the tourist-life go by.

Well you can certainly glimpse people through the opening as they walk by. biggrin.png

Johns Place you can actually watch tourist life and other forms go by.

• Like 2

Well you can certainly glimpse people through the opening as they walk by. biggrin.png

Johns Place you can actually watch tourist life and other forms go by.

Or you can stare at the moat.

Ricardo is rite about the pizza I must stop in and try it some day. Funny it dosen't come up on pizza threads any more. Any one have an idea as to what time they would be starting the Pizza?

Pizza served from 10am to 11 pm.

It doesn't come up on pizza threads because:

It has gotten a lot better the past year and YUZ GUYS are are convinced Duke's can walk on water. Get out and try some new places. Did ya ever think a place has been around so long because they're doing most things right whether it be MD

or some other places including thai establishments.

I bet there's quite a few going to try Mad Dog after reading this thread.

Reckon Nick is gutted.

All the way to the bank.w00t.gif

I think you are right. It's more than 10 years since I have been to Mad Dogs but I have decided that's where I am going for my next pizza. Not bothered about the staff I just want to enjoy the pizza. Mad Dogs was off my radar until this thread came up. If I like the pizza I will be going again.

enjoy your pizza. im staying home with my crackers and cheese.

Reckon Nick is gutted.

I think you are right. It's more than 10 years since I have been to Mad Dogs but I have decided that's where I am going for my next pizza. Not bothered about the staff I just want to enjoy the pizza. Mad Dogs was off my radar until this thread came up. If I like the pizza I will be going again.

....and listening to music from The Cheesecracker Suite.

Reckon Nick is gutted.

I actually had a pizza at Riverside last week. The base was very light and crispy, almost cracker like. A bit like toast that has been toasted too long, all crunch and powder in your mouth as you eat. I would rate it as average ok nothing special. If someone likes the super crispy base though they may rate the pizza higher.

re

Pizza served from 10am to 11 pm

above the door it says ferang menu served ( probably including

pizza ) from 8 to 11 smile.png

dave2

i got the impression they dont want to serve any food before 9am

It's open from 8am for the beer, silly. wink.png

• Like 2

It has gotten a lot better the past year and YUZ GUYS are are convinced Duke's can walk on water. Get out and try some new places. Did ya ever think a place has been around so long because they're doing most things right whether it be MD

Thanks for the times of operation.

You should read the Pizza threads there are lot's of other places mentioned.

If it is so good why had you not mentioned it?

I will definitely give it a try.

Edited by northernjohn

If you drive parking is a problem....that's what made my last try there difficult....walked my family of 4 about a kilometer promising them good pizza at about 6:30 only to find the tables that seat 4 occupied by no more than 2 - some with 1 nursing drinks....not one food plate brought out in 20 minutes....they had the long walk back to the car then really just wanted to go back home - no place else to eat - not very often I feel like I've let anyone in my family down - but I did that night...

If you drive parking is a problem....that's what made my last try there difficult....walked my family of 4 about a kilometer promising them good pizza at about 6:30 only to find the tables that seat 4 occupied by no more than 2 - some with 1 nursing drinks....not one food plate brought out in 20 minutes....they had the long walk back to the car then really just wanted to go back home - no place else to eat - not very often I feel like I've let anyone in my family down - but I did that night...

What a tragedy. You could have dropped then off, and parked yourself, while they waited for a table, There are restaurants in the DK Books shopping center across the moat with good parking, along with another 60 restaurants within a 1 km radius. It seems like many on this forum insist on making simple things difficult.
No...we were in town for a different purpose and were already parked...

Yeah - there are other places around there - but not what they wanted.....I won't take them to the Lk area where Mike's is....

Thanks for your uplifting response and opinion.....

It's what keeps TV interesting.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Since 80% of the outside signage is for Pizza - farang food....maybe they should rename it Mad Dog BAR "it is what it is, and that's it - if you don't like it tough" and take all the food signs down = explains the environment and "clients" perfectly.....as our finely provided example above - they are what they are...

What a laughable comment.

The pizza at Mad Dog is third division at best and that is taking into account many won't know what I mean by Vauxhall Conference.

Duke's is up there in the Premiership.

Classically brainless posting....are you the owner??

• Like 1

The pizza at Mad Dog is third division at best and that is taking into account many won't know what I mean by Vauxhall Conference.

Having a different idea about what tastes good has nothing to do with brains, whereas accusing someone of being the owner of a place just because they like it is all about brains, or rather the lack thereof.

Having a different idea about what tastes good has nothing to do with brains, whereas accusing someone of being the owner of a place just because they like it is all about brains, or rather the lack thereof.

In this case its not a different idea....its night and day.

Smokie36

An Englishman comments on pizza! Only YOU would make a football analogy. This, from a country that takes pride in "beans on toast" and puts A-1 sauce on EVERYTHING. oh, I mustn't forget all the other heart clogging cholesterol laden delicacies that adorn the English menu. Precious!