Volunteer policeman on second road

Tham1

This turkey jumped out in front of me and forced me to pull over.

Everything in order. The schmuck was very disappointed I was legal.

Is there anything more pathetic than a farang teaming up with these so called police?

I'm tempted to say....maybe standing there looking at him is.....but I wouldn't go that far.

Edited by dotpoom

OP, the reasons why he stopped foreigners are

1. Thais would not stop for him and most likely run him over as well.

2. Stopping a thai requires ability to speak thai , which he does not.

3. Fine for thai is 200, foreigner 400,pure economics

4. This area is full of rental bikes driven by foreigners without license and no green book, so it's 1000 at least in fines.

On 3 road, corner Pattaya tai, there is a daily police check point, everyone gets stopped.

To answer why he would, because he deeply thinks and believes by "assisting " police he is one of the boys with "connections"

Not true .

Passed many times not stopped.

By everyone it means both thai and foreigner, and just because you passed many times it does not make it not true, doh

It seems that a short lesson in logic is required here. For those who understand the point, please forgive my having to spell it out:

The sentence, "everyone gets stopped at Checkpoint X" and the sentence "I was never stopped at Checkpoint X despite passing it many times" are mutually exclusive. That means that neither can both be true. Either the first sentence is true or the second is true but not both. If you believe the second sentence, then you cannot believe the first one. So when Onemorechang says that he passed the checkpoint many times and was not stopped, he has negated the claim that everyone is stopped (assuming that he is telling the truth - but this is not what you are challenging) .

4. This area is full of rental bikes driven by foreigners without license and no green book, so it's 1000 at least in fines.

On 3 road, corner Pattaya tai, there is a daily police check point, everyone gets stopped.

To answer why he would, because he deeply thinks and believes by "assisting " police he is one of the boys with "connections"

Are volunteers alowed (by law) to write tickets?

Nope, they can only operate in presence of real police and under police instruction

• Like 1

Not true .

Passed many times not stopped.

By everyone it means both thai and foreigner, and just because you passed many times it does not make it not true, doh

It seems that a short lesson in logic is required here. For those who understand the point, please forgive my having to spell it out:

The sentence, "everyone gets stopped at Checkpoint X" and the sentence "I was never stopped at Checkpoint X despite passing it many times" are mutually exclusive. That means that neither can both be true. Either the first sentence is true or the second is true but not both. If you believe the second sentence, then you cannot believe the first one. So when Onemorechang says that he passed the checkpoint many times and was not stopped, he has negated the claim that everyone is stopped (assuming that he is telling the truth - but this is not what you are challenging) .

Thank you for your lessons, forum Would not be a forum without highly educated people like yourself.

Here is a lesson for you, do try to keep up.

OP stated only foreigners were a target.

I stated another check point everyone is stopped.

So do try to use brain and some logic in the context of the thread.

1. If that is the case Thais should be targeted as they are bigger offenders and more dangerous.

2. If we talk about Dave from the TV show he can speak Thai, that is why they use him as an uncle Tom.

3. Not economics, pure hate of westerners or guava fruits as we are called.

4. Then it is time to crack down on the renters who rent bikes to unlicensed persons.

Do not know to cry or to laugh at your complete lack of common sense.

I had the same feeling about your post.

1. If that is the case Thais should be targeted as they are bigger offenders and more dangerous.

2. If we talk about Dave from the TV show he can speak Thai, that is why they use him as an uncle Tom.

3. Not economics, pure hate of westerners or guava fruits as we are called.

4. Then it is time to crack down on the renters who rent bikes to unlicensed persons.

Do not know to cry or to laugh at your complete lack of common sense.

I had the same feeling about your post.

Not surprising, when common sense is absent

Depending of how you dress and what you ride can make a difference of being stopped or not being stopped.

If you ride a typical rental scooter and dressed in shorts and flip flops, they will likely stop you, because you look like a tourist.

When I ride my big bike, I am dressed up with biker boots/biker gloves/mesh jacket and expensive full face helmet and they very very seldom stops me.

On the scooters, I often rides in jeans and sometimes light gloves and good shoes and again, they very seldom stops me.

