I Just Annoyed A Chef -

phrodan

What do you mean had a go at you? What actually happened?

Sounds like he made a wrong assumption, confronted you and acted totally inappropriate and unprofessional esp As the owner was there and was taking care of the customers in the dining room.

Sounds like he made a wrong assumption, confronted you and acted totally inappropriate and unprofessional esp As the owner was there and was taking care of the customers in the dining room.

I suppose you could say that - but on the other hand the man wasn't happy at the idea one of his customers wasn't satisfied. I think that's a good thing.

@uptheos - no. What would the point of that be?

Anyway - I was needing a caffeine boost and even that didn't work

Edited by phrodan

Glad you enjoying being annoyed, you just might enjoy my posts then smile.png

Did want to add that I felt the same and fully blame the air quality

Now back to what the facts are about the Chef beating you up or whatever the story is, do tell!!

• Like 1

Now back to what the facts are about the Chef beating you up or whatever the story is, do tell!!

It was merely verbal and a strop - body language goes a long way.

A lot of times on the forums we see threads that say Thais don't give an eff about their work quality/customer service etc - This guy cared. I appreciate that.

• Like 2

I suppose you could say that - but on the other hand the man wasn't happy at the idea one of his customers wasn't satisfied. I think that's a good thing.

@uptheos - no. What would the point of that be?

Anyway - I was needing a caffeine boost and even that didn't work

The chef sounds like a dick. He should have stayed in his kitchen. If he really must come out into the restaurant he should have politely asked if there was a problem with the food you ordered.

• Like 1

A lot of times on the forums we see threads that say Thais don't give an eff about their work quality/customer service etc - This guy cared. I appreciate that.

Chef spoke English ...... unusual in Thailand.

OP: You've found yourself a good restaurant.

You, (the customer,) returned the plate to the kitchen, or what's more important the wait staff did it, and the chef came out to see if something was wrong. You got excellent service.

I've done the same thing where the kitchen has screwed up. Once I ordered a Caesar salad for 230 baht. It came made of iceberg lettuce. I sent it back. Then my fettuccine Alfredo came with ants on the plate. I sent that back too. The chef did come out, but he was too shy to speak to me. He just sort of lurked around and did and said nothing.

• Like 2

I think it's great that not only the Chef cared but did something when a plate of food came back to the kitchen (which wasn't smack you).

But he didn't handle it correctly.

btw I thought this was an English language only forum, "go at me"? "strop"?? Wish I understood what you were saying.

• Like 1

I think it's great that not only the Chef cared but did something when a plate of food came back to the kitchen (which wasn't smack you).

btw I thought this was an English language only forum, "go at me"? "strop"?? Wish I understood what you were saying.

Smack me if you like, but any chef in Thailand who cares enough to come out and deal with guests gets 10+ points for a job well done. I'll give him a minus two for lack of English skills and finesse.

The vast majority of restaurants serving tourists in Thailand simply don't care. Even some farang owned restaurants, many of them don't care. I've sent many "Fish and Chips" back to the kitchen because their fish was off. Off means "rotten"... and they did not care.

• Like 2

Chef spoke English ...... unusual in Thailand.

I didn't say he spoke English.

• Like 1

Smack me if you like, but any chef in Thailand who cares enough to come out and deal with guests gets 10+ points for a job well done. I'll give him a minus two for lack of English skills and finesse.

The vast majority of restaurants serving tourists in Thailand simply don't care. Even some farang owned restaurants, many of them don't care. I've sent many "Fish and Chips" back to the kitchen because their fish was off. Off means "rotten"... and they did not care.

Yes, Top Marks to the Restaurant, the staff and the Chef (maybe he's the owner?) GIVE US THE NAME OF THE PLACE...PLEASE!!!

This is like the children's game when one whispers something into the ear on the kid next to him and and it continues down the line until the last child repeats a completely different thing.

The OP and other posters mentioned the Chef was not the owner nor was it said that he spoke English.

Reading these responses I wonder if people actually read what they are responding to and btw I don't think the Op wants to name the place, even if you yell at him. (But if you google Thai Gordon Ramsey you might find a link for him.)

Now I'm becoming annoyed so phrodan you on a roll, 2 annoyed Chefs and counting!coffee1.gif

Edited by junglechef
  • Like 2

This is like the children's game when one whispers something into the ear on the kid next to him and and it continues down the line until the last child repeats a completely different thing.

The OP and other posters mentioned the Chef was not the owner nor was it said that he spoke English.

Reading these responses I wonder if people actually read what they are responding to and btw I don't think the Op wants to name the place, even if you yell at him. (But if you google Thai Gordon Ramsey you might find a link for him.)

Now I'm becoming annoyed so phrodan you on a roll, 2 annoyed Chefs and counting!coffee1.gif

I'm not naming the restaurant on the open forum after the debacle that the Mad Dog thread became. I'll pm you -

Anyone else that would like to know, PM me.

• Like 1

Yes, Top Marks to the Restaurant, the staff and the Chef (maybe he's the owner?) GIVE US THE NAME OF THE PLACE...PLEASE!!!

McDonalds.

xmas09_customronald.jpg

Good friend is a Chef in D.C., Google "How to annoy a Chef" for all the stories. (They will reluctantly ruin your Filet Mignon for you if you want it "well done", etc..) There have always been people who expect special treatment and extras, comped plates sent back to the kitchen after they have scarfed half of it, and free desserts on "birthdays", but he said by far the most annoying thing is the recent social media phenomena. Diners threatening to write negative Yelp! and Trip Advisor reviews before they even sit down.

Some these reviews are hilarious, even in CM. Some jerk on Trip advisor went in to Why Not?, didn't like his food and walked out without paying. He is then outraged to be confronted by the owner, as if this is normal and acceptable behavior.

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 2