Record low EUR/THB rate affecting expats?

Decline of currency exchange rates is only an effort to cure or hide the real problem.

Western economies are bankrupt, more than 90pct of the money has to be paid for interest. Interest economy (money on money) leads to (accelerating) exponential growth - of deficits.

For the US roughly 25% of tax revenue goes to pay interest...so nonsense to suggest it is 90%...,in the UK similar story...across Europe as a whole its lower, although Greece is a different story of course....so although debt levels are too high, insolvency is not a concern and wont be one in your lifetime...perhaps mine....but not yours...and by the way it is more likely to be Asia to watch for the next debt crisis, especially China, it is garbage to say only Western debt levels are too high, Asian countries have been borrowing like pigs in sh*t since 2009. Edited by paddyjenkins

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decline of currency exchange rates is only an effort to cure or hide the real problem.

Western economies are bankrupt, more than 90pct of the money has to be paid for interest. Interest economy (money on money) leads to (accelerating) exponential growth - of deficits.

For the US roughly 25% of tax revenue goes to pay interest...so nonsense to suggest it is 90%...,in the UK similar story...across Europe as a whole its lower, although Greece is a different story of course....so although debt levels are too high, insolvency is not a concern and wont be one in your lifetime...perhaps mine....but not yours...and by the way it is more likely to be Asia to watch for the next debt crisis, especially China, it is garbage to say only Western debt levels are too high, Asian countries have been borrowing like pigs in sh*t since 2009.

Actually closer to 14%. U.S. federal tax revenue for 2014 was $3.021T and interest on debt $431B...works out to 14.2%

And we forget Thai dept Is over 3 time higher then there gdp!

This fact alone , is maybe enough to bring the Bhat crisis back and proberbly the last hope of expats here in this country!

Now we pay because of bad exchange more then double like 5 or 7 year ago!

This will also hit the tourism sector hard , when the regular 3 weeks traveler hard , and stay away from Thailand !

It's in any massage shop same in Chiang mai or Pattaya , I have no customer don't know why, I try to explain about economy and reason why less farang here but I don't know understand or not!

I waiting on that day that the Thai tourism industry make some promotion package but I never see any!

Thais make one big mistake , when the go up In same amount of price like euro goes down , a resort in rayong always stay before January 15 450 Bhat with breakfast , after euro Christie breaks out and our magical sorcerer draghi press the red button , the price for same resort go up 1400 asking why need more money because no customer !

Thai air do the same story last month I checked a flight go and back to Munich bk shows me over 3000€ on sky scanner now one month later 630€. , this is a sign that hopefully the tourism sector also plan to make promotion package or help hotel owners here with support or what ever!

Thanks for the link. Seems like a heated conversation there..I will keep posted on both.

I really hope they do something to weaken the baht!

What about doing something to strengthen the Euro ,

Let us make a start , why delay the inevitable ,

Stop supporting ,and bailing out those countries in Europe , who just take out ,and put nought in.

This culture , is similar to the to the social security system in Britain ,where the tax payer supports the lame and lazy.

As always , being generous is being abused, and taken as a weakness.

Greece , Italy , Rumania , to name but a few , must be ousted , then a BIG MAYBE ??? , the Euro will be viable.clap2.gif

German workers, and tax payers , the EU. takers love you too bits.

Long reign, Queen Angela ,wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

But to Angela's credit, she's from East Germany. How should she even know it better? You should have mentioned Spain with their never ending Siestas, Portugal, etc....

The only stuff that Greece produces seems to be Ouzo. When the EU wanted to know how many government employees they'd have, they couldn't answer.Maybe Costas can shed some light on this issue?

Always liked to go to the Greece restaurant around the corner with their fleece.

The song is especially for you Angie.............

post-158336-0-50242500-1427039917_thumb.

post-158336-0-27449900-1427040249_thumb.

post-158336-0-14475500-1427040286_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

Thanks for the link. Seems like a heated conversation there..I will keep posted on both.

I really hope they do something to weaken the baht!

What about doing something to strengthen the Euro ,

Let us make a start , why delay the inevitable ,

Stop supporting ,and bailing out those countries in Europe , who just take out ,and put nought in.

This culture , is similar to the to the social security system in Britain ,where the tax payer supports the lame and lazy.

As always , being generous is being abused, and taken as a weakness.

Greece , Italy , Rumania , to name but a few , must be ousted , then a BIG MAYBE ??? , the Euro will be viable.clap2.gif

German workers, and tax payers , the EU. takers love you too bits.

Long reign, Queen Angela ,wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

But to Angela's credit, she's from East Germany. How should she even know it better? You should have mentioned Spain with their never ending Siestas, Portugal, etc....

