Volunteer policeman on second road

Tham1

Aliens are forbidden to wear any Thai Government uniform and no matter what they may claim, they have no legal rights to question , arrest, apprehend (etc.) anyone! Whilst some volunteers who assist police do provide a valuable service, others are just foolish "Wanna Be's" who were failures (or worse) in their country of origin and should have thorough background check before launching themselves into a "Psuedo Carreer" in Thailand. There are cases of some (often self appointed) volunteers having serious criminal records overseas; - This farce should have been exposed years ago!

• Like 1

OP, the reasons why he stopped foreigners are

1. Thais would not stop for him and most likely run him over as well.

2. Stopping a thai requires ability to speak thai , which he does not.

3. Fine for thai is 200, foreigner 400,pure economics

4. This area is full of rental bikes driven by foreigners without license and no green book, so it's 1000 at least in fines.

On 3 road, corner Pattaya tai, there is a daily police check point, everyone gets stopped.

To answer why he would, because he deeply thinks and believes by "assisting " police he is one of the boys with "connections"

Are volunteers alowed (by law) to write tickets?

Nope, they can only operate in presence of real police and under police instruction

You mean there are real police in Thailand?

• Like 1

I got pulled over by real police recently.

Spoke fine English, dealt with me politely and sent me on my way after seeing my licence.

Some of them were big enough to take care of themselves readily, but a gun also helps in that department.

I can see foreign volunteers being useful where language barriers exist, and plugging a shortage in numbers, but they do need to have limits. They are obviously of a particular mindset that needs to be watched carefully. Of course they are no use for stopping locals, they are unlikely to speak good enough Thai and the locals would not appreciate it.. they do not think much of their own police never mind farang toy ones lording over them.

I dislike discriminatory policing and this sounds just like that.

• Like 1

Next time one of you are arrested for something and you need someone to speak english hope this guy is not there for you . He may just feed you to the wolves

. Jesus Christo, A Mall Cop Apologist, You sounds like a Tourist Cop Yourself

I see no reason to despise these guys. It isn't something I would do and I personally do not think much of them, but surely they can be helpful. Its like an unpaid old guy performing security functions. Keeps them active, gives them purpose and routine... would you have them joining the 1st beer with breakfast lot?

Certainly those speaking multiple languages could help in accident and criminal situations. Swiss must be particularly useful. Anyhow I think we were talking Foreign Police Volunteers rather than the Tourist Police assistants. My limited dealings with them have not been onerous, rather polite. I have lesser feelings for the snitches farangs sent in using entrapment.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

This turkey jumped out in front of me and forced me to pull over.

Everything in order. The schmuck was very disappointed I was legal.

Is there anything more pathetic than a farang teaming up with these so called police?

who is this clown? and who gave him the authority to even get close to a foreigner? he gets in front of me and i'll bust him! I came to thiland to get away from clowns like him and be dammed if I will associate with them here! first thing is i wouyld like to see his work permit!

• Like 1

Next time one of you are arrested for something and you need someone to speak english hope this guy is not there for you . He may just feed you to the wolves

. Jesus Christo, A Mall Cop Apologist, You sounds like a Tourist Cop Yourself

I see no reason to despise these guys. It isn't something I would do and I personally do not think much of them, but surely they can be helpful. Its like an unpaid old guy performing security functions. Keeps them active, gives them purpose and routine... would you have them joining the 1st beer with breakfast lot?

Certainly those speaking multiple languages could help in accident and criminal situations. Swiss must be particularly useful. Anyhow I think we were talking Foreign Police Volunteers rather than the Tourist Police assistants. My limited dealings with them have not been onerous, rather polite. I have lesser feelings for the snitches farangs sent in using entrapment.

and just how can he help? the thai police have their own scam and are not about to share it with a falong. how do you know that he can even speak thai? unless he is certified law enforcement (which will never happen here) he has no authority to do anything and if taken to court will lose.

Aliens are forbidden to wear any Thai Government uniform and no matter what they may claim, they have no legal rights to question , arrest, apprehend (etc.) anyone! Whilst some volunteers who assist police do provide a valuable service, others are just foolish "Wanna Be's" who were failures (or worse) in their country of origin and should have thorough background check before launching themselves into a "Psuedo Carreer" in Thailand. There are cases of some (often self appointed) volunteers having serious criminal records overseas; - This farce should have been exposed years ago!

I have seen Dave the guy in the video several times..i believe he is with the Tourist police as oposed to the Foreign Police Volunteers? Someone correct me if im wrong.

and speaks excellent Thai.

As for them having no rights to arrest you...watch the video and you see he s arresting Thais.

Expat tourist cop stopping tourists. I think this is what they told him to do.

I think the really sad thing is that they are wasting time on such petty things when they could use there time to really make a difference.

Difference like what?

Checking for STD's and then curing it.

difference likewhat? tekk you how much "TEA" money the real cops want?

I'd like to see the Police turn this guy loose on the jet ski gang.

It would be mayhem down there, like a scene out of a Rambo or Terminator. Jets skis exploding and the beach littered with bodies.

I'll take back every mean thing I ever said about him if he can pull it off.wai2.gif

Edited by joesanunu

as he hold no authority, he can get my middle finger

I guess you have a Psychology persplex against authority...its imagined in your mind about these people and its only imagination that they if you met them they would order you around etc.

Im not sure why you have that...possible you have been hurt by someone in authority?

The guy could be exact opposite of what you think in your inagination...he might not give a rats boom about what you do.

Im sure there are some Bush type Psychologists who could explain it better...

as he hold no authority, he can get my middle finger

I guess you have a Psychology persplex against authority...its imagined in your mind about these people and its only imagination that they if you met them they would order you around etc.

Im not sure why you have that...possible you have been hurt by someone in authority?

The guy could be exact opposite of what you think in your inagination...he might not give a rats boom about what you do.

Im sure there are some Bush type Psychologists who could explain it better...

I'm willing to be that there are some bush type linguists who can spell it better also.

• Like 1