'TOP GEAR' host Jeremy Clarkson suspended

webfact

BBC suspends 'Top Gear' host Jeremy Clarkson

LONDON (AP) — The BBC said Tuesday it has suspended "Top Gear" host Jeremy Clarkson following a "fracas" with a producer.

The popular TV presenter was suspended pending an investigation, the broadcaster said, without providing details.

Clarkson, who has been in trouble before for behavior and remarks deemed offensive and provocative, was given a so-called final warning last year following a racism row.

At the time, Clarkson said he avoided using a racist word while reciting a well-known nursery rhyme while filming the car show, but begged forgiveness from audiences after admitting that "it sounds like I did."

The BBC said the program will not be broadcast on Sunday.

In October, Argentina's ambassador to Britain demanded an apology from the BBC after the "Top Gear" crew faced violent protests for allegedly referencing the country's 1982 war with Britain over the disputed Falkland Islands. The crew was forced to flee the country

In 2011, the BBC apologized to Mexico after Clarkson and his co-hosts characterized Mexicans as lazy and oafish.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-03-11

It Might be a publicity stunt to prop up Jeremy's irreverent image.

Top Gear would be very different without him.

I doubt that, the BBC have announced that they will not be showing the next two episodes of this series and the third and final show may also be cancelled.

For Auntie Beeb to cancel a top rating show is quite a big thing.

They now have to find something at very short notice that will fill the spot and not lose them too much of the ratings pie.

It Might be a publicity stunt to prop up Jeremy's irreverent image.

Top Gear would be very different without him.

I doubt that, the BBC have announced that they will not be showing the next two episodes of this series and the third and final show may also be cancelled.

For Auntie Beeb to cancel a top rating show is quite a big thing.

They now have to find something at very short notice that will fill the spot and not lose them too much of the ratings pie.

Soon there will be apologies all around, hugs and kisses and the show will continue,

as the show MUST go on.... TG is too a hot potato to drop it to be picked up by a rival

stations....

This is the Beebs biggest money earner, to say nothing of the massive budget it gets. It's syndicated to more countries than any other show. Clarkson "is" Top Gear.thumbsup.gif

He's getting old, though, and the format is looking increasingly tired. He might be about to find out he's no longer as untouchable as he once was.

There is no show without Clarkson. apart from the fact he owns a big part of it, there is no way it could continue without him.

However, there are many who say that this series is boring, lackluster and the presenters seem disinterested.

It may already have " jumped the shark" and this latest problem will be the end of it.

Edited by Old Croc

My son, who is 48, loves Top Gear. I tried to watch it on two occasions and frankly I got the impression it was all about JC and others racing around in cars, that the ordinary man could not afford, going Wheeeee! as they executed a controlled skid.

Maybe that's the attraction of the programme.

By the way, my mom used to say that you shouldn't wear jeans when you were over 40!.

You can see from this I'm an old dodo

I expect its all a publicity stunt and a way to let TG catch its breath? They were still shooting this longer series as the season was running. Anyone notice in last two episodes JC doesn't sign off saying "see you next week" as he normally does? Probably isn't sure if he'll be ready or not!