'TOP GEAR' host Jeremy Clarkson suspended

webfact

230,000 people have signed an on-line petition demanding his reinstatement according to BBC news.

Could be expensive if they force him out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10808089/Jeremy-Clarkson-could-get-two-pay-offs-if-forced-out-of-BBC-over-Top-Gear-gaffe.html

Pissing off the politically correct progressive hierarchy means they would no doubt be glad to burn up license fee revenue in order to be shot of him. Now had he never said a word out of place but be accused of kiddy fiddling they would have circled the wagons in double quick time.
  • Like 1

May is boring, look at man lab

Hammond is like a child,

Clarkson makes the show, why does it do so well compared to fifth gear

Because woman can't drive?

5th gear would be a bit more interesting if Vicky Butler Whatever.... got her breasts out once in while, topless track day I say.. other than something like that.... 5th Gear is a bore...

• Like 1

230,000 people have signed an on-line petition demanding his reinstatement according to BBC news.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10808089/Jeremy-Clarkson-could-get-two-pay-offs-if-forced-out-of-BBC-over-Top-Gear-gaffe.html

Doubt they will ever have to pay him a penny, punching a producer I am sure they will have a gross misconduct clause in their contract.

As for the petition (over 300,000 now), I would like to set up a counter petition (sure I would get more signatures) "that he should be stripped naked and shoved in a box full of fire ants", no need to film it, just a live audio feed to Radio 4 (after the watershed).tongue.png

Doubt they will ever have to pay him a penny, punching a producer I am sure they will have a gross misconduct clause in their contract.

As for the petition (over 300,000 now), I would like to set up a counter petition (sure I would get more signatures) "that he should be stripped naked and shoved in a box full of fire ants", no need to film it, just a live audio feed to Radio 4 (after the watershed).tongue.png

News at 6 PM BBC say allegedly threw a punch. No mention of it landing.

What's the difference???

If he he intended to land the punch, then sack him...

If he hit the producer, then it should be a police matter.

If he was just threatening the producer, then just maybe reinstate him with a final final warning... but I would not.

There is no show without Clarkson. apart from the fact he owns a big part of it, there is no way it could continue without him.

However, there are many who say that this series is boring, lackluster and the presenters seem disinterested.

It may already have " jumped the shark" and this latest problem will be the end of it.

No he doesn't: "Although the BBC owns the format of Top Gear after buying the rights in 2012 from Clarkson and his executive producer Andy Wilman, Clarkson is the undoubted star and it is unclear whether Hammond and May would carry on without him if he were to be sacked."

I think that is the end of Top Gear

True; he flogged it and bought a nice penthouse in London to go with the Oxfordshire manor house. So can't see him moving back to Donny any time soon as the competition will snap him up!

He has grown into his Acting part as being a smart ass loud mouth ,

I LOVE it , just because the PC Patrol watch every word he says, on and off the show .

If he is booted Top Gear is over, look how bad the Australian and USA versions are

Keep him and do a whole show, with him sitting in a chair , duct taped to it and tape across his mouth,

then in a fast car with Stig , duct taped to the front seat , and on and on.......it will be the top rated TOP Gear ever

What's the difference???

If he was just threatening the producer, then just maybe reinstate him with a final final warning... but I would not.

Apparently there other stations saying please sack him as they want to grab him and the 35 mil he generates

It Might be a publicity stunt to prop up Jeremy's irreverent image.

Top Gear would be very different without him.

I,ve more or less stopped watching Top Gear. The show is getting to be a joke and Clarkson is a plank.

It was interesting the other day. Clarksons idea of testing the Corvette was to smoke the tyres for 10 minutes

and declare that it was quick. The Stig did a timed lap and there was no smoke AND he was driving far faster

than Clarkson.

As for Top Gear as a program. Fine to show the Porsche, Ferrari etc but most of us cannot hope to ever own any of these

sooooo they need to test some more affordable cars without Clarkson taking the pee.

What's the difference???

Clarkson is a self centered plank I'm sure the BBC could produce a better motoring show

Like him or not, where is the time when throwing a punch was the way disputes were settled between men? Now it is police police lawyer, court case etc etc...sad. As far as I know, nobody was severely hurt or killed. These days we have to weigh every word we say, every action we take. Follow anybody sll day during 10years and you will find something...we are not born and raised in the same way, some of us have a rough edge. We can't all be pussies can we?

• Like 2