Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Not sure what all thd fuss is with GPS ( or lack thereof ). Everyone has a smart phone ( plus a tablet normally as well it appears ) both of these devices can be used for directions.

To say th GPS issue is a deal breaker while all other aspects of the vehicle seem to be vet favourable is a bit narrow minded??

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure what all thd fuss is with GPS ( or lack thereof ). Everyone has a smart phone ( plus a tablet normally as well it appears ) both of these devices can be used for directions.

To say th GPS issue is a deal breaker while all other aspects of the vehicle seem to be vet favourable is a bit narrow minded??

I can use a map for directions as well, but I don't want or have to. Thirty years ago I didn't know what all the fuss was with automatic transmissions and air conditioning. Power windows? <deleted>!

I use the GPS quite a bit, and using my phone as a GPS while I'm driving is something of a PITA, as is sticking something to the windshield with a cord dangling down to the cigar lighter.

All that said, I didn't say it WAS a deal breaker, what I said was "...it may be a deal breaker for quite a few people. I don't know that I'd want to get along without it anymore."

I can use a map for directions as well, but I don't want or have to. Thirty years ago I didn't know what all the fuss was with automatic transmissions and air conditioning. Power windows? <deleted>!

I use the GPS quite a bit, and using my phone as a GPS while I'm driving is something of a PITA, as is sticking something to the windshield with a cord dangling down to the cigar lighter.

All that said, I didn't say it WAS a deal breaker, what I said was "...it may be a deal breaker for quite a few people. I don't know that I'd want to get along without it anymore."

Yes, I'm not looking forward to going back to a small screen and dangling wires. I have been 'practicing" with my phone but I much prefer a big screen for GPS ... of course I could get a bolt on one and then it would look like a Revo.

Why would it be a pain in the ass? Punch in the route before you start, then if it has audio ( which most phones do ) it will tell you where to go, not difficult but it's your BBQ - up to you

Why would it be a pain in the ass? Punch in the route before you start, then if it has audio ( which most phones do ) it will tell you where to go, not difficult but it's your BBQ - up to you

I see this from both sides: on one hand, not having GPS is kinda like buying a TV that's not color... on the other hand, paying money of a POS OEM Navigation system that feels eon's behind most GPS apps and has no internet connectivity is a bit like buying a new car with DVD player - today's technical equivalent of the 8-track :P

I see this from both sides: on one hand, not having GPS is kinda like buying a TV that's not color... on the other hand, paying money of a POS OEM Navigation system that feels eon's behind most GPS apps and has no internet connectivity is a bit like buying a new car with DVD player - today's technical equivalent of the 8-track tongue.png

I love using the DVD player in my Triton to play DVD's loaded with MP3 songs. I can also play via a USB stick which is controlled via the Sat Nav unit, but I find there's too much lag time on the USB every time I turn the engine off and on.

I love using the DVD player in my Triton to play DVD's loaded with MP3 songs. I can also play via a USB stick which is controlled via the Sat Nav unit, but I find there's too much lag time on the USB every time I turn the engine off and on.

Good for you :)

I, and practically everyone I know (grandad's and uncles > 60 not included), stopped copying, burning or buying all forms of physical music media a long time ago. If you haven't yet made the quantum leap up to Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music or Tidal, I guess you won't be disappointed by an old school DVD player in a new 2015 car :)

Good for you :)

I, and practically everyone I know (grandad's and uncles > 60 not included), stopped copying, burning or buying all forms of physical music media a long time ago. If you haven't yet made the quantum leap up to Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music or Tidal, I guess you won't be disappointed by an old school DVD player in a new 2015 car :)

You mentioned TuneIn and Bluetooth a couple years ago, and it's all I listen to anymore.

The Kenwood/Garmin unit in the co DMax is pretty good.

I am amazed F does not have this sorted...

Good for you smile.png

I, and practically everyone I know (grandad's and uncles > 60 not included), stopped copying, burning or buying all forms of physical music media a long time ago. If you haven't yet made the quantum leap up to Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music or Tidal, I guess you won't be disappointed by an old school DVD player in a new 2015 car smile.png

So, you can choose whoever (artist, group etc) you want to listen to at any given moment? Just because someone hasn't adapted to the latest technology doesn't necessarily make them a luddite. Would my music sound any better, would it be any more convenient to use? Don't see how putting a DVD into a slot and getting many hours of the music of my choice, and of good quality, is a bad thing. I have no idea what any of the things you mentioned are, Spotify etc, and frankly, I really don't care. I'm not one of those that camps out in front of an Apple store just so they can get the latest gizmo, slaves to technology.

Edited by giddyup

Good for you smile.png

I, and practically everyone I know (grandad's and uncles > 60 not included), stopped copying, burning or buying all forms of physical music media a long time ago. If you haven't yet made the quantum leap up to Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music or Tidal, I guess you won't be disappointed by an old school DVD player in a new 2015 car smile.png

You mentioned TuneIn and Bluetooth a couple years ago, and it's all I listen to anymore.

The Kenwood/Garmin unit in the co DMax is pretty good.

I am amazed F does not have this sorted...

The Kenwood/Garmin unit in the co DMax is pretty good. ...Yes I really like my unit ... works the same as a Garmin ... one snag is that you can't download your POIs AND my unit has wiped them out TWICE ... so they are duplicated on my stand-alone Garmin plus stored in this computer. Looks like I might be doing a Revo type mod!! on the EV

Edited by JAS21

Ok thanks. so it is not available in Thailand yet.

Not officially, no. But it is available officially in MY and SG, which is I guess why the actual streaming doesn't need a VPN.

If by 'available' you mean "does it work?" - yes.

Edited by IMHO

Son has paid premium and downloads here usin a vpn thing whatever that is.

I tried that too. Cannot use a Thai credit card or paypal account.

when I saw it mentioned I was hoping it was now officaly here but alas. It is not. Tune In goes allright though.

Edited by Don Mega

when I saw it mentioned I was hoping it was now officaly here but alas. It is not. Tune In goes allright though.

Deezer is officially available in Thailand, and is arguably the 2nd best to Spotify with ~35M tracks in their library. I still keep a Deezer subscription for their "flow" feature - which is the best "I guess you'll like this track feature" of it's type.

Apple Music is also officially available, and if you use iTunes has the added benefit of merging your own music library with their streaming one - which is great because they all miss some tracks / some mixes from time to time. Their currently charting playlists/radio stations are also the most reflective of actual charts, because they leverage off itunes sales as well. The others tend to have their own charts which are all over the place. For extra money you can activate their 'genius' feature, which is similar to Deezer's included 'flow'.

Tidal is also available, but lags behind the others on their content library (only ~25 million songs) - it's premium option has lossless audio, just like Spotify premium, but the curated playlists are not to my liking - so you'd better know what you want to listen to...

All of them support offline listening BTW - you don't need to eat up your 3G when out on the road..

Edited by IMHO

I have only Thai CC's and PayPal. Guess I got lucky.... Maybe they've got better at detecting Thai payments in the past year or so? My account still works though ;)

I have only Thai CC's and PayPal. Guess I got lucky.... Maybe they've got better at detecting Thai payments in the past year or so? My account still works though wink.png

My last attempt was 6 months ago.

I dont have too many mates that will sign me up to something on their credit card.

Sign up for Deezer then - it's the next best, and it's only 155 Baht/mth (first month free)...

Edited by IMHO

I dont have too many mates that will sign me up to something on their credit card.

Sign up for Deezer then - it's the next best, and it's only 155 Baht/mth (first month free)...

Why pay for music when I can download everything I want for free?

Indeed, some of us have huge digital music libraries, and only add new things we like, but I guess we will have to do this sometime.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Indeed, some of us have huge digital music libraries, and only add new things we like, but I guess we will have to do this sometime.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Try a free trial... the amount of music you'll love, but have never heard before, will surprise. Plus there's just the convenience of never having to search, download, maybe even recode, then archive/load onto another form of storage to play it... It just works - search for a track and you'll not only find it immediately, it's playing a couple of seconds later - and if you put it into your own playlist, available offline too... just like that.

Edited by IMHO

Try a free trial... the amount of music you'll love, but have never heard before, will surprise. Plus there's just the convenience of never having to search, download, maybe even recode, then archive/load onto another form of storage to play it... It just works - search for a track and you'll not only find it immediately, it's playing a couple of seconds later - and if you put it into your own playlist, available offline too... just like that.

Who sits in their car searching for one track? Downloading music doesn't actually require you to sit in front of the computer for hours, neither does transferring it to a USB stick, CD or DVD. I have hours and hours of my favourite music recorded, but if i want to select a particular song from a particular album I can still do it, but I prefer to listen to full albums. Or alternatively I can just hit random play.

Who sits in their car searching for one track? Downloading music doesn't actually require you to sit in front of the computer for hours, neither does transferring it to a USB stick, CD or DVD. I have hours and hours of my favourite music recorded, but if i want to select a particular song from a particular album I can still do it, but I prefer to listen to full albums. Or alternatively I can just hit random play.

LOL. Maybe you should try a free trial too, so you have a basic understanding.. not only can you play a full album, you can see and play every single album an artist has ever released, and all the various artists compilations, and playlist created by music experts, and playlists created by other users, and radio stations targeted at the genre's you like / mood you're in, and you have all the correct album art, backstories, bio's etc. And it analyizes the music you listen to, and the music you don't like, and creates automatic playlists of songs you know, and songs you don't but will love.. etc etc etc. It even has the lyrics, properly timed on screen just like Karaoke, so you can sing along if so inclined smile.png

Downloading simply is no comparison, and it's illegal smile.png

Here you go, just click the link and sign up: http://www.deezer.com/en/

If you enjoy music, you won't regret it smile.png

Edited by IMHO