Arranging Thai Marriage In Sisaket

chippy1941

Are you talking about a "Freedom to marry" affidavit from the Embassy? If so there are local places near to Wireless Road who can do the deed so it's acceptable for the Ministry of Silly Walks(Foriegn Affairs) in BKK

Sorry cannot help with a good lawyer in Sisaket but can tell you about a bad one!!!!

Edited by DILLIGAD
  • Like 1

I think you need as above, go to British Embassy in Bangkok.

I'm American but should be the same. It's been 15 years ago but you just need the form.

Translation shouldn't be a problem. I can't think of why you would need a lawyer.

• Like 1

I had to have my documents translated by an officially recognised translator, list provided by the embassy. They were all in Bangkok and near the Embassy. They sent the stuff back to us by EMS.

Keep away from lawyers as much as you can unless you want to make a prenuptial settlement, which you will need to have RELIABLY translated into English.

A friend is getting married at the local Amphur soon, they told him he didn't need a 'freedom to marry', his divorce papers were sufficient. Maybe some money went under the table, I don't know.

• Like 1

As the others have mentioned, you'll need to goto your Embassy in Bangkok to obtain proof that you're legally eligible to marry, and so you should be able to get the documents translated in Bangkok (We took our documents to a small shopping mall not far from my embassy and then picked up the translated document later the same day).

Your embassy's website should also have a checklist of documents which you'll require as well as the process which is required for you to get married which might help too.

• Like 2

My wife is a translator and interpreter and I have sent you a pm with her details in case you are interested.

HL biggrin.png

Not picking on HH but be advised that unless the translator is recognized by the MFA and these documents have to go to them for finalization your wasting your time and money. I know of quite a few individuals that have their documents refused by the MFA for this reason.

• Like 1

My wife is a translator and interpreter and I have sent you a pm with her details in case you are interested.

HL biggrin.png

Not picking on HH but be advised that unless the translator is recognized by the MFA and these documents have to go to them for finalization your wasting your time and money. I know of quite a few individuals that have their documents refused by the MFA for this reason.

You could well be right which is why I told the OP the same thing in the PM I sent him.

HL

HL biggrin.png

You could well be right which is why I told the OP the same thing in the PM I sent him.

HL

Not well be right I am right. Sorry if that sounds wrong but I know this to be fact.wai2.gif

Isaan Lawer out of Korat is the only one I know of in the isaan area.

Edited by khwaibah

Are you talking about a "Freedom to marry" affidavit from the Embassy? If so there are local places near to Wireless Road who can do the deed so it's acceptable for the Ministry of Silly Walks(Foriegn Affairs) in BKK

Sorry cannot help with a good lawyer in Sisaket but can tell you about a bad one!!!!

Indeed there are many places near to there. Good services too.

The OP should really explain what he need translated as he says "from Thai court to English"

Would be interesting to see some links to the suggestions that the MFA and embassies have lists of accredited transaltors.

Website only state the "the translations should be certified as true" by the translator.

No mention of any accreditation.

Edited by stevo2

Indeed there are many places near to there. Good services too.

The OP should really explain what he need translated as he says "from Thai court to English"

Would be interesting to see some links to the suggestions that the MFA and embassies have lists of accredited transaltors.

Website only state the "the translations should be certified as true" by the translator.

No mention of any accreditation.

This is exactly what my wife does. She has a special rubber true translation stamp which she then signs on each and every copy.

HL

• Like 1

Seems odd that the OP has never posted since his first post, he never answered the PM either, so was it a troll???

HL

I rest my case!

Or maybe the simpler answer could be either, he got the answer he was looking for somewhere else, or he became bored that no one has actually given an answer to his original question "Looking for a solicitor/lawyer".

Seems odd that the OP has never posted since his first post, he never answered the PM either, so was it a troll???

HL

I rest my case!

Or maybe the simpler answer could be either, he got the answer he was looking for somewhere else, or he became bored that no one has actually given an answer to his original question "Looking for a solicitor/lawyer".

You can't really say that without knowing what I put in my PM that I sent to the OP. as it happens I did include a reference to a Lawyer.

HL

• Like 1

HL

I rest my case!

You can't really say that without knowing what I put in my PM that I sent to the OP. as it happens I did include a reference to a Lawyer.

HL

Exactly my point Happy Larry. "got the answer he was looking for". A think a "thank you" would have been nice.

Never mind.

• Like 1

Dear OP,

There's a real nice guy and he's a lawyer, speaks a good English and he's not one of these rip off guys.

He's in Ubon Ratchathani, only 65 km away from Sisaket all his translations are accepted by all institutions. A real nice and helpful guy.

Here's his number: 0810599359 ( Mr. Praphat)

Edited by lostinisaan

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about not replying sooner,now back in UK & have contacted company in Bangkok nr embassy. There was a lot of conditions from my divorce in Thailand and these need to be translated into English, no one in the village could do it for me and thanks to all the good advice from you all,it seems to be getting done for my return later in the year

Sorry about not replying sooner,now back in UK & have contacted company in Bangkok nr embassy. There was a lot of conditions from my divorce in Thailand and these need to be translated into English, no one in the village could do it for me and thanks to all the good advice from you all,it seems to be getting done for my return later in the year

You might want to take a look here:

http://www.thailaws.com/aboutthailand/foreign_01.htm

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/marriage.html

Frankly, the absence of a timely reply by the OP led me to believe, that "Chippy" has done his homework and discovered, that the fact, that being married to a Thai-Female does not improve his existence as a Farang in any sort of way in Thailand. Exception: Instead of a Bank Deposit of 800'000 for a retirement visa, only 400'000 Bht are required for a marriage visa.

Ergo: Little to gain for the Farang but much to gain for the <censured> !

Cheers.

Frankly, the absence of a timely reply by the OP led me to believe, that "Chippy" has done his homework and discovered, that the fact, that being married to a Thai-Female does not improve his existence as a Farang in any sort of way in Thailand. Exception: Instead of a Bank Deposit of 800'000 for a retirement visa, only 400'000 Bht are required for a marriage visa.

Ergo: Little to gain for the Farang but much to gain for the <censured> !

Cheers.

A joke?

Edited by lostinisaan