Can anyone recommend a Hua Hin lawyer?

Michaelaway

A lawyer will typically charge HB 20,000 to assist with house purchase. If your buying through an agent they will do everything the lawyer does at no cost to you. If buying privately its still relatively easy. Providing you check the boundries, the land office will not allow transfer if any loans etc are recorded so you are safe in the knowledge the purchase is clean.

A lawyer will typically charge HB 20,000 to assist with house purchase. If your buying through an agent they will do everything the lawyer does at no cost to you. If buying privately its still relatively easy. Providing you check the boundries, the land office will not allow transfer if any loans etc are recorded so you are safe in the knowledge the purchase is clean.

Please give the names of any lawyers in Hua Hin who can see us through the house buying process for 20,000 baht; I will go to see them immediately. The quote we got from Chavalit & Partners was much higher. Many thanks!

You don't need a lawyer to buy a house, a Notary can do all the paperwork. I used one to sell my condo and buy a house. She has excellent contacts at the land office also. I think the price to do the paperwork to buy a house was around 15,000 - 20,000 Baht but it was nearly 2 years ago. Message me if you require her details.

Hi PP,

I'd like to know of any agents that cover all the work of a lawyer (contracts, due diligence, land office visits, etc - especially if at no extra cost smile.png ) if you can recommend any?

Cheers,

TD

We do but are the wrong side of the water. I would expect Knight Frank and Century 21 to guide buyers through the process offering all the above, that's what agents get paid for, along with marketing etc.....all agents should however it is evident that many do not through either laziness or lack of experience...Before listing properties DD should be carried out by the agent but again some do not.

http://www.legalserviceshuahin.com/

I have known Mod for years, very honest and will do the job you want with no fuss,

Don't know what the price will be but nothing wrong in asking

She is based at one of the units at Makro

I also heard of someone who operates from one of the units around Makro - a few months ago - his name escapes me; a falang who reportedly speaks English - might be the same outfit.

http://www.legalserviceshuahin.com/

I have known Mod for years, very honest and will do the job you want with no fuss,

Don't know what the price will be but nothing wrong in asking

She is based at one of the units at Makro

I also heard of someone who operates from one of the units around Makro - a few months ago - his name escapes me; a falang who reportedly speaks English - might be the same outfit.

Could be David, Mod's partner

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Be careful with you you pay your money too, some are paid huge amounts, in the belief that they are top notch lawyers, English and therefore must be the answer, rather than taking a dodgy Thai. Well be prepared for a shock, when you discover that the English Lady(guess who) is charging 65000bht for her services and is not a practising lawyer but a Business Consultant and only has a Law Degree. So as l have said by paying more does not mean that you are getting the best, research and a good review or reccomendation from people who have previously used them is usually the way to go. Average price that you should look at 15000-20000 bht.....................

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Many thanks to YorkshireTyke and 2 others who recommended Khun Tae the Notary, here in Hua Hin.

In the end, we hired Khun Tae to represent us and see us through the process of buying our house as well as drawing up, translating and filing 2 other legal documents at the Land Office. She is a Notary, not a lawyer, but has quite a lot of experience helping clients through many (most?) legal processes. This was evidenced by the fact that both times we went to the Land Office with Khun Tae, she was fully prepared and effective. All the staff there know her and handled themselves with smiles, polite talk and respect for her and us, too. The seller of the house was actually quite difficult throughout most of the process, even frustrating her own selling agent and the L.O. staff, but after a while Khun Tae smiled, took the lady aside and talked things over with her politely, yet firmly. Soon, everything was signed, sealed & delivered.

Her charges were 15,000 baht- she did everything we needed her to do properly & efficiently and always took the time to explain anything either of us needed to know. Her English is excellent and we were completely satisfied with her professionalism and effectiveness; a rare, rare accolade around these parts. Khun Tae, highly recommended- 0840738444.

Possibly look at similar circumstances soon, so to me this is what this forum is all about, good information sharing.

(A refreshing change from our amateur sleuths and part time politicians)

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

Many thanks to YorkshireTyke and 2 others who recommended Khun Tae the Notary, here in Hua Hin.

In the end, we hired Khun Tae to represent us and see us through the process of buying our house as well as drawing up, translating and filing 2 other legal documents at the Land Office. She is a Notary, not a lawyer, but has quite a lot of experience helping clients through many (most?) legal processes. This was evidenced by the fact that both times we went to the Land Office with Khun Tae, she was fully prepared and effective. All the staff there know her and handled themselves with smiles, polite talk and respect for her and us, too. The seller of the house was actually quite difficult throughout most of the process, even frustrating her own selling agent and the L.O. staff, but after a while Khun Tae smiled, took the lady aside and talked things over with her politely, yet firmly. Soon, everything was signed, sealed & delivered.

Her charges were 15,000 baht- she did everything we needed her to do properly & efficiently and always took the time to explain anything either of us needed to know. Her English is excellent and we were completely satisfied with her professionalism and effectiveness; a rare, rare accolade around these parts. Khun Tae, highly recommended- 0840738444.

That's a bit strange. You can't be a "notary" in Thailand without being a licensed lawyer.

But if she did what you needed that's all that matters.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

That's a bit strange. You can't be a "notary" in Thailand without being a licensed lawyer.

Until something goes wrong its all good.

We used Jane Haddow. She is very thorough and did a great job!

UPDATE:

Same applies except you pay 4 or 5 times more.

UPDATE:

Same applies except you pay 4 or 5 times more.

The OP clearly asked for a Lawyer yet you recommend someone who is not.

Ermmmm, so did you. whistling.gif

However, the OP asked for a lawyer to buy a house. I pointed out he does not need a lawyer, there are alternatives. He was satisfied with the outcome.

You were also satisfied with the outcome of your transactions and you never used a lawyer, you just paid Farang lawyer rates. biggrin.png

Ermmmm, so did you. whistling.gif

However, the OP asked for a lawyer to buy a house. I pointed out he does not need a lawyer, there are alternatives. He was satisfied with the outcome.

You were also satisfied with the outcome of your transactions and you never used a lawyer, you just paid Farang lawyer rates. biggrin.png

Should I be paying a Farang working for a legal practice thai rates?? whistling.gif

I like to remember a phrase, pay peanuts you get....? biggrin.png

Should I be paying a Farang working for a legal practice thai rates?? whistling.gif

If they are working in Thailand then yes, probably. Most professionals get paid less here than in their home country, mainly due to the cost of living. Most Farang here do not expect to pay the same rate for a service here as they pay in their home country.

I like to remember a phrase, pay peanuts you get....? biggrin.png

Yes, a good phrase, and would have been appropriate had customers posted the service they received was rubbish and unprofessional whereas the opposite occurred. A better phrase would be Value For Money. biggrin.png

Edited by YorkshireTyke