Are there any Farang living in SanPatong or a little south of there?

sunoco27

Best way is to actually go there and check out places. Not many housing developments there so you'd be looking at getting a regular house somewhere.

As for quiet, you can find places in rural villages without much traffic, but villages can also be incredibly noisy.. chickens.. dogs.. the village head man dude on his speakers.. Of course noise of that type bothers some people less than cars and airplanes.

Actually my mom in law's house is in a village near Sanpatong and is available. Needs work though, and pretty standard size. Sort of in between the 108 and the Canal Road, very rural.

Anyway if you talk to people you'll likely come up with some places.

Also I'm actually somewhat interested in someone building their own house (in wood, in a way that can be taken apart and moved if needed) on pretty scenic land that we lease out. Something like a free of charge long term lease, and we pay the person building the structure (and living in it) over time to purchase it. Not a luxury home of course, thinking more like a wooden cottage that stays South of a million baht or so in labor and materials. (Probably too complicated though; I guess I can just find a bank or let the Mrs. sell some land elsewhere. smile.png )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Best way is to actually go there and check out places. Not many housing developments there so you'd be looking at getting a regular house somewhere.

As for quiet, you can find places in rural villages without much traffic, but villages can also be incredibly noisy.. chickens.. dogs.. the village head man dude on his speakers.. Of course noise of that type bothers some people less than cars and airplanes.

Actually my mom in law's house is in a village near Sanpatong and is available. Needs work though, and pretty standard size. Sort of in between the 108 and the Canal Road, very rural.

Anyway if you talk to people you'll likely come up with some places.

Also I'm actually somewhat interested in someone building their own house (in wood, in a way that can be taken apart and moved if needed) on pretty scenic land that we lease out. Something like a free of charge long term lease, and we pay the person building the structure (and living in it) over time to purchase it. Not a luxury home of course, thinking more like a wooden cottage that stays South of a million baht or so in labor and materials. (Probably too complicated though; I guess I can just find a bank or let the Mrs. sell some land elsewhere. smile.png )

As Wk said, you need to go there and check. I know for a fact that there are quite a few in the area but very few on this forum.

Edited by khwaibah