Seeing a Doctor and Getting Xrays in Bangkok

ev1lchris

Expensive is a relative term.

My bill from Phyathai hospital, summer 2014.

X-ray(whole spine + wrists): 3 360 thb

Nursing and midwifery charge: 350 thb

Doctor fee: 800 thb

Special diagnostic care: 800 thb

Miscellenious: 200 thb

+ some outpatient medication. All together around 6 000 thb.

I guess in Bangkok hospital or Samitivej I would paid slightly more.

It really depends on what you want/need.

If you need regular health care, check out health packages, which every hospital is offering ...

I recommend, go with your Thai partner/friend, especially if you are first timer in Thailand.

Good luck, be healthy.

• Like 1

Cost varies greatly by hospital and doctor.

In a private hospital in Bangkok the consultation with the doctor will run anywhere from about 500 - 1800 baht depending on qualifications, a single Xray about 1000 baht give or take, and then there will be a hospital surcharge of a couple hundred baht.

Don't buy medications at the pharmacy as there is a considerable mark-up, note the name and buy it at an outside pharmacy.

Cost in a government hospital will be a fraction of this but long waits and red tape, and need a Thai speaker along to help navigate the system

• Like 1

Cost varies greatly by hospital and doctor.

In a private hospital in Bangkok the consultation with the doctor will run anywhere from about 500 - 1800 baht depending on qualifications, a single Xray about 1000 baht give or take, and then there will be a hospital surcharge of a couple hundred baht.

Don't buy medications at the pharmacy as there is a considerable mark-up, note the name and buy it at an outside pharmacy.

Cost in a government hospital will be a fraction of this but long waits and red tape, and need a Thai speaker along to help navigate the system

Thank you. Those sound like reasonable prices. Can you recommend a hospital to me?

My side ribs have been hurting for over a month. I thought I might need to get them xrayed.

If you have fell over broke/fractured them...just leave it theres nothing that can be done other than wait for them to heal. (In which case you haven't as you would know about it without a doctor)

You could have even torn the tendon stuff that lays beneath them.

I forget the name but had all 3 cases.

No need to radiate yourself, you can tear that stuff just through coughing.

Edited by rhythmworx

If no history of trauma, fracture not likely but could be a pulmonary problem which might also call for an Xray, especially if the pain is one only one side.

Need to see a doctor and get a physical exam first.

I was at a private hospital in BKK two weeks ago. Dr. fee, hospital fees and 2 foot x rays were about 1,500 total. Even when I got a stomach X-Ray at Bumrungrad it was only about 500 for the X Ray. They seem to be cheap these days.....unlike CT Scans or MRI's. But I think it is also dependent on how many images they take.

Pain in ribs, lower left side?

Could be from your ribs/muscles or your lung as suggested above.

But it could also come from your left kidney, especially if the pain is on the backside, ex kidney stones are quite common. If its located on the front side, it might acctually be your stomach.

Very difficult to recommend the best imaging modality without full history and physical exam. So you need to visit a doctor first