Cannot lose money in pigs teerak...hmmmm

i see there is a lot of expert pig farmers posting here, and i bet half of them have never seen a pig,

you can make money from pig farming,!

its all about getting the right contacts,

we buy our feed direct from a mill, saying on starter feed 200bht a bag down to finnishing feed we save 48bht a bag from the feed shop prices,

we buy our piglets in at 800 to 1200 bht a piglet depending on size,

it take us 4 months to grow them out to 100 kilo and at the moment its 55 bht a kilo farm gate price

its takes aprox 6 bags of feed per pig, so you can say 2700bht to rear,+ say 1200 per piglet= 3900

at 100 kilo we get 5500 per pig, sometimes more,

at the moment its at least 1600 bht profit,

and we sell between 20 and 40 pigs a month,

its 840 here and ive just finnished the cleaning and feeding,

we also have ducks for eggs and meat and chickens for the same,my wife sells eggs everyday, and we have just started selling a few fish as the pond behind the pig stys was just doing nothing, now every 3 month we put in and take out 1000 cat fish,

so please done comment unless you know what your talking about, thats the trouble with TV nowadays,

TO MANY EXPERTS WHO KNOW F££K ALL

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see there is a lot of expert pig farmers posting here, and i bet half of them have never seen a pig,

we buy our feed direct from a mill, saying on starter feed 200bht a bag down to finnishing feed we save 48bht a bag from the feed shop prices,

it take us 4 months to grow them out to 100 kilo and at the moment its 55 bht a kilo farm gate price

its takes aprox 6 bags of feed per pig, so you can say 2700bht to rear,+ say 1200 per piglet= 3900

we also have ducks for eggs and meat and chickens for the same,my wife sells eggs everyday, and we have just started selling a few fish as the pond behind the pig stys was just doing nothing, now every 3 month we put in and take out 1000 cat fish,

so please done comment unless you know what your talking about, thats the trouble with TV nowadays,

Oh my Buddha....another invest in hog futures coming right up! :-) I've been there and done that and lucky I still have a shirt on my back....get on the next plane and go home and pick up your brain as you are leaving Suvarnabhumi Airport. cheesy.gif

post-53398-0-48391600-1426297896_thumb.j

Edited by chicowoodduck

37 replies, and I just came to number 7 before I got so boared from all the simpleminded answers that I stopped reading.

It was the usual stupid stuff from people that either have absolutely no knowledge of anything outside England or USA, or from people

that themselfs have such a personalities that not even their own parents could like them, much less the thai population.....

Plse... there are scammers, lazy idiots amongst the thai people here, but for heaven sake open your Pattaya and Bangkok small eyes, and try to learn outside your own small living quarters.... There are actually decent nice thai people, and there are ways to do business and secure yourself a litlle bit..... But the main thing is.. If you come here as a falang and think that you can strike "gold".... forget it,... Just invest the amount that you feel comfortable with, and that you can afford to loose, without crying yourself to sleep...

Good luck

Edited by glegolo

Two points to consider:

1) She does not love your money lol. She just loves your money. Period. No lol.

2) This is an investment for her. It is a money sink for you. The two of you do NOT share a common objective. Any money you put in is gone, forever. Zero returns. Accept that fact, work from there, and then come to your own conclusion.

As long as you understand the parameters, you can make the right decision for yourself.

Disagree. The girl & her family can make money from pig farming. Esp when the seed money is free. Yon clueless farang makes nothing. If they choose to give him anything beyond room, board, pocket money & a shared bed, consider it a gift. Beyond that, his ROI is zero.

How difficult is it to tell her NO?

My guess is you're looking for any reason to give here the money when the reality is you should JUST SAY NO unless you enjoy pissing your money away. If she didn't have you, what would she do? She'd find another source. But go ahead, you're going to do it no matter what anyone tells you so why do you even ask?

Disagree. The girl & her family can make money from pig farming. Esp when the seed money is free. Yon clueless farang makes nothing. If they choose to give him anything beyond room, board, pocket money & a shared bed, consider it a gift. Beyond that, his ROI is zero.

disagree,

our farm is our home for us and our children,,i dont keep no family, my family is my wife and children, look at the pictures and posts i have posted in the past you will see our life,

i still work offshore, the pig farm is for when i retire,

yes im from farming stock in the uk my mum still has a farm, it was a natual thing for me to get into,

and as for a work permit as the cleaver poster stated,, its my wifes farm,,,

i really cant believe the attitude of some posters on here, they are allways ready to knock anyone who wants to try something,

there is good money in pigs,

just some of you cant get your ass out the bar to see what is on offer here in thailand, looking through your beer glasses you will never see thailand,

you will be sitting in the bar when your number gets called or when you run out of money,or the exchange rate get to bad you have to go home,

dont knock others for giving it a go,

some of us are very happy with our lifes here in thailand, just because we dont shout it from the roof tops,

How much money is back in your bank account from the pig farm you financed?

(Money spent from your off shore wage to money back in your off shore account)

I'm betting none. Not one cent back in your name. But I'm often wrong.

So I conclude YOU made no money from pig farming either.

Anyway my experience of rural pig farming,

My wife worked for 15 years in Bangkok and sent all her wages to mum to invest in a pig farm for her future.

