Police nab two more over blast

Lite Beer

CRIMINAL COURT ATTACK
Police nab two more over blast
THE NATION

30255999-01_big.jpg?1426286009026

BANGKOK: -- Woman alleged to have coordinated attack, accomplice arrested in Mukdahan province

TWO MORE suspects, including a much-wanted woman named Dear, have been arrested for their alleged role in the hand-grenade attack at the Criminal Court in Bangkok last Saturday.

Suphaphorn "Dear" Mit-arak and Wassana Butdee were arrested on Thursday evening in Mukdahan province. Wassana has been accused of wiring Bt20,000 at the order of Suphaphon Suphaphorn to the two alleged attackers - motorcycle rider Mahahin Khunthong and grenade thrower Yutthana Yenphinyo.

Military officials nabbed both men near the scene shortly after the attack.

Suphaphorn's name emerged as police uncovered a chat on the Line application between her and Mahahin discussing details of the attack. The chat was recorded in Mahahin's mobile phone, which police seized upon arresting him.

Military personnel handed Mahahin and Yutthana, along with their girlfriends Natthaphat Onming and Thatchaphan Pokkhrong, over to police yesterday after their military detention period was completed.

The four suspects re-enacted their alleged crimes under police supervision at five locations, including the Criminal Court compound on Ratchadaphisek Road.

Royal Thai Police commander Pol General Somyot Poompanmuang said later that Thatchaphan was the only person who denied being involved in the bomb attack. As of press time, no charges had been pressed against the four suspects.

Somyot repeated an earlier police statement saying the four suspects were the same people who carried out a pipe-bomb attack outside Siam Paragon and that they had chosen the Criminal Court because of its symbolic significance. He said neither of the attacks had anything to do with March 15 - the date that is speculated to be the day for simultaneous anti-government attacks.

Police have so far taken eight people into custody in relation to the grenade attack, and a manhunt is on for Weerasak Towangjorn, also known as Yai Pattaya, who allegedly attended a meeting to plan the attack and provided the grenade - a Russian-made RGD-5 - that was lobbed at the court.

A police source also accused Australia-based Anek Chaichana as being the mastermind of the attack. Anek, who is fleeing lese majeste charges, is aiming to instigate a United Nations intervention in Thailand's post-coup administration, the source added.

The source also said there were other men on the run identified as Bas and Wit who also allegedly attended the meeting held to plan the attack.

First Army Area commander Lt-General Kampanart Ruddit said later that the grenade attack was planned and ordered by certain people living overseas, who were part of a large network.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-nab-two-more-over-blast-30255999.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-14

unless I'm completely reading this the wrong way - these people are nothing more than complete nut jobs that have somehow been given access to weapons

I do believe there is a organisational tree that branches out a lot further than they have determined, the known suspects are simply those who did the dirty work for a few thousand baht, they may have implicated those further up but the police have no evidence to pursue them

• Like 1

unless I'm completely reading this the wrong way - these people are nothing more than complete nut jobs that have somehow been given access to weapons

I do believe there is a organisational tree that branches out a lot further than they have determined, the known suspects are simply those who did the dirty work for a few thousand baht, they may have implicated those further up but the police have no evidence to pursue them

And I get ridiculed for keeping an open mind by a few who are unable to think outside of the box unfortunately.

I read this the same way as you do, but that's not acceptable to some here.

• Like 1

They are already getting linked up the chain to Anek (and higher).

They are already getting linked up the chain to Anek (and higher).

And it's that "higher up" part that so many here refuse to believe or accept ... the guys arrested are small fry, so let's hope they can truly follow the trail to the higher up and take some action against him for once.

And I get ridiculed for keeping an open mind by a few who are unable to think outside of the box unfortunately.

I read this the same way as you do, but that's not acceptable to some here.

but then not everyone who posts here has first hand experience of such things as you do - a collection of factory workers - bus/taxi drivers - school teachers - office workers - sales - etc - which are all admirable employments but hardly provide expertise in the field of terrorism

• Like 2

Yes, yes. Because I always run right out and shine a spotlight on my clandestine political groups with absolutely pointless acts of vandalism in public for no reason.
These explosions clearly were not meant to do any real damage or hurt any people.
So what was the point?
And since when do you need to pay political activists to be active?
Look for motive:
Who stands to benefit most from harmless acts of fear-mongering?

Using Voodoo Karma to forcefully get any hansi-pansi suspects and give them the Burma B2 treatment.... Royal Thai police way of doing things to show they are doing things..... create national status instead of real investigation, and leave the rich and influential ones off the hook....

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif Enter the Dragon, follow a random Australian Mastermind supsect

The attacks, coincidentally, are justifications for continued martial law and no due process in court. The attacks are, coincidentally, being pegged on mental midgets who have trouble using a cellphone, much less being able to drop off an IUD (something people in the south do well, and regularly). The pics are hilarious. The first guys sat down where they left the kabooms, had a few smokes for the cameras, then casually walked away.... The grenade brigade were being "closely followed" for weeks, but, coincidentally, not being followed closely enough to stop the attack, of course.

I am not buying it all. Smells fish shit salad to me.

The attacks, coincidentally, are justifications for continued martial law and no due process in court. The attacks are, coincidentally, being pegged on mental midgets who have trouble using a cellphone, much less being able to drop off an IUD (something people in the south do well, and regularly). The pics are hilarious. The first guys sat down where they left the kabooms, had a few smokes for the cameras, then casually walked away.... The grenade brigade were being "closely followed" for weeks, but, coincidentally, not being followed closely enough to stop the attack, of course.

I am not buying it all. Smells fish shit salad to me.

I think I see a bulge - is that a grenade down his shorts - what else could it be

You've obviously never done surveillance before lol

stick to salad - stay off the yogurt

The government don't need to justify anything