The dude is bored in his retirement. Laughing at him will only encourage him

Let's go easy on him! He is just a sad, pathetic little man trying to find justification for his existence in that den of iniquity.

You have to be a particularly insecure and desperate individual to, let's face it, subordinate yourself to our much admired Royal Thai Police, right?!! In the UK he'd be tested and possibly sectioned.

There is a term for what he is doing, or what he has become.......what was it?.......hasn't been used for 70-odd years......... Oh Yes!!!!

QUIZLING!!!

wai2.gif

Depending of how you dress and what you ride can make a difference of being stopped or not being stopped.

If you ride a typical rental scooter and dressed in shorts and flip flops, they will likely stop you, because you look like a tourist.

When I ride my big bike, I am dressed up with biker boots/biker gloves/mesh jacket and expensive full face helmet and they very very seldom stops me.

On the scooters, I often rides in jeans and sometimes light gloves and good shoes and again, they very seldom stops me.

Changing safety equipment for different bikes why ?

the road is the same and other drivers are the same, the scooter you have can go fast enough for you to die, why the change?

or is it just a biker image thing ?

Sorry could not resist it.

think all bikers would look great on a Fino in full leathers and full face crack hat and gloves. biggrin.png

post-188880-0-05321400-1426339226_thumb.

Edited by onemorechang

I think with big bikes, its not so much what you wear, but the fact if you do not return on time with paid ticket, having it towed is not as easy as a scooter.

I never ever get pulled over if i am with one of my dogs. NO matter if i do not have a helmet or half naked, they wave me in, but when see a dog, let me go.

When its a hassle, they do not want to bother and waste time when plenty of other fish to fry

Edited by konying

I won't stop for a rent a cop period they have zero authority . They have to get a real cop to give you a ticket. Just wave and keep on going. The only place I will stop is at the inspection station near the Kawasaki shop they have the brown & yellow Highway patrol(or the equivalent) & can ruin your day. I do not have a clue why anyone would waste their retirement time to have people dislike them.

I think with big bikes, its not so much what you wear, but the fact if you do not return on time with paid ticket, having it towed is not as easy as a scooter.

I never ever get pulled over if i am with one of my dogs. NO matter if i do not have a helmet or half naked, they wave me in, but when see a dog, let me go.

When its a hassle, they do not want to bother and waste time when plenty of other fish to fry

that's not nice to talk about thai people like that!!!!!!

very bad man.

Last Summer I saw a rather tall stocky man, a farrang in a brown police uniform waving riders over outside the Police Station on Beach Road, it was left to other 'officers' obviously Thai to issue a ticket if needed.

Does this description fit the person the posting is about, as I watched this guy for ages and wondered what an obvious non Thai was doing wearing a Police Uniform and flagging riders down.

I haven't come accross him when riding either my Honda Silverwing or Honda Click, but if I am flagged down by him I'll certainly be asking to see whatever doccument he has that entitles him to do so, if he doesn't have any I'll just talk about sex and travel to him

• Like 1

Traffic police suffer extremely high rates of various diseases, starting from serious respiratory problems all the way to cancers. Basically, breathing polluted air all day isn't good. For a geriatric to choose to do this voluntarily beggars belief. These guys must be pretty desperate for a little power over others to need to do this, or they are just too stupid to know the health risks. Either way, doubt anyone will care whether they end up ill or get run over.

Expat tourist cop stopping tourists. I think this is what they told him to do.

I think the really sad thing is that they are wasting time on such petty things when they could use there time to really make a difference.

Difference like what?

Checking for STD's and then curing it.

If someone is foolish enough to stop for him, that's on them.

It would be tragic if someone sped by and knee capped him. He should be careful darting out in front of moving cars and bikes.

Next time one of you are arrested for something and you need someone to speak english hope this guy is not there for you . He may just feed you to the wolves

If you live in Thailand and can't speak enough Thai to handle the situation, you deserve to get thrown "to the wolves."

Chances are, he doesn't speak Thai anyway. Most foreign tourist police only speak enough to sound like an idiot.

Next time one of you are arrested for something and you need someone to speak english hope this guy is not there for you . He may just feed you to the wolves

Yeah, right. In trouble with police, but saved by tourist police. Happens every day!

• Like 2