103 FM off air?

SidJames

What happens?. Do the men with tape recorders have to examine all the content during the short temporary licence.?

Not being flippant, but why the probation? coffee1.gif

Unfortunately I missed the start of Tommy Dee's explanation around 11/11.30 this morning (so was not sure exactly what he was getting at) but from what I gathered they had to jump through hoops (including moving the station) to comply with the new regs. and had a certain amount of time to do so. They ran out of time and thought they could get an extension - but the extension facility was cancelled last month so now they have to wait for a final decision based on all their submissions which could take anything from a few weeks to a few months - and as KK said they mentioned it affects all stations not just them.

I only knew for sure it was off when I got back in the car later this afternoon and had only static sad.png

PS - sorry Tommy if I paraphrased any of that wrongly......wai.gif

I would luv to see a morning time

Talk back radio station here.

Now, I'm not trying to be smart....but do you mean, you'd like to HEAR a Talk-back Radio Station here?

If so, I understand there are a couple but as one might expect, they broadcast in the THAI language.

For the last 25 years I have seen many, well several, radio stations comes and go never lasting

more than anywhere form 1 year to a few years, I guess that's because it never proved to be

commercially viable to the operators... money talks, radio stations walks...

I would luv to see a morning time

Talk back radio station here.

Now, I'm not trying to be smart....but do you mean, you'd like to HEAR a Talk-back Radio Station here?

YES..i miss Talk back radio where callers ring up and talk about the issues of tje day or whatever.

Could be good for Pattaya..say 10am to 2pm weekdays or night time with a shock jock.

Yep. It's a waste of time having a radio here.

All those posters who said 'martial law has absolutely no effect on me". We had no problems before.

I understand it's to do with licences and the renewal of such. I hate to think what has to be 'agreed' by the radio station to obtain, and retain, a licence.

You can see how cynical I have become. sad.png

• Like 1

This is only temporarily , they will be back on FM soon.

In the meantime use your smart phone in the car and listen to them online. Unless you love Thai pop.

Edited by balo

This is only temporarily , they will be back on FM soon.

In the meantime use your smart phone in the car and listen to them online. Unless you love Thai pop.

Can use your smartphone of course listen it via bluetooth in your car but I will choose of course a different radiostation as the choices are unlimited online. One of the good things was you could listen it via FM radio, that was for me actually the only advantage :-)

• Like 1

Today 96 FM also off air, what is going on here?

Even when these two stations were transmitting, unlike the Thai stations , they were very difficult to tune because of interference from the Thai stations.

Its pretty obvious whats been and is going on here.

Anyone else missing John and Wan shopping at Big C then?

Internet radio is the way to go. If you have an unlimited data package and a smartphone, that's pretty much it. If you can afford a car with native Bluetooth, you can afford the package.

Internet radio is the way to go. If you have an unlimited data package and a smartphone, that's pretty much it. If you can afford a car with native Bluetooth, you can afford the package.

No. Those particular adds make me almost scream! They make Big C sound like heaven and so inexpensive she doesn't have to work!!!

You're obviously a tech guy. But I want to hear the radio in the kitchen and other rooms why I'm pottering about.

I've posted before about that ad on BBC, but it's worth re-hashing.

The BBC presenter, referring to 7 day catch up ..."We intend to let people watch TV on their tellies"

Alan Sugar..."that is the most ridiculous business plan I've ever heard"

Thought that was good as an old codger.

No. Those particular adds make me almost scream! They make Big C sound like heaven and so inexpensive she doesn't have to work!!!

You're obviously a tech guy. But I want to hear the radio in the kitchen and other rooms why I'm pottering about.

The BBC presenter, referring to 7 day catch up ..."We intend to let people watch TV on their tellies"

Does your 'wireless' in the kitchen need to have valves that take time to warm up while the kettle boils?

My favourite radio was a huge, heavy, 3-band Kolster-Brandes in a mahogany piece of furniture that used to sit in the kitchen. My grandad told me it was the same model that was fitted in the state rooms on Cunard's liners. I had all sorts of 'aerials' strung out over the back garden for SW, MW, LW and that new fangled VHF. Loved listening to Roy Plomley on Desert Island Discs on the Home service.

I listen to all the British, American and other radio stations I like through the internet and all over the house. All you need is a computer with a decent internet connection, wi-fi and/or a Bluetooth enabled speaker and you can even listen to 'The Archers' while you are out mowing the lawn.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Does your 'wireless' in the kitchen need to have valves that take time to warm up while the kettle boils?

My favourite radio was a huge, heavy, 3-band Kolster-Brandes in a mahogany piece of furniture that used to sit in the kitchen. My grandad told me it was the same model that was fitted in the state rooms on Cunard's liners. I had all sorts of 'aerials' strung out over the back garden for SW, MW, LW and that new fangled VHF. Loved listening to Roy Plomley on Desert Island Discs on the Home service.

I listen to all the British, American and other radio stations I like through the internet and all over the house. All you need is a computer with a decent internet connection, wi-fi and/or a Bluetooth enabled speaker and you can even listen to 'The Archers' while you are out mowing the lawn.

Nice post!. I'm a Roberts radio fan. Had it a long time. Lovely quality sound. Also have a Bose as well. That's a bit more modern!

By the way, I'm not entirely backwood. I do listen to Radio 4, via the computer in my study, on my remote headphones whilst 'pottering' around. When you live alone there's loads to do......Cheers.