After 15 years she arrived home, age 34, to find no pigs and a 100,000bht loan on the farm she paid cash for.

The farm was about to be foreclosed. 15 years work in BK for nothing.

Worked out well for me though.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

What previous experience does she have of running a pig farm?

What makes you think she could run one successfully now?

(or any other business for that matter)

How many new Thai business ventures have you seen fail within 6 months with a total loss to all investors?

She hasn't but the parents probably have.

The OP is only good for the money he will put in......the rest is up to them.......till they get fed up with him and throw him out.

"...till they get fed up with him and throw him out."

I think the O/P has some experience with that. I sort of wonder how he ever gets any rest with all his investment plans and globe-trotting

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/794322-married-registered-in-bangkok-can-we-divorce-in-uk/

Now pigs, following on from the rubber trees and condo purchase for Baht 1 million ... or is it 5 million?
... or a cheap room in Hua Hin?
or is it even a cheaper room in Pattaya?
And Botox for current (or recent) wife
... while getting a tourist visa in Dublin??
blar·ney
ˈblärnē/
noun
  1. 1.
    talk that aims to charm, pleasantly flatter, or persuade.
    "he had the “street charm” of an Irish politician, but this blarney concealed his inner self"
    synonyms: smooth talk, honeyed words, flattery,blandishments, cajolery, coaxing, wheedling,persuasion, palaver
Edited by Suradit69

A bunch of the Pattaya Bars are pig farms. However I had a friend and this could have been his letter over five years ago. He lost everything he put into it and then some including her. It wasnt a money pit it was a pig pit...and they all died as well....the pigs.

What previous experience does she have of running a pig farm?

What makes you think she could run one successfully now?

(or any other business for that matter)

How many new Thai business ventures have you seen fail within 6 months with a total loss to all investors?

6 months more like 3 months

i have raised pigs good business lot of work you dont need 500,00 to start . small plot 1 /2 rai start piglets are a 1000 baht a pop , feed 3 times a day watch will grow takes time sell for anywhere from 6000 to 8000 500,000 and she have never been in the business what is she going to do run a corp pig farm from day one thats at leat 250 pigs food and a bunch of myanmr works too much over head to start try 10 do it your self see if you like it and you will find out all the numbers. good luck but like all thais she is dreaming or looking to rip you off it will not get any-better

Well, this is one admitted non-expert who didn't retire in Thailand to be knee deep in pig, duck and chicken shit most days and eating cat-fish.

OP..Mama cannot give YOU a 6 rai of land chanote.

Once she has the pig-farm, and your finances have dwindled, you are superfluous.

Her obligation and desire to help her family outweigh any affections for you.

Edited by jacko45k

No Jake, there are too many like You.. O.K. It suits your lifestyle, respect your resolve, but then you choose to insult posters offering sound opinions to the O.P. question..Its hard work,and not easy money.All you need is to upset the Locals, have no work permit,local admin to shut you down, YES even upcountry , and ones lost the Lot.

Have yo ever been on a pig farm? You can smell the nasty place a KM away. PUT YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET - RUN TO THE AIRPORT - GO HOME!

Save these messages. Some day you'll wish you had listened.

Investing in a pig farm is one of the oldest cons used by the Walking Street whores.

No Jake, there are too many like You.. O.K. It suits your lifestyle, respect your resolve, but then you choose to insult posters offering sound opinions to the O.P. question..Its hard work,and not easy money.All you need is to upset the Locals, have no work permit,local admin to shut you down, YES even upcountry , and ones lost the Lot.

i dont have a problem with posters giving advice, ive had plenty of it on here in the old days, from some of the old pig farmers on here,

what really pisses me off is that some posters just jump on the old band wagon that all thai girls are going to rip you off,

not one of the posters on here know this girl that the OP has met,

YET ALL ARE SAYING SHE IS JUST AFTER YOU MONEY HER FAMILY ARE NO GOOD THEY WILL THROW YOU OUT WHEN THE MONEY IS GONE,

please tell me how they can all come to this conclusion?

they are not all the same my friend, i dont live in issan now were near it but i dont think that all the girls from there are bad, im not that small minded,

thats what gets me,

and as for the locals round were i live i would say they are fine, they have all seen me making my pig stys laying blocks ect,(my dad was a builder) so i do most of my own building work too,

sometimes when i off getting piglets they will ask can i pick them a couple up, not a problem, i even sell them feed, at a much lower cost then the shops,

i just wish some would get away from there bar stool and stop looking through beer glasses, as not all thai girls are bad,

and yes you could say im still looking through rose tinted glasses, but my god they havnt fell of yet and thats after 9 years,

and to the other poster who asked about how much money goes back into my bank account,

ill put it this way, we dont touch my money from my offshore work we live very very well from our farm, my wife keeps excelent books for when i get home, i dont even bother to look at them, see its all about trust, and that seams to be lacking in a lot of the posters on here,

i came home on the 8th from my last trip and there was 123,000bht in my desk draw,

i wanted to buy my wife a small car, ide seen a couple, proton savey auto, she cant drive but i would like her to learn,

but she wouldnt have it,, so i got her a motor bike and side car, thats what she wanted,,lol, to take the kids to school,

please believe me when i say it they are not all on the make,

you can call me lucky, i think i am,

jake