90 day reporting cycle interrupted by leaving the country

I'm quite aware that by exiting Thailand, the 90 report cycle starts again from the date of your re-entry.

I just wonder whether there have been instances of unscrupulous immigration staff who might “try it on” if they see the due date for the next 90 day report has been left attached in the passport – so on the face of it, it looks like you're doing your reporting “late”, although you're not. Maybe try to extort a fine for being “late”.

Obviously you can point to the latest entry stamp, but I've had an instance myself of something happening, which when pointing out the facts, the officer ignored what I said and just kept repeating his “version” of things, to force a bribe.

Edited by bluesofa

Obviously you can point to the latest entry stamp, but I've had an instance myself of something happening, which when pointing out the facts, the officer ignored what I said and just kept repeating his version of things, to force a bribe

Which you paid? If so, why ?

Obviously you can point to the latest entry stamp, but I've had an instance myself of something happening, which when pointing out the facts, the officer ignored what I said and just kept repeating his version of things, to force a bribe

That's an aside, but if you want to know;

It wasn't an immigration issue, but a traffic policeman in Bangkok, about fifteen years ago. I was riding a motorbike on, I think Rama IV. He stopped me on the main road and said that motorbikes weren't allowed to use the flyover,

I told him I hadn't used the flyover, I was travelling along the main road itself. He just kept repeating the same accusation, every time I told him the truth. Obviously after a "fine" for his own pocket.

It was afternoon, and I was on my way to Kanchanaburi. I didn't have time to find, and go to the police station he would otherwise make me go to, I reluctantly paid him the 100 Baht, so I could press on with the journey.

That's an aside, but if you want to know;

It wasn't an immigration issue, but a traffic policeman in Bangkok, about fifteen years ago. I was riding a motorbike on, I think Rama IV. He stopped me on the main road and said that motorbikes weren't allowed to use the flyover,

I told him I hadn't used the flyover, I was travelling along the main road itself. He just kept repeating the same accusation, every time I told him the truth. Obviously after a "fine" for his own pocket.

It was afternoon, and I was on my way to Kanchanaburi. I didn't have time to find, and go to the police station he would otherwise make me go to, I reluctantly paid him the 100 Baht, so I could press on with the journey.

Quite right, I have nightmares that I might be ripped off, over a 90 day report.

Guess my question is the same. Got my retirement Non O on January 28 with the first 90 day report Notice scheduled for April 27.

My re-entry visa is stamped used March 12. So my new 90 day report from what I've read now becomes June 12?

On a side note I have a friend of a friend that claims he hasn't gone in for a 90 day report in 16 years. What do you think?

Guess my question is the same. Got my retirement Non O on January 28 with the first 90 day report Notice scheduled for April 27.

My re-entry visa is stamped used March 12. So my new 90 day report from what I've read now becomes June 12?

On a side note I have a friend of a friend that claims he hasn't gone in for a 90 day report in 16 years. What do you think?

You apparently have an extension of stay based upon retirement not a visa.

You did not get a visa on entry. You got a entry stamp dated March 12th.

Your report will be due on June 9th. It is 90 days not 3 months including the date you enter the country in the count.

I have a related question about 90 day reporting. My next report is due on June 2 but next week I need to visit the immigration office to apply

for a 1-year extension of stay based on retirement. My question is: does my visit to immigration next week reset my 90 day clock or am I still

required to report my address on June 2? I am leaving the country on June 12 so would like to avoid an unnecessary trip to immigration if possible.Thanks.

jwpen, on 22 Mar 2015 - 10:43, said:

I have a related question about 90 day reporting. My next report is due on June 2 but next week I need to visit the immigration office to apply

for a 1-year extension of stay based on retirement. My question is: does my visit to immigration next week reset my 90 day clock or am I still

required to report my address on June 2? I am leaving the country on June 12 so would like to avoid an unnecessary trip to immigration if possible.Thanks.

Amnat Charoen will reset your 90 day report date provided you complete a TM47 and submit it at the same time as your extension application.

• 7 months later...

This thread has been helpful, just to confirm this is still the case that exiting the country restarts the 90 days?

I should check in by today if I stuck to the original 90 days but I left and re-entered last month.

However last year I left the country and didn't know that it reset the 90, I went to immigration on my original 90 days and they just processed it as normal (even though it would have been a couple of months early).....