Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

22"ers are a match for this Everest model, IMHO. Now you can have your cake and eat it, too: You will be able to have one good looking Wolfgang/Glassed Everest '+' a set of those top-of-the-line and smooth riding Yokohama Parada-X with their reinforced sidewalls! thumbsup.gif

I bet you won't be able to keep Mrs. IMHO out of the Everest then! wink.png

I believe Good Year should change the name of their 'Efficient Grip' tyre......it just doesn't sound too marketable to my ears.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any knowledge about whether English language user manuals for the 2015 Everest will be available in a reasonable period of time as they have been for other Ford models?

Just found this Aussie manual linked on a Thai language forum (it's in English) :)

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/Everest_U375_TEC_Australia_2015.pdf

Any knowledge about whether English language user manuals for the 2015 Everest will be available in a reasonable period of time as they have been for other Ford models?

Just found this Aussie manual linked on a Thai language forum (it's in English) wai2.gif

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/Everest_U375_TEC_Australia_2015.pdf

On behalf of all future Everest owners (farang) - we thank you! wai2.gifwai2.gif

On the Ford website, I cant see the difference between a 3.24x4 and 3.24x4 Titanium. Does anyone know what the difference is? I will go and see my dealer in Hua Hin this week but Im hoping someone can be bothered to answer that for me here :) What does the Titanium have that the other one does not?

Without even seeing one in the flesh, I am badly sucked in and want one! Seems like an amazing SUV to me. I have a 3 year old top of the line V Cross right now that I am happy with but have been half thinking about changing this last few months. The Everest has made my mind up for me, what a sweet motor.

Pajero Sport too ugly IMO. Wasnt enough to make me want to sell the V Cross. Was eagerly anticipating the Tuna, but Im disappointed.... Strange overhang at the front and what are they thinking with the 2 rear seats the way they fold up is proper ugly.

Just reading up on Everest today, literally these last few hours, and Im 100% in!

On the Ford website, I cant see the difference between a 3.24x4 and 3.24x4 Titanium. Does anyone know what the difference is? I will go and see my dealer in Hua Hin this week but Im hoping someone can be bothered to answer that for me here smile.png What does the Titanium have that the other one does not?

Without even seeing one in the flesh, I am badly sucked in and want one! Seems like an amazing SUV to me. I have a 3 year old top of the line V Cross right now that I am happy with but have been half thinking about changing this last few months. The Everest has made my mind up for me, what a sweet motor.

Pajero Sport too ugly IMO. Wasnt enough to make me want to sell the V Cross. Was eagerly anticipating the Tuna, but Im disappointed.... Strange overhang at the front and what are they thinking with the 2 rear seats the way they fold up is proper ugly.

Just reading up on Everest today, literally these last few hours, and Im 100% in!

The 2nd last page in the brochure is bi-lingual and more clearly shows the differences between each grade:

https://www.ford.co.th/en/request-brochure

From that we can see that the top-spec Titanium+ model adds:

HID headlamps with auto-levelling and jet wash (every 5th time you wash the windscreen it will also wash the headlights)

LED daytime running lights (these also double-up as parking lights, and are used as welcome lighting too)

Power panoramic moon roof (~50% of the roof is glass - surprisingly useful with some 20% carbon ceramic tint on it)

Puddle lamps (oddly, these are the only non-LED lights in the car, but they are effective)

20" alloy wheels (lower grades get 18")

Global open/close (if you long-press the unlock button on the remote, it will open the moon roof and all windows - long pressing lock closes all windows and the moon roof)

8-way power adjustable passenger seat

Power folding 3rd row seats

Power liftgate (via buttons on the liftgate, the dash, and the remote)

Active park assist (does all the steering for reverse parallel parking)

Ambient cabin lighting (note: this is nice, but it would be better if it worked in the rear seats too)

230V AC power outlet (150w max, so good for a computer, not so good for your industrial vacuum cleaner :P )

Door scuff plates with LED lights

Driver's knee airbag

Front parking sensors

Rear view camera

Blind spot information system

Cross traffic alert

It also gets these changes, not mentioned in the brochure:

Soft touch, upholstered dashboard

Dark gray roof lining and pillar coloring (lower models are cream)

Different color accents on dashboard, doors and steering wheel (dark gray, vs silver on lower models)

Edited by IMHO

Mr IMOH said ... If de-orange-peeling and glass coating selected areas of the paintwork counts as a mod, well, I'm half way done on that too.

