Best Dual Sim Card Phone

ongengwai

I have tried to search this forum on high end dual sim card phone available in Thailand but I couldn't get what I want.

My situation is this. I want the best available dual sim smartphone physically available on sales in Thailand. I don't want Windows phone, Apple doesn't offer any dual sim option, so that leaves Android smartphones. As far I know, the most high end dual sim Android smartphones available are Samsung Galaxy Note 4 dual sim version, and HTC M8 / M9 dual sim versions, both of which are not on sales in Thailand. I don't want to buy online from the likes of eBay.

I had a little walk around in MBK few days ago and the best options I could find are Samsung Galaxy A7, and Huawei Ascend Mate7. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 neo is also available but I am a bit turned off by previous generation (and lite version) specifications.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a7-6763.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_mate7-6543.php

Both these phones are unsatisfactory to me, because they both use hybrid sim-SD card slot for the second sim, ie when you insert the second sim card, the SD card slot becomes unavailable. Huawei Mate 7 is better in this respect, the dual sim phone comes with 32gb inbuilt storage, which is just enough for me, but the Samsung A7 comes with only 16gb inbuilt storage. The second sim of Samsung A7 is also only capable of 2G, which at this time and age seems unnecesarily low quality.

I also need a phone with very good phone call audio quality. I have no experience with Huawei phone, I don't know their audio quality. But I know higher end Samsung phones have fantastic call quality. The Huawei phone is also quite a bit too large at 6 inch.

Do you know any legitimate shop that carries higher end dual sim phones, such as the Note 4 dual sim ? Or do you know any other high end dual sim options that I have not discovered, but is available in Thailand ? Maybe the Sony Z3 dual sim ? Some Xiaomi phone ?

Thank you very much in advance ..

Zenfone 6 you will love it and the new Zenfone 2 will be worth getting when in comes out in the next few months. forget Samsung

edit if 6 is too big try the 5 i believe its dual sim

Edited by steve187

First of all, single SIM phones have become the rarity here in Thailand and most of the world...90% of the phones on sale are Dual SIM phones...most also take up to a 32gb micro SD memory card...some up to a 64gb. I have never seen what you refer to as a "Hybred" SIM that excludes the SD card. Maybe you are confusing the newer, smaller MICRO SIM cards most phones now use with SD cards. Some phones still use 2 standard SIMs but most now use either 2 MICRO SIMs or one standard and one micro. Some even use the new NANO SIM which is even smaller. When you buy a SIM in Thailand, it usually appears to be standard size but you can punch out the micro SIM.

Avoid MBK unless you really know your stuff, you will always end up paying more there...not less. Go to any shopping mall like Siam Paragon or Central World, 4th level for both. They have many shops (JayMart, TG Phone, Power Buy, ect.) all with a selection of decent phones for reasonable prices...you can get a very good phone for way less than B10,000.

Check out the ASUS Zenphones which is what I have...great value for the money. Both Central World and Paragon also have large sales offices for all the major network providers: AIS, DTAC & TRUE with English speaking reps. You can set up a service plan that works for you.

Phone size and form is a matter of individual taste...just go and look at them all.

First of all, single SIM phones have become the rarity here in Thailand and most of the world...90% of the phones on sale are Dual SIM phones...most also take up to a 32gb micro SD memory card...some up to a 64gb. I have never seen what you refer to as a "Hybred" SIM that excludes the SD card. Maybe you are confusing the newer, smaller MICRO SIM cards most phones now use with SD cards. Some phones still use 2 standard SIMs but most now use either 2 MICRO SIMs or one standard and one micro. Some even use the new NANO SIM which is even smaller. When you buy a SIM in Thailand, it usually appears to be standard size but you can punch out the micro SIM.

Avoid MBK unless you really know your stuff, you will always end up paying more there...not less. Go to any shopping mall like Siam Paragon or Central World, 4th level for both. They have many shops (JayMart, TG Phone, Power Buy, ect.) all with a selection of decent phones for reasonable prices...you can get a very good phone for way less than B10,000.

Check out the ASUS Zenphones which is what I have...great value for the money. Both Central World and Paragon also have large sales offices for all the major network providers: AIS, DTAC & TRUE with English speaking reps. You can set up a service plan that works for you.

Phone size and form is a matter of individual taste...just go and look at them all.

Does your ASUS Zehone give you good call quality ? I have always had problems with call quality on cheaper phones ...

Zenfone 6 you will love it and the new Zenfone 2 will be worth getting when in comes out in the next few months. forget Samsung

edit if 6 is too big try the 5 i believe its dual sim

Best recommendation.

ASUS have very good products at the right price, and the last Zenfone had very good reviews.

Also, Its 7" Phonepad dual sim is very good, and cost no more than 4000 THB. Great!

Does your ASUS Zehone give you good call quality ? I have always had problems with call quality on cheaper phones ...

It has good call quality and sufficient volume to my ears. I have a touch of hearing loss and other phones I had sometimes didn't have quite enough volume...especially here in Thailand where loud background noise is inescapable. I've never had a person I was talking to complain about clarity.

Everybody's ears are different and what sounds good to me may not sound good to you but I've never seen a complaint by other Zenphone 5 users. It's one of the best phones for the money currently available. As others have pointed out, a new model is due out in April or May.

• 2 weeks later...

........Best recommendation.

ASUS have very good products at the right price, and the last Zenfone had very good reviews.

Also, Its 7" Phonepad dual sim is very good, and cost no more than 4000 THB. Great!....................

What model Asus phonepad ? how many GB memory does the 4000 baht one have ?

and where is the best place / price / service to buy it in BKK

I had a Fonepad and was happy with it , but it got "liberated" out of my car back home

Many vendors selling ASUS phones in Fortune Plaza, (RAMA-9 MRT) Most charge close to the same prices but might knock of a few hundred baht or throw in a case or battery pack if you sweet talk them.

New & improved Zenphone models with 4G hitting the stores in late April; bit more expensive though.

Oneplus one is one of the best phones on the market right now, you need a invite to buy but on Tuesday it is open to buy to everyone, I got a invite but then the company said Thailand is not on thethethe list to ship too.

You can buy a little more expensive on lazada.

I have a Chinese phone ulefone be pro, not expensive but a great phone, I also have a zenfone and also well worth buying.

Oneplus one is one of the best phones on the market right now, you need a invite to buy but on Tuesday it is open to buy to everyone, I got a invite but then the company said Thailand is not on thethethe list to ship too.

I have a Chinese phone ulefone be pro, not expensive but a great phone, I also have a zenfone and also well worth buying.

How many phones do you have?

I will likely buy the new Asus, my IQ4 is getting worn now and this 1gb internal memory is just too small and a never ending struggle to keep updating and adding aps.

How many phones do you have?

I will likely buy the new Asus, my IQ4 is getting worn now and this 1gb internal memory is just too small and a never ending struggle to keep updating and adding aps.

I have the two mentioned plus a few older phones, I updated my ASUS to the Ulefone be pro but still use the Asus too.

• 1 month later...
Both these phones are unsatisfactory to me, because they both use hybrid sim-SD card slot for the second sim, ie when you insert the second sim card, the SD card slot becomes unavailable.

No such thing exists

That's what I thought but a bit of online research revealed there actually are a number of models released in Europe and the USA wherein the 2nd slot is dual purpose; either micro SIM or micro SD. Sorry, didn't note the model names when I read this.

LG G4. Saw it at the Mobile Expo a week ago. The demo there only had a single sim but they said the actual model being imported will have dual sims. Not sure if both sim slots have full data capability but could very well have. Should be here within a week or two.

It's Snapdragon 808 is one small notch below the top of the line 810, but most people won't ever notice the difference unless they're hardcore gamers. It's more power efficient and less prone to overheat (although the overheating issues with the 810 now appear to be poor optimisation in early firmware). The quad hd screen and removable battery are nice features. I was tempted to get it but it just wasn't compelling enough to upgrade from a Note 3.

On the other hand, the Zenfone 2 (top model with 4GB ram) looks to be the killer phone for me, especially for the price. If you can wait a bit over a month or so for that one you should look it up. Dual sim too btw.

LG G4. Saw it at the Mobile Expo a week ago. The demo there only had a single sim but they said the actual model being imported will have dual sims. Not sure if both sim slots have full data capability but could very well have. Should be here within a week or two.

It's Snapdragon 808 is one small notch below the top of the line 810, but most people won't ever notice the difference unless they're hardcore gamers. It's more power efficient and less prone to overheat (although the overheating issues with the 810 now appear to be poor optimisation in early firmware). The quad hd screen and removable battery are nice features. I was tempted to get it but it just wasn't compelling enough to upgrade from a Note 3.

On the other hand, the Zenfone 2 (top model with 4GB ram) looks to be the killer phone for me, especially for the price. If you can wait a bit over a month or so for that one you should look it up. Dual sim too btw.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2484577,00.asp

Interesting review of the Z-2. Points out a few shortcomings. Much heavier than I thought. I'm currently carrying around a 6" Lenovo that is about the same weight and I do feel the bulk. Have to make sure my belt is a bit tighter than normal.

• 10 months later...

I also will be shopping for a new dual sim smartphone, found I a made the mistake of buying the Galaxy Core Prime. Ok so it's my first smartphone, but now that I found I have need of the second sim slot, and second phone number. The second slot is 2G rather than 4G the Thai standard. Therefore worthless as a dual sim phone.

DP

I have a Zenfone 2 4gb / 64GB which has dual active SIMs where both numbers are functioning at he same time and you could have calls on both also at the same time. In practice, I have experienced this only a couple of times and it was ok, but I am not sure I value it that much over dual sim standby where you have both numbers active but can only receive or deal with calls on one at a time. Data on the Z2 is only on SIM 1; SIM 2 is 2G voice and SMS only.

I have however knackered my phone and as in the market for a replacement, I am seriously considering just buying another as it performed really well.

Hi SGD, I read something about the Zenfone, but know nothing about it, other than as you said, 4G on both sims. I'll look it up. Sounds ideal for me. On the Core Prime can select sim 1 or 2, or both active, in the real world. I can see your logic of having only one active rather than both always on. I haven't taken a look at the wife's Appo (Thai phone) I believe she has both active sims, as I can call her on either number, different ringtones she has set up.

Was 3,400 THB, but to inspect it I rather do it in a shop where they can change the language & I don't screw up any of her settings. I'll take an online look at the Zenfone, than have a look at it too.

We are heading to the U.S. for 2 wks next week, so things phone will have to wait until we return.

On the subject of Skype, in a live chat, found posted before I said "Skype To Go" numbers are free, with an account, which is true however not supported in Thailand. Just wanted to clear that up, because if your were to set it up, to delete the settings you would have to go to live chat support, and have them do it. Another lesson learned, just time consuming, but at no cost.

Thanks

DP.

Hi SDG, just back from looking at the Zenfone 2, pretty pricy, 11,000 THB. Maybe you are one the lucky ones, most reviews say battery life sucks, complaints about the camera, people had dropped calls, and the phone would reboot on it's own. I was reading about it for sale in Thailand.

http://tech.thaivisa.com/asus-zenfone-2-thailand/11096/

And this was a kinder review.

Again thanks for the insight, a bit too pricy for as much use as I'll get. Don't do reading on the phone, don't play games or watch videos, or download the millions of apps available.

DP.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^I only paid 6000฿ for my Asus Zenfone 2 Laser - ZE500KL- a few months back. I think the price has come down since then.

My phone has none of the faults that you speak of.

The camera works very well, even in low light.

No dropped calls and the battery life is just fine.

It only reboots when I tell it to.

I guess I must be one of the lucky ones. smile.pngwai2.gif