First Chinese tourist fined for breaking wash basin rule

Thaivisa News

Don't wash your feet in the sink, but don't mind if we spit in the same sink and piss on the wall in front of your kids.

Don't spit on the floor, but don't mind if we do it.

Don't litter, but don't mind if we litter as if we're all going to die tomorrow.

Don't poop in the moat in Chiang Mai, but... oh never mind, that was one of us. But we're gonna keep saying it was you anyway.

Don't drive your bikes and scooters like idiots, but we'll keep on renting them to you even if you don't know how to drive.

Don't kick our sacred bells at the temple, but don't mind our jet setting monks who smoke yaabaa and hire hookers on temple grounds.

Don't do yoga at our temples, but don't mind us having huge Muay Thai boxing matches at them.

And while we're at it, don't complain when you're attacked by our taxi, tuk tuk and baht bus drivers. Just be thankful we allow you to visit here.

Oh... and you're going to get fined for doing stuff now. It will cost you more to wash your feet in our sink than it does when we murder a tourist. But we're not going to write the signs in Mandarin AND Cantonese right away, or maybe not at all, just to make sure we get ya one more time before you go home.

Enjoy your stay.

Wow You list of grievances sound to me like you need a long visit to your home country for a wake up call.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

If Chinese could behave like civilized people, there would be no need to complain.

Nobody with common sense washes their feet and footwear in wash basins, only them.

Another specialty from the cavemen.

Terrible view you state about your fellow human as Cavemanmfr_closed1.gif

If Chinese could behave like civilized people, there would be no need to complain.

Nobody with common sense washes their feet and footwear in wash basins, only them.

I wash my sandals, flip flops, sneakers, shoes, boots in my sink at Home, but never in a public place and I am not a caveman. Chinese are not th only ones that wash their feet in publc................other cultures dom but I am not mentioning the here.

Muslims before prayer...........

For me personally its irrelevant if the sign is in Chinese or not, why the frick would anyone be so disrespectful as to put your dirty stinking feet somewhere that someone washes their hands and face, Chinese are a dirty race with no respect for anyone but themselves!

Hateful terrible post.xmfr_closed1.gif.pagespeed.ic.UuJWYpOV2u

• Like 1

For me personally its irrelevant if the sign is in Chinese or not, why the frick would anyone be so disrespectful as to put your dirty stinking feet somewhere that someone washes their hands and face, Chinese are a dirty race with no respect for anyone but themselves!

mick ! good wording !1

Racist.

Muslims frequently use hand basins to wash their feet. It is very common as part of pre prayer ablutions.

Even wash their feet in the kitchen sinks of their restaurants http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/11254837/Chef-caught-washing-feet-in-kitchen-sink.html

Hateful terrible post.xmfr_closed1.gif.pagespeed.ic.UuJWYpOV2u

are u in training to be a moderator?

Have I missed something, my feet get washed with the rest of me at shower time. I might wash my face in the wash room from time to time when it's hot or when get a bit dusty riding the motorbike.

Any way educate this lot on the planes or through the tour companies.

u need 2 wash your feet more so they dont stink

And on rolls the centuries old ripping on the asians, now even the asians get in on it, and its the chinese now at the bottom of the barrel. Just wait till north koreans are it... or whichever country next becomes financially secure enough to become tourists in much higher class countries like thailand. Admittedly a large number of CN tourists have little idea on lifestyle and behaviour outside of china and little idea of manners and inappropriate behaviours in the wider world.

Its as serious in Thailand as it is in China, however Thailand has much exposure to foreigners not so much most of China.

We used to get this in the bathrooms at the office in the Middle East just prior to prayer time.

(Obliged to wash feet prior to praying).

The company refitted the bathrooms with appliances suitable for the washing of feet.

The Thailand National Parks often involve a lot of trekking to see some sight (cave or waterfall) often through mud and puddles. Being able to clean your feet and footwear when you get back is required, perhaps before re-boarding a coach. Supply the means to do so.... utilise the recently inflated entrance charges foreigners have to pay to such places.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

I wonder if the wash basin rule is just that, a rule and simply a request, or whether it is actually a real law. If it's a law then it has been enacted very quickly. If it's not a law then what authority does the park have to take money from visitors?

• Like 1

Very simple solution:

Place a wash basin on ground level outside the restrooms so our Chinese friends (and the rest of us) can wash their feet without insulting anyone!!

I'm pretty sure they will take a shxx in it. It doesn't work.

Now we just need people to stop drying their pubes with the hairdryers in the gym...

It sends a shiver down my spine when warm pube air washes over me as I pass.

Do people still have pubic hair ?? Thought that was all long gone.