I have a friend who runs his detailing business weekends only. He does a fantastic job but 'charges' considerably more than 'so called detailers'. I think that he had done quite a large percentage of all the Farrari cars in Thailand.

He tells me that de-orange-peeling takes some while ... it can take most of a day to do one panel (I was going to ask him to do mine but not now I know the effort involved). Also it, on average, removes about 20% of the total clear coat. Orange Peel actually is a protector. Glass coating will make it easier to remove the motorbike etc 'scuffs'. It won't stop chips though.

I did my 'inherited' daughters Fiesta with Eco7000 on Saturday ... Eco takes several days to cure so it is being kept undercover at present ... it looks ok.

Has anyone seen the Ford Everest Challenge in China ...the young lady on roller skates going under a long line of EVs ... the file that I have is 10Mbs ... I'll try and find the original file

And mine EV still hasn't come ... seller has just told me 'next week' but didn't say which next week!!

Yep, de-orange-peeling is hard work.

On the Everest, I got two doors about 50% done in a day, using the Carpro velvet pads and some Menzerna compounds along with my trusty old Meguiars dual action polisher. There are more aggressive pads (the Carpro denims) and more aggressive tools (rotary) that will get you there faster, but you'd better be 100% sure how thick the clear coat is before you start going that hard...

At this stage, I'm only feeling confident taking it down ~50% - I have a digital paint thickness gauge on it's way though which I hope tells me there's enough factory clear coat left to take it down some more tongue.png

Unfortunately I didn't think it'd become a topic, so didn't take any before photos.. I only have this "half way there" photo:

attachicon.gifev-op-half-done.jpg

Note that this has a layer of Wolfgang Fuzion on it, so I can still continue work on the orange peel later on.. I'm yet undecided whether or not I'll glass coat the sides, or just the hood/roof/bumper, and leave the sides with a wax layer - I still love the Fuzion look wink.png

I wasn't too happy with the result using Si-700 so today I went around and borrowed my friends Rupes Polisher. I also used his Rupes Fine Polish ... similar to Meguiars 205. Took me a couple of hours to do the whole car. Maybe I should have taken more time but the result was okay, whoever buys it I think will happy with the result. I'll glass coat it with Eco 7000 next week as I have plenty left. Driving home I got a few marks on the paintwork that I didn't notice until I looked at the photos later.

Using his 7" polisher was certainly easier/quicker than the Meguiars DA that I have ... of course his polisher cost about $400.

post-17329-0-14259800-1442664624_thumb.jpost-17329-0-09444800-1442664643_thumb.j

Now I wish that I had ordered a black EV instead of a white on. Still wondering if it will ever arrive though.

I went to Hua Hin dealership today and they said Febuary for white, March for all other colors. You never really know where you stand of course, Im pretty sure they just make it up as they go along. A poster on this thread was told May at the same dealers last week so who knows.

Yes ... that's for anyone who orders now. I ordered a white T+ in May. My dealer has had just one T+ delivered so far and that guy booked it in DEC 2014!!.

My red one was October 15. Now they tell my missus that it will be end of September. Good o

Purely out of interest, what date exactly did you book it ... It is a T+? , or the 2.2L or 3.2L T. Apparently the T+ is as rare as rocking horse Sh1T

It's a T+, booked it about 5 months ago. They confirmed the order was being managed by Ford Bangkok and emailed the order list to show my wife her name and the colour etc. The sales guy says it has moved forward as people booked 2 different colours or had finance rejected. They are saying there is a long wait now for the T+

It's a T+, booked it about 5 months ago. They confirmed the order was being managed by Ford Bangkok and emailed the order list to show my wife her name and the colour etc. The sales guy says it has moved forward as people booked 2 different colours or had finance rejected. They are saying there is a long wait now for the T+

Or saw the new Fortuner's great styling and class leading features and immediately cancelled their bookings?

Or saw the new Fortuner's great styling and class leading features and immediately cancelled their bookings?

What you mean the Toyota Pajero!!

This is a massive long shot, and forgive me for being a bit crass....but I don't suppose you would be willing to sell your place in the line by any chance? I would be happy to pay a proper, proper drink.

I did say its a long shot....

Google for Everest Club Thailand... that site has a whole forum section dedicated to selling bookings...

Bloody hell really? I figured I was the only one stupid enough to part with hard earned dough just to get ