Ice Cream

beau thai

Make your own banana ice cream in a liquidizer.

Peel banana, cut into coins, freeze overnight.

Next morning put in liquidizer and blend until a smooth cream/foam.

Back in the freezer for an hour or two.

Out comes a light and fluffy banana ice cream.

Totally Vegan, nothing but banana.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Those rat bast@#$! ......sure do make some pretty good ice cream though.

Anyways......I want to make homemade ice cream...maybe have it for sale in my wifes place...a small out of the way steak and burger deal....what the best machine to buy with a budget of 30k....and where? Thanks

Hagen Das is from New Jersey........ never k ew that.

"There ain’t no Häagen, there ain’t no Dazs,

There ain’t no Frusen, there ain’t no Glädj’

There ain’t nobody named Steve at Steve’s,

But there’s two real guys at Ben & Jerry’s."

(Until they sold out to Unilever.)

• 1 year later...

Janie Scoop on Nimanhaemin Lane/Soi.5 has really good ice cream.

You been there lately?? Went to their old venue further down Nimman with friends a few weeks back. Outside was a very large posh map showing their new location in Soi 5 as you said. Traipsed up there to find it closed Saturday afternoon, and it looked permanently closed. the quest continues....

Yes. I was there around the 18th of February. They have a facebook page with a phone number. I have found it closed before, but there was a note saying that they were going to open later that day. I am not in Thailand now so I won't have the opportunity to check on that. Sorry.

Just fyi... I just had an ice cream at Janie Scoop. So it is opened... We had chocolate and passion fruit flavors and it was much needed in this heat!

Try Johoney, just round the corner from Love at First Bite. Haven't been for quite a while but hope the young couple owners are still making their own ice cream. Google the name to find their Facebook page for more info and example flavours. Not expensive, I seem to remember.

Many thanks for that. Just back from my first visit to Love at First Bite.

We liked their food although mostly western but very good, and priced at about 150 for a main so not cheap by Chiang Mai standards. But their garden is a very tranquil oasis and a great place to while away some time flicking through their many mags.

AND they make home made ice cream! Great flavours-my coffee ice cream very good and my gf's Passion Fruit ice cream was very tasty. They let me try the salted caramel(!) didnt taste salt but good flavour, and the Ma Kiang that was a bit like raspberry. Marked at 70 for a big scoop, but only charged 60.

Didnt want a coffee but they have a very big coffee machine, and it smelled very good, so next time.....

Not so far from where we live and good to add to our 'GoTo' list. Near Rimping Village/Iron Bridge if that helps others to track it down.

Directions are easy.

Once you cross the Narrowt bridge coming from the old city turn right and take the first left. Love at First Bite.is down towards there on the right hand side. It even has a parking lot next door. Great pastries there. I am going to have to make a trip over there to check out the ice cream shop.

A friend of mine introduced me to an ice cream vendor in the food court on the ground floor at the airport mall by the fish tank I was shocked at the price 25 baht and three flavors. Not a connoisseur of fine ice cream but I thought it was really good.

post-114384-0-43121200-1459044327_thumb.

This is how you do it....

Go to Makro & get the Nestle 3.6K box for 320B......Grab some chocolate chips & white combo chips....Then go find the Butter Scotch & Chocolate syrup.....Stop by the nuts/seed/beans area and get some shelled peanuts to roast .......

You are now ready for about 2 months of ice cream sundaes.....With plenty to share with visitors.....

The wife & kids also like a scoop on bread? Haven't tried that yet myself....

When I first started getting them they'd go pretty quickly....Now since it's here all the time it's pretty much forgotten about and lasts 6 weeks to 3 months.....

10 baht at the various markets near home.

I always get one.

But its curious, lucky if there is ever more than 1 vendor that sells icecream.

I wonder how one would go selling chilli icecream to the thais

Our idea of chilli is different from theirs....

My wife bought some things that are like a big folded ice cream cone with flavors burried in the folds.....

She got chilli for me - I had to ask what it was....I looked at their's - chocolate & strawberry.....Told her next time chocolate or strawberry for me too.....

They all broke pieces off of their's & shared them with me = much better....

IMG_20160327_083403.jpg

This is how you do it....

Go to Makro & get the Nestle 3.6K box for 320B......Grab some chocolate chips & white combo chips....Then go find the Butter Scotch & Chocolate syrup.....Stop by the nuts/seed/beans area and get some shelled peanuts to roast .......

You are now ready for about 2 months of ice cream sundaes.....With plenty to share with visitors.....

The wife & kids also like a scoop on bread? Haven't tried that yet myself....

When I first started getting them they'd go pretty quickly....Now since it's here all the time it's pretty much forgotten about and lasts 6 weeks to 3 months.....

Actually - under the ice cream are little frozen baggies of fruit smoothies my wife makes....Refreshing & healthier on hot days.....

Also a good (better choice).....

In the old city on the street where charoen optical is at wat prah singh--small shop with a young couple who have a laboratory and make their own ice cream

I just had some mint chocolate chip and a scoop of CHEESE ice cream which was fabulous

there is a newish place - open about 6 months now. i forget the name but it is directly behind the rear enterence to Big C Super Highway - can't miss it. very good home-made ice cream. not a large amount of flavors - probably about 10??? they have many fruit flavors and also have cheese ice cream (which I haven't tried). 25 Baht per large scoop, each scoop served in its own dish, which i like. very good quality ice cream. they seem to do a very good trade. they have soda drinks, ice teas and the like...

In the old city on the street where charoen optical is at wat prah singh--small shop with a young couple who have a laboratory and make their own ice cream

I just had some mint chocolate chip and a scoop of CHEESE ice cream which was fabulous

Mmmm... Cheeeese...