1000 baht a day

Badman22

If your accommodation and flights are sorted, why are you asking if you can live on a 1000Baht?

Either you can or not, you have to do it, through thick and thin.

Not much of a holiday, if you ask my opinion but everybody's standards and requirements are different.

Enjoy your holiday and when you back tell us how did you manage.

lol ..... geeeezzee , 1000 baht , I spend half that at breakfast ..

I fly into Bangkok a couple of times a month and usually stay at the VIP suite in either the Marriot or the Sheraton, depending on which is available.

I budget around 4,000 baht a day spending money, which seems to be adequate as I usually only have a few hundred baht left at the end of each day.

I suppose you could survive on 1,000, but not me ....

I like my lobster every now and then ..... coffee1.gif

If your accommodation is all paid and the 1,000 is just to spend, then yep you can do it. Although it won't be a whale of a time. 1,000 baht a day isn't exactly "two week millionaire" territory.

Here's your day:

Breakfast 100

Lunch 50

Dinner 150

Massage 200

Beers x 5 (at a beer bar) 250

Baht Bus x 3 30

Tips 80

Coffee x 3 140

Bar Fines - Nil

JD Coke - Nil

Lady drinks - Nil

GoGo bar thrills and spills - Nil

Have a happy holiday. whistling.gif

You know the last four items aren't an essential part of everyone's holiday, right?

Sure, 1000 a day is doable. As long as you're happy to eat local food, avoid fancy overpriced bars, and aren't here for the women, you could have a pretty good time.

food,massage,few beers

"and aren't here for the women"

one suspects that is the exact reason the OP is here,

Ergo you have given him great advice THB 1000 is not enough

whistling.gif

If your accommodation is all paid and the 1,000 is just to spend, then yep you can do it. Although it won't be a whale of a time. 1,000 baht a day isn't exactly "two week millionaire" territory.

Here's your day:

Breakfast 100

Lunch 50

Dinner 150

Massage 200

Baht Bus x 3 30

Tips 80

Coffee x 3 140

Bar Fines - Nil

JD Coke - Nil

Lady drinks - Nil

You know the last four items aren't an essential part of everyone's holiday, right?

Sure, 1000 a day is doable. As long as you're happy to eat local food, avoid fancy overpriced bars, and aren't here for the women, you could have a pretty good time.

food,massage,few beers

whistling.gif

Why does him saying 'food, massage, few beers' make you think he's here for the women?

Not all massages lead to a happy ending.

Well I live here in Thailand and I spend with TWO people an average of 500 Baht per day for food and drink. We drink occasionally some whine or Thai wiskey with Soda. We eat often in home, but when we go for lunch or diner, we hardly spend more then 200 Baht (together) for nice, tasty (Thai) food.

So yes, it is possible.

If I would be on my own I think I would spend less, since I don't wasting my money on bars and booz. But enjoy walks, swimming etc. It all depends on your lifestyle.

Of course, bargirls and everything included makes life more expensive.

But if you limit yourself to a weekend of spending and live 5 days a "normal" life.. it should be possible.

ah so starts the newest "I can spend less than you thread" just need a sin sot thread to complete the set

• Like 1

I would say it's pretty easy to do. When i first worked here i lived on half that ( accomodation was paid for). So i just bought food and cheap whisky ( when i wanted a drink). I occasionally spent less than 500Baht per day. As long as you stay away from bars (and girls) it is possible.

P.S If you are really here for the girls ( and your OP makes me suspect that you are) then maybe 10,000Baht a day is probably nearer the mark, have fun

Edited by lucifer666

Well if you have to count your money when on holiday in reality you shouldn't go. However you could possibly find a way to augment your meager finances!!.clap2.gifgerman-5.jpg

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

Here's your day:

Breakfast 100

Lunch 50

Dinner 150

Massage 200

Baht Bus x 3 30

Tips 80

Coffee x 3 140

Bar Fines - Nil

JD Coke - Nil

Lady drinks - Nil

food,massage,few beers

whistling.gif

Why does him saying 'food, massage, few beers' make you think he's here for the women?

Er because its the second thing on his list, one doesn't travel thousands of miles on holiday and one of the top priorities is get a "massage" closely followed by a few beers rolleyes.gif

One suspects happy endings is exactly what the OP has in mind whistling.gif

• Like 2

Well if you have to count your money when on holiday in reality you shouldn't go. However you could possibly find a way to augment your meager finances!!.clap2.gifgerman-5.jpg

This guy has recently been pictured in the Phillipines, so for a skint, bankrupt, poor beggar, he certainly earns some Air Miles

Extended stay in thailand

2015-03-06 12:50:54

Hi guys , march 28th I leave for Bangkok ! My first 10 days will be spent between Bangkok and samui I am then heading to Phuket ( rawai ) sinbi Muay Thai to train for as long as I can !! With accomodation sorted I have budgeted $80 aud a day is this enough ? I would like to be able to go out once a week too

So Badman22 . What is your real agenda cos you do seem a trifle confused as to what your aims are.

Er because its the second thing on his list, one doesn't travel thousands of miles on holiday and one of the top priorities is get a "massage" closely followed by a few beers rolleyes.gif

One suspects happy endings is exactly what the OP has in mind whistling.gif

Most people I know that come here enjoy a few massages during their stay - and they're certainly not sex tourists. Cheap massages and the novelty of Thai massage make them very popular with tourists.

People go on holiday to relax, after all.

Methinks that the O.P may well be of ancient Scandinavian origin who lived and may still under bridges and preyed and still preys upon innocent passers by in forumswhistling.gif .

• Like 2