Finasteride - Proscar in Pattaya - Where to buy?

Wrong Turn

I did a search and the results were not specific answers to my question.

I've bought Proscar in Bangkok years ago.

In Pattaya, is it easy to find Propecia/Finasteride from a top brand (not generic)?

Most pharmacies, or only some? Any pharmacies have it in Pattaya.

Thanks in advance.

Finasteride is on a list of "Essential Drugs and Medicines" for Thailand.

So it will be available even from the GPO in all government hospitals.

If you live in Pattaya I assume that you have asked at the usual reference pharmacy ("Fascino")?

Maybe someone can give details for the exact location.

I am uncertainm is it on North Pattaya road?

Your problem is prostate related I assume, I went through the Poscar medication program, but it did nothing for my prostate, it did however, sap my libido, the only positive side effect was it made my hair grow! So about 4 years ago I bit the bullet, and went to the source of the problem by undergoing a TURP operation. This was carried out by Doctor Jesada in Bangkok Pattaya hospital, I can recommend him without hesitation, I can now sleep well without having to wake up every few hours to go to the toilet.

• Like 1

Your problem is prostate related I assume, I went through the Poscar medication program, but it did nothing for my prostate, it did however, sap my libido, the only positive side effect was it made my hair grow! So about 4 years ago I bit the bullet, and went to the source of the problem by undergoing a TURP operation. This was carried out by Doctor Jesada in Bangkok Pattaya hospital, I can recommend him without hesitation, I can now sleep well without having to wake up every few hours to go to the toilet.

fosseway,

I did not clarify in my OP.

I take Finasteride for the Hair. I have been taking finasteride since 1998.

I grew up with a thick head of hair, but at the age of 25 in 1995, I started shedding like a dog. I was going bald. It was rapid.

I even grew my hair long and slicked it back to cover the thinning.

I took blood tests, tried this and tried that.

Then my doctor told me about this new then (then) called finasteride.

I started taking 1 MG per day, and after 4-5 months my hair grew back and thickened.

Since I moved to South East Asia, instead of getting the more expensive US prescription - I buy Proscar 5 MG tablets (for the prostrate) and cut the 5 mg pill into 5 pieces to about 1 MG per day - it's waaayyy cheaper.

Studies conducted since about 2007-8 have suggested that even less than 1 MG per day works.

I take it for my hair. I now have a thick head of hair again.

Cheers.

Thanks for your reply Wrong Turn, I have used Minoxidil for maintaining my hair growth for many years, it's not successful in every case, but works well for me without the "Side effects of Proscar"

Thanks for your reply Wrong Turn, I have used Minoxidil for maintaining my hair growth for many years, it's not successful in every case, but works well for me without the "Side effects of Proscar"

Yes, it does not look like, as the result of studies that a certain percentage of men lose a significant portion of their libido, expecially at the 5 mg dosage.

That is something to consider.

Mine may have lessened over time b/c of the 1 mg per day. It's hard to say, as I'm middle-aged and maybe my T-levels were low or something.