Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Try a free trial... the amount of music you'll love, but have never heard before, will surprise. Plus there's just the convenience of never having to search, download, maybe even recode, then archive/load onto another form of storage to play it... It just works - search for a track and you'll not only find it immediately, it's playing a couple of seconds later - and if you put it into your own playlist, available offline too... just like that.

Who sits in their car searching for one track? Downloading music doesn't actually require you to sit in front of the computer for hours, neither does transferring it to a USB stick, CD or DVD. I have hours and hours of my favourite music recorded, but if i want to select a particular song from a particular album I can still do it, but I prefer to listen to full albums. Or alternatively I can just hit random play.

LOL. Maybe you should try a free trial too, so you have a basic understanding.. not only can you play a full album, you can see and play every single album and artist has ever released, and all the various artists compilations, and playlist created by music experts, and playlists created by other users, and radio stations targeted at the genre's you like / mood you're in, and you have all the correct album art, backstories, bio's etc. And it analyizes the music you listen to, and the music you don't like, and creates automatic playlists of songs you know, and songs you don't but will love.. etc etc etc.

Downloading simply is no comparison, and it's illegal smile.png

I can find every song/album by the artist now, I can also select any genre of music I want on internet radio. Sometimes there's a thing as too much choice. I have thousands of songs downloaded already, in fact more music than I have the time to listen to, offering even more choices to me is like offering a man another 5 course meal when he's already full. For some people it seems like it's more about the technology than the actual music.

Edited by giddyup

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try a free trial... the amount of music you'll love, but have never heard before, will surprise. Plus there's just the convenience of never having to search, download, maybe even recode, then archive/load onto another form of storage to play it... It just works - search for a track and you'll not only find it immediately, it's playing a couple of seconds later - and if you put it into your own playlist, available offline too... just like that.

Who sits in their car searching for one track? Downloading music doesn't actually require you to sit in front of the computer for hours, neither does transferring it to a USB stick, CD or DVD. I have hours and hours of my favourite music recorded, but if i want to select a particular song from a particular album I can still do it, but I prefer to listen to full albums. Or alternatively I can just hit random play.

LOL. Maybe you should try a free trial too, so you have a basic understanding.. not only can you play a full album, you can see and play every single album and artist has ever released, and all the various artists compilations, and playlist created by music experts, and playlists created by other users, and radio stations targeted at the genre's you like / mood you're in, and you have all the correct album art, backstories, bio's etc. And it analyizes the music you listen to, and the music you don't like, and creates automatic playlists of songs you know, and songs you don't but will love.. etc etc etc.

I can find every song/album by the artist now, I can also select any genre of music I want on internet radio. Sometimes there's a thing as too much choice. I have thousands of songs downloaded already, in fact more music than I have the time to listen to, offering even more choices to me is like offering a man another 5 course meal when he's already full. For some people it seems like it's more about the technology than the actual music.

I can only lead the horse to water.... :P

up2u.

I can only lead the horse to water.... tongue.png

up2u.

This horse has more than he can drink now. Don't try and paint anyone as a dinosaur who isn't as enamoured with the latest technology as you.

Any slight chance that we can get this topic back on track. Start a new thread to discuss music streaming/downloading.

Has anyone had a test drive yet. I saw 2 everests on a transporter heading up country a day ago when out on my bike.

Any slight chance that we can get this topic back on track. Start a new thread to discuss music streaming/downloading.

Has anyone had a test drive yet. I saw 2 everests on a transporter heading up country a day ago when out on my bike.

Yes sir! wai2.gif

And yes, I have test driven. What would you like to know?

I think nearly all dealerships have received their test drive stock now, if your's hasn't, it won't be a long wait..

Edited by IMHO

Sign up for Deezer then - it's the next best, and it's only 155 Baht/mth (first month free)...

Why pay for music when I can download everything I want for free?

Indeed, some of us have huge digital music libraries, and only add new things we like, but I guess we will have to do this sometime.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Tune In does exactly this for me already (not the playlist or search thing, If I want a particular song or playlist I can just create myself from my extensive music library at home). I have saved radio station of the different genre's of music I like.... I just play a station and I get to hear all sorts of music I have not heard.

Another I use often is an app for http://www.rockradio.com/. satisfies all my rock/hard rock/metal needs.

post-186594-0-48024200-1439880705_thumb.

Edited by Don Mega

Hang on Chaps. This is about the Everest. Back in the Nam Era we had the cream of U.S. Technology . Did they go through customs with every B. 52. So let the U.S. Bring in their products and Service Guys along with tha Aussies who saved Thailand's sorry ass back then. Without a 90 Day Report.[emoji574]️

I can only lead the horse to water.... tongue.png

up2u.

^^^ Thanx for the above technical info to help keep us up with technology....I for one will be trying it out!

The EV Titanium+ definitely is looking to be the top SUV of the year.

I have some questions about the EV Titanium+ that I would like to know if can be answered:

- Are you going to trade-in your Everest OEM 20" tyres fora set of those Yokohama Parada Spec-X tyres?

- Is the 3.2L EV engine equipped with 'steel' timing chain?

- What is the FE of the Everest as compared to your previous PSJ & (chipped) SUV?

- Is there an aftermarket chip option for the EV 3.2L?

- How does the feel of the Everest engine/transmission power train compare to that of the PSJ?

- Which Everest trans mode would you use when driving on wet roads during a rainstorm?

- For the DIY, is there still an issue with the 3.2L oil pump that makes it risky for the vehicle owner to perform his own routine oil changes at home?

- With its 20" wheels and ventilated discs standard, does the Titanium+ model also have larger sized discs or calipers (or brake pads) than the 18" wheel models?

^^^ Thanx for the above technical info to help keep us up with technology....I for one will be trying it out!

I have some questions about the EV Titanium+ that I would like to know if can be answered:

- Are you going to trade-in your Everest OEM 20" tyres fora set of those Yokohama Parada Spec-X tyres?

- What is the FE of the Everest as compared to your previous PSJ & (chipped) SUV?

- How does the feel of the Everest engine/transmission power train compare to that of the PSJ?

- Which Everest trans mode would you use when driving on wet roads during a rainstorm?

- For the DIY, is there still an issue with the 3.2L oil pump that makes it risky for the vehicle owner to perform his own routine oil changes at home?

- With its 20" wheels and ventilated discs standard, does the Titanium+ model also have larger sized discs or calipers (or brake pads) than the 18" wheel models?

At this stage, I don't imagine I'll be driving the Everest much - just as I haven't driven the PJS much for the past 3.5 years or so. So unlikely I'll be modding wheels or chipping it. That said, the 3.2L is just as chippable - there's some Aussie tuning outfits that have some home-grown products, and the usual European suspects still have their boxes available. Racechip.de claim anywhere up to 256HP and 586Nm: http://www.racechip.de/shop/ford/ranger-ab-2011/3-2-tdci-3199ccm-200ps-147kw-470nm.html

It's hard to explain the differences between driving the EV and the PJS without sounding like some sort of TV commercial... Let me put it this way - if you were somehow able to blindfold me, sit me in the EV to drive, then tell me I was driving a new diesel Range Rover, you'd trick me for a while.. The 5 pot warble would have me suspicious, and I'd also be commenting that the steering feels a little too light, and not enough 'feedback' to be a RR - but as far as ride quality and cabin quietness, and even the quality of the leather on the seats go, I'd be almost convinced. As soon as I saw the vinyl dash, or touched a door panel, or felt/saw all the "plastic where wood and alloy should be", and/or saw the carpet I'd know you were lying though tongue.png

You might have me tricked for a few minutes in an EV, but you'd have me tricked for about 2 milliseconds in a PJS.

On wet roads you'd just keep it in 'normal' mode and let the electronics control traction as required.

No idea about changing the oil yourself - not something I'd ever consider.

All Thai variants have the same brakes - the only difference is the suspension tuning on 2.2L vs 3.2L (to account for different weight/front:rear balance).

Edited by IMHO

Dealer has confirmed their test drive model is at the showroom. Off for a test drive tomorrow. ?

Mine's in getting carbon ceramic film today for delivery tomorrow smile.png

Edited by IMHO

Dealer has confirmed their test drive model is at the showroom. Off for a test drive tomorrow. ?

Where did you get that film from please?

We test drove a 2.2L today, they didn't have a T+ as demo ... it was at a different garage to where we have ordered ... madam was not too impressed. She is convinced that the model at the Motor Show had better (different) seats ... I think that she is correct. The thing that impressed me the most on the show model was how nice and comfy the seats were and to me today they didn't impress me as much as before. It is not as quite under acceleration as I expected either.

The view through the rear mirror is much better than I expected it to be ................... matters are being discussed .sad.png

We test drove a 2.2L today, they didn't have a T+ as demo ... it was at a different garage to where we have ordered ... madam was not too impressed. She is convinced that the model at the Motor Show had better (different) seats ... I think that she is correct. The thing that impressed me the most on the show model was how nice and comfy the seats were and to me today they didn't impress me as much as before. It is not as quite under acceleration as I expected either.

The view through the rear mirror is much better than I expected it to be ................... matters are being discussed .sad.png

http://www.solarfxthailand.com/

http://www.solarfxthailand.com/

Madam just ' bent our dealers ear' about the seats ...he says different seats in the T+ ...also the ride is better ... hope so!! I asked about changing from white to black ...yes but have to go to the back of the queue ...will stick with white then.

Strange the guy who gave us a test drive said same seats in all EVs and ride is the same ... guess I'll find out soon.

IMHO thanks ... I'll get madam to peruse the website.

Madam just ' bent our dealers ear' about the seats ...he says different seats in the T+ ...also the ride is better ... hope so!! I asked about changing from white to black ...yes but have to go to the back of the queue ...will stick with white then.

Strange the guy who gave us a test drive said same seats in all EVs and ride is the same ... guess I'll find out soon.

I've only driven the T+ and in my little review from this morning, you'll note that I actually commented on the quality of the leather. Unfortunately I'll be getting home delivery tomorrow, so won't have a chance to compare the seats in the lower grades.

I've only driven the T+ and in my little review from this morning, you'll note that I actually commented on the quality of the leather. Unfortunately I'll be getting home delivery tomorrow, so won't have a chance to compare the seats in the lower grades.

On the vehicle you have ordered did you get an option on the interior color.

When I view the pictures on the various websites they are all showing this light color leather just checking if the top spec one you have has an option ?

post-1136-0-38111400-1439974847_thumb.jp

When I view the pictures on the various websites they are all showing this light color leather just checking if the top spec one you have has an option ?

All Thai market models have this cream leather interior. That's it.

Other markets have black leather, black fabric, or cream leather (but not all of these options in any single country).

Thailand is also the only market where we only get high spec models (Titanium and Titanium+) - other markets have lower grade Ambiente and Trend versions. There's even a version with the 4" display from the Fiesta in the Phillipines, for example.

Edited by IMHO

All Thai market models have this cream leather interior. That's it.

Other markets have black leather, black fabric, or cream leather (but not all of these options in any single country).

Thailand is also the only market where we only get high spec models (Titanium and Titanium+) - other markets have lower grade Ambiente and Trend versions. There's even a version with the 4" display from the Fiesta in the Phillipines, for example.

Thanks for the info.

All the best with your new vehicle. I hope the only visits to the dealer are for a service.

Thanks for the info.

All the best with your new vehicle. I hope the only visits to the dealer are for a service.

Me too - but if not, I'll just hand over to an editorial staff member - that usually gets results smile.png

It got me one of the first Everest deliveries in TH, even tough I booked late, for example tongue.png

In any case, this car will spend most of it's time being driven by visiting overseas staff/colleagues and family members for vacations etc, and I'm keeping the old PJS as a backup. It will be lucky if I drive it once a month..

Edited by IMHO

Stay white, get clear film that does look nice with the light leather.

Ace this is how I like the inside to look either full black or black and dark brown.

attachicon.gif$_86.jpg

I'm the complete opposite - I hate dark interiors - all my cars have cream leather.

Different strokes, all good :)

Ace this is how I like the inside to look either full black or black and dark brown.

attachicon.gif$_86.jpg

I'm the complete opposite - I hate dark interiors - all my cars have cream leather.

Different strokes, all good :)

.. There is no doubt You and my Granfater would have become Friends Reminds me of his Sofa In Portugal when I was 10.

attachicon.gif$_86.jpg

Different strokes, all good smile.png

.. There is no doubt You and my Granfater would have become Friends Reminds me of his Sofa In Portugal when I was 10.

Black for sure is too hot for Thailand however hides the dirt better..gigglem.gif

attachicon.gif$_86.jpg

'hell ... that looks even worse than my V-Cross and that's bad enough. Still it wouldn't do for everyone to hold the same opinion I guess ......

At this stage, I don't imagine I'll be driving the Everest much - just as I haven't driven the PJS much for the past 3.5 years or so. So unlikely I'll be modding wheels or chipping it. That said, the 3.2L is just as chippable - there's some Aussie tuning outfits that have some home-grown products, and the usual European suspects still have their boxes available. Racechip.de claim anywhere up to 256HP and 586Nm: http://www.racechip.de/shop/ford/ranger-ab-2011/3-2-tdci-3199ccm-200ps-147kw-470nm.html

It's hard to explain the differences between driving the EV and the PJS without sounding like some sort of TV commercial... Let me put it this way - if you were somehow able to blindfold me, sit me in the EV to drive, then tell me I was driving a new diesel Range Rover, you'd trick me for a while.. The 5 pot warble would have me suspicious, and I'd also be commenting that the steering feels a little too light, and not enough 'feedback' to be a RR - but as far as ride quality and cabin quietness, and even the quality of the leather on the seats go, I'd be almost convinced. As soon as I saw the vinyl dash, or touched a door panel, or felt/saw all the "plastic where wood and alloy should be", and/or saw the carpet I'd know you were lying though tongue.png

You might have me tricked for a few minutes in an EV, but you'd have me tricked for about 2 milliseconds in a PJS.

On wet roads you'd just keep it in 'normal' mode and let the electronics control traction as required.

No idea about changing the oil yourself - not something I'd ever consider.

All Thai variants have the same brakes - the only difference is the suspension tuning on 2.2L vs 3.2L (to account for different weight/front:rear balance).

As usual, you hit the ball out of the park with your insightful perspective. The 'blind fold' analogy was brilliant! It hardly makes you sound like a TV commercial, to the contrary - A smart marketing strategist. I can hardly wait for the Everest test drive model to arrive here at our stealersship, dealership.