Facebook decries how Chinese tourists wash their feet

Thaivisa News

THe thing is, despite many here saying they cant see the problem, is that the sandles if nothing else have been in direct contact with the floor and all the bacteria that has. Washing them in a drinking water fountain could tranfer the bacteria from the floor to the mouth drink facility. If anyone here wants to drink water frrom the road good luck to yuo but I, and I am sure most TV members wouldnt do it

Wash basins are not drinking fountains.

• Like 1

What problems they have in Noppharat with chinese - you f...... invited them yourself didnt you ... (TAT-morons)?

When I see a thai-waiter cleaning his nose with his finger while people give their order for food, I Wonder what goes on in the kitchen ...blink.pngbah.gifw00t.gif

'When I see a thai-waiter cleaning his nose with his finger while people give their order for food, I Wonder what goes on in the kitchen.' Indeed. The sole reason so many Thai men wander around with one nail three times longer than any other. They also, more often than not, use the toilet, then leave without washing their hands.

The Thais need to improve their own hygiene standards, before deigning to tell tourists to improve theirs.

• Like 1

I am not sure how a mess the Chinese tourists made at the basin. But after reading this, I want to ask where and how often the Thais wash their feet. Why should they be considered dirty if you keep washing them? They are part of you and so they should be regarded as clean as your hands, face, and mind.

It's Thai culture pure and simple: http://www.thailandclimbing.com/thai-cultural-considerations/

It's their country and you're just a guest living it it however temporarily and you have to respect that.

The feet washing pales in comparison...I was a captive audience aboard a China Southern flight from US to China...a Chinese guy sitting next to me used a face cloth...dropped his pants to his ankles and proceeded to wash his genitalia...I can not tell you how violated I felt having to sit there while that scene played out...never again will I fly a Chinese airline...uncouth heathens...

Thais are very concerned about body odor, not necessarily hygiene. If they were concerned about hygiene you would see an interest in refrigeration, plastic wrap, and concerns about open sewers in the meat market.

Edited by canuckamuck

I would rather see a thousand Chinese washing their feet in a sink rather than a single Thai lighting a forest on fire for mushrooms. The Chinese aren't hurting anyone with that habit, but the burning of forests affects thousands.