The only stuff that Greece produces seems to be Ouzo. When the EU wanted to know how many government employees they'd have, they couldn't answer.Maybe Costas can shed some light on this issue?

Always liked to go to the Greece restaurant around the corner with their fleece.

The song is especially for you Angie.............

I have one more picture, that you may have missed, from your idol.

Feel free to frame it and hang it in the dinner room.

797887-006110e4-9c40-11e4-94c2-d4edd815b

This fact alone , is maybe enough to bring the Bhat crisis back and proberbly the last hope of expats here in this country!

This will also hit the tourism sector hard , when the regular 3 weeks traveler hard , and stay away from Thailand !

It's in any massage shop same in Chiang mai or Pattaya , I have no customer don't know why, I try to explain about economy and reason why less farang here but I don't know understand or not!

I waiting on that day that the Thai tourism industry make some promotion package but I never see any!

Thais make one big mistake , when the go up In same amount of price like euro goes down , a resort in rayong always stay before January 15 450 Bhat with breakfast , after euro Christie breaks out and our magical sorcerer draghi press the red button , the price for same resort go up 1400 asking why need more money because no customer !

Thai air do the same story last month I checked a flight go and back to Munich bk shows me over 3000€ on sky scanner now one month later 630€. , this is a sign that hopefully the tourism sector also plan to make promotion package or help hotel owners here with support or what ever!

Sandman, why are you blaming Thailand for the mismanagement in your home country(s)? And as Robert24 pointed out, you are quoting wrong information. I know English is not your first language, but at least try to make some sense.

Sandman, why are you blaming Thailand for the mismanagement in your home country(s)? And as Robert24 pointed out, you are quoting wrong information. I know English is not your first language, but at least try to make some sense.

Easier blaming others than taking responsibility for there own decisions like moving here

last month I checked a flight go and back to Munich bk shows me over 3000€ on sky scanner now one month later 630€.

bullshite²!

Good news for the Euro....http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/24/investing/euro-currency-dollar-comeback/index.html

....although I'd be a bit leery as long term trends still lean towards the dollar.

Yea, the recent Euro uptick may be a dead cat bounce....I seriously doubt it's a long term reversal to the upside....but then again my crystal ball sucks at predictions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess you are a favorite for winning the new noble Prize under the caterogy "dumbest comment in an IT-forum".

Are you able to explain your words "90pct of the money"? What kind of money ... etc.

I.e.: please show me that Germany pays 90% if it's "money" for it's interests. Are you able to explain us your assumption ? facepalm.gif

Edited by puck2

here you are

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/807664-bye-bye-europe-exapats-and-holiday-goers/

Ozzy dollar down from 30 to 25 (20% less)

Russian ruble down 60%

Looks like everyone except the Yanks and the Brits are screwed.

Yer! Great and with luck the Greeks will cause the Euro to drop to an all time low so I can invest on some more land in Spain and Italy. Theres always a good for some I guess.

here you are

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/807664-bye-bye-europe-exapats-and-holiday-goers/

Ozzy dollar down from 30 to 25 (20% less)

Russian ruble down 60%

Looks like everyone except the Yanks and the Brits are screwed.

Yer! Great and with luck the Greeks will cause the Euro to drop to an all time low so I can invest on some more land in Spain and Italy. Theres always a good for some I guess.

don't hold your breath but you have my permission to keep on dreaming tongue.png

And I remember when we stayed out of the euro all the doomsayers said Britain was doomed ,now they are saying if we leave the EU we will be doomed ,yea right

at inception of the €UR one Pound Sterling bought 1.4476 €URos, today one Pound buys only 1.4101 €URos.

at the same date one Pound Sterling bought 1.6583 US-Dollars, today one Pound buys only 1.5661.

so where's the beef advantage that Britain did not join the currency union? huh.png

disclaimer: i hate the €UR, would like it to disappear and being able to invest again in my formerly beloved Deutsche Mark. but of course that's one of my wet dreams because this hybrid currency disease will still exist when i'm long gone dry.png

We are indeed , blessed brothers.

After the eleventh hour has expired , and Greece has defaulted .

Queen Angela,{the next EU President }, ulterior motives . ??

Queenie will, applaud , the next Greek bailout. A victory for all,,,clap2.gifclap2.gif ,especially the lame and lazy in the EU.

More countries in the EU, will follow this trend , borrow and default .

Similar to the benefits culture in the UK. Destination number one, for our immigrant cousins . Welcome all.wai2.gif

German , French ,and the UK taxpayer .aka known as fools. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif..

Nothing new..wai2.gif

Edited by elliss