Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

The car was delivered today - so there's 375KM of driving without a service issue..phew!

I thought Fords were meant to break down as you left the dealership? biggrin.png

Fix Or Repair Daily...

Found On Road Dead...

First On Race Day...

Thanks, mate smile.png

I always thought it stood for: Flawless On/Off Road Dominance

silly me tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The car was delivered today - so there's 375KM of driving without a service issue..phew!

I thought Fords were meant to break down as you left the dealership? biggrin.png

Just returned from the Ford dealership in Ubon today. They have the basic spec Everest there being used as a demo vehicle.

The sales girl showed me a top spec model that the owner was coming to collect. Its a cracking looking vehicle and the seats are amazing even being in the light color.

I had a peek in the work shop and had my wife ask the mechanic if these 3.2 units give any issues. There was 3 engines sitting in parts and he said they have some oil pump issue and there was one that had the gear box pulled and was waiting for a new replacement. The boss then came out and told my wife we were not allowed in the workshop.

I asked the sales girl if I was to order a new top spec Everest today when would it arrive and she told me no chance for this year and she would have to check with Bangkok regarding 2016.

his m

Just returned from the Ford dealership in Ubon today. They have the basic spec Everest there being used as a demo vehicle.

The sales girl showed me a top spec model that the owner was coming to collect. Its a cracking looking vehicle and the seats are amazing even being in the light color.

I had a peek in the work shop and had my wife ask the mechanic if these 3.2 units give any issues. There was 3 engines sitting in parts and he said they have some oil pump issue and there was one that had the gear box pulled and was waiting for a new replacement. The boss then came out and told my wife we were not allowed in the workshop.

I asked the sales girl if I was to order a new top spec Everest today when would it arrive and she told me no chance for this year and she would have to check with Bangkok regarding 2016.

Not allowed to post links to other forums.. but if you decide you want one, there's numerous salespeople advertising Oct/Nov deliveries at "EverestClubThailand". Some of them even 'selling' allocations for this month.

Also, bear in mind that both diesel engines have been revised.. I would stand to reason they have fixed the known issues (no manufacturer wants a bay full of warranty jobs). I'll be validating that for at least one known issue in the Ranger thread soon.

Edited by IMHO

his m

Not allowed to post links to other forums.. but if you decide you want one, there's numerous salespeople advertising Oct/Nov deliveries at "EverestClubThailand". Some of them even 'selling' allocations for this month.

Also, bear in mind that both diesel engines have been revised.. I would stand to reason they have fixed the known issues (no manufacturer wants a bay full of warranty jobs). I'll be validating that for at least one known issue in the Ranger thread soon.

I will not jump on this particular model till I have seen some owner reports when they have accumulated a decent amount of kms. The vehicles in Oz are good for accurate reports as they don't get to dick around with the customers over there same as Thailand.

I was sent this site by a friend in Oz after you register you can view the whole package some interesting reading there.

http://newranger.net/forums/index.php?sid=eef4aeca8306a053f62444293373c87a

Yes, I'm not looking forward to going back to a small screen and dangling wires. I have been 'practicing" with my phone but I much prefer a big screen for GPS ... of course I could get a bolt on one and then it would look like a Revo.

On this, if you tap around on the touchscreen where GPS is in other markets, there's a "Where am I?" button. Tapping this gets you an accurate Latitude and Longitude (confirmed with a Garmin). This indicates that the GPS hardware is still there - it's just missing from the software.. i.e. there's hope for a software solution.

post-163537-0-52484900-1440063452_thumb.

Edited by IMHO

Yes, I'm not looking forward to going back to a small screen and dangling wires. I have been 'practicing" with my phone but I much prefer a big screen for GPS ... of course I could get a bolt on one and then it would look like a Revo.

On this, if you tap around on the touchscreen where GPS is in other markets, there's a "Where am I?" button. Tapping this gets you an accurate Latitude and Longitude (confirmed with a Garmin). This indicates that the GPS hardware is still there - it's just missing from the software.. i.e. there's hope for a software solution.

whereami.jpg

Interesting ... I said somewhere earlier that a Ford guy told me the only reason for no GPS is that they won't pay for a licence ..... maybe someone will eventually 'find' some software ....

Prolly more to do with paying to have the software use Thai language rather than the actual licence cost.

That will be it... I have been playing with voice control on my phone contact list... it works perfect for English names, but fails completely on Thai names (in Thai script). If I transliterate a Thai name to English, it then only works if I use totally incorrect pronunciation.

Mr IMHO

When you get time can you report on the self-parking feature. I have been told that you set 'a button' then drive along a row of parked cars at less than 30kph and about half a cars width away from the parked cars. When the system sees a gap big enough it does the biz .... if you touch the steering wheel then the system trips out ... sounds wonderful ... wonder about the warranty if it curbs your alloys ...whistling.gif

I have it on my Focus. It uses the parking sensors to find the gap. It tells you to stop, put in reverse and keep speed under 10km I think. It then reverse parks, asks for D, and lines itself up. Very clever but a little un nerving.

Mr IMHO

When you get time can you report on the self-parking feature. I have been told that you set 'a button' then drive along a row of parked cars at less than 30kph and about half a cars width away from the parked cars. When the system sees a gap big enough it does the biz .... if you touch the steering wheel then the system trips out ... sounds wonderful ... wonder about the warranty if it curbs your alloys ...whistling.gif

I can report the button is there, and pressing it tells you to drive slowly while it seeks a gap. My house is all perpendicular parking though, so no oppty to try it out yet.

Mr IMHO

I can report the button is there, and pressing it tells you to drive slowly while it seeks a gap. My house is all perpendicular parking though, so no oppty to try it out yet.

I needn't have asked ... I just found this ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW-MhoLImqg

IMHO

Question for you please. I couldn't get an answer due to my ineptitude at speaking Thai. When putting the gear into S, does it just let you shift the gears yourself or does it change the gear gear change points. My Focus does this, when in S it holds the gear longer, changes gear quicker, livens the car up. I had a test drive of a 2.2 today but not long enough to get a feel of the gearbox.

Damn it drives nice though, so quiet inside, really really quiet. Took a 3.2 ranger out after to see the powe difference.

Can't wait for my T+ in October.

Thanks

Edited by Disting

IMHO

Question for you please. I couldn't get an answer due to my ineptitude at speaking Thai. When putting the gear into S, does it just let you shift the gears yourself or does it change the gear gear change points. My Focus does this, when in S it holds the gear longer, changes gear quicker, livens the car up. I had a test drive of a 2.2 today but not long enough to get a feel of the gearbox.

Damn it drives nice though, so quiet inside, really really quiet. Took a 3.2 ranger out after to see the powe difference.

Can't wait for my T+ in October.

Thanks

It lets you shift yourself - I have not played with that much other than to confirm it works though - but I suspect like all auto transmissions, won't let you do something silly, like go to 1st at 100km/hr, or hold it at redline. I've only driven about 50KM in it so far - the delivery driver has driven it 7x further than me.... The biggest test I've done so far was a full throttle launch (using brakes to load up the torque converter tongue.png ) with the 2 left wheels on loose gravel, followed by the same but with the 2 rear wheels on the gravel - the traction control / torque slit systems did their things nicely tongue.png

The 3.2L is a little noisier than the 2.2L inside the car - I drove one for 5 mins while at the temple this morning getting mine blessed ;) Still very quiet though - I'm talking small differences.

Edited by IMHO

I drove one for 5 mins while at the temple this morning getting mine blessed wink.png

That is an optional extra? ... I thought it came fully loaded. I have to admit that I thought the 2.2L was somewhat noisy under heavy acceleration, so the 3.2L is worse!. Still can't wait for it to arrive though.

I drove one for 5 mins while at the temple this morning getting mine blessed wink.png

That is an optional extra? ... I thought it came fully loaded. I have to admit that I thought the 2.2L was somewhat noisy under heavy acceleration, so the 3.2L is worse!. Still can't wait for it to arrive though.

When I turned up to the temple yesterday morning, there was someone else there getting their 2.2L Titanium blessed as well :)

My comparison was under feather weight acceleration - you tend to have a lot of mechanical sympathy when driving someone else's 1 day old car, with them in the passenger seat :P In any case, it was minor.. Maybe it's just the different sound of the 5-pot that makes it seem a little more prominent.

When I turned up to the temple yesterday morning, there was someone else there getting their 2.2L Titanium blessed as well smile.png

My comparison was under feather weight acceleration - you tend to have a lot of mechanical sympathy when driving someone else's 1 day old car, with them in the passenger seat tongue.png In any case, it was minor.. Maybe it's just the different sound of the 5-pot that makes it seem a little more prominent.

Congratulations on your new Everest Titanium+! clap2.gif Looking forward to all the personal updates from you new owners. coffee1.gif

IMHO, is there Active Noise Cancellation in the Thai Spec model, enjoy the new ride ! thumbsup.gif

There is for sure in the 3.2L Titanium+, not sure about the lower grades. This photo shows the 3 mics the system uses:

post-163537-0-91344800-1440227956_thumb.

I have driven 2 different everests from 2 different dealers on test drive. Both had dash cams mounted up by the rear view mirror. From the drivers seat they were not visible. The wiring went up into the roof trim. I am asking the wife to find out where they are fitted as I want one but never wanted the dangling wires to a power socket. Makes me think can they fit a rear facing one and hide the wiring too.

I have driven 2 different everests from 2 different dealers on test drive. Both had dash cams mounted up by the rear view mirror. From the drivers seat they were not visible. The wiring went up into the roof trim. I am asking the wife to find out where they are fitted as I want one but never wanted the dangling wires to a power socket. Makes me think can they fit a rear facing one and hide the wiring too.

Please share that info ....

Not sure what all thd fuss is with GPS ( or lack thereof ). Everyone has a smart phone ( plus a tablet normally as well it appears ) both of these devices can be used for directions.

To say th GPS issue is a deal breaker while all other aspects of the vehicle seem to be vet favourable is a bit narrow minded??

Err no

Have not got or ever had a Smart Phone, Tablet or GPS..... am I doing something wrong ?

I do have a little stick on compass so I know if I am going North, South, East or West.. does that count ?

I do have a little stick on compass so I know if I am going North, South, East or West.. does that count ?

Does it spin round when you rev the engine .......

GPS on a decent size screen is very useful ... I have been using the Maps app ... had to buy a data package to get it to work properly ... it's OK but I need to wear glasses .....

A GPS is only useful if you use one. For guys going to the same places all the time, or know how to get everywhere they are going, it's useless.

It's like a vanity mirror on the passenger side. If you're not married, it's useless. If you are married, it is critical.

I go a lot of places I've never been before in areas where I am not able to read the signs. Could I get along without it? Sure. Do I want to get along without it? No. Do I have to get along without it? No. If I had my heart set on a new Everest I'd just wait until F got it sorted.

It is worth noting that (as I understand it) most smart phones are do not contain a GPS but rather emulate a GPS. If you don't have a signal, it doesn't work. The upside is that it works inside buildings and whatnot.

I use a stick-on Garmin when I travel. I used to use my phone but aside from being a PITA, it burns through a good bit of data which can get costly.

A GPS is only useful if you use one. For guys going to the same places all the time, or know how to get everywhere they are going, it's useless.

It's like a vanity mirror on the passenger side. If you're not married, it's useless. If you are married, it is critical.

I go a lot of places I've never been before in areas where I am not able to read the signs. Could I get along without it? Sure. Do I want to get along without it? No. Do I have to get along without it? No. If I had my heart set on a new Everest I'd just wait until F got it sorted.

It is worth noting that (as I understand it) most smart phones are do not contain a GPS but rather emulate a GPS. If you don't have a signal, it doesn't work. The upside is that it works inside buildings and whatnot.

I use a stick-on Garmin when I travel. I used to use my phone but aside from being a PITA, it burns through a good bit of data which can get costly.

There are plenty of offline GPS apps for phones that work just like (or even better than) a Garmin.. One example is Sygic: http://www.sygic.com/

If only they supported Ford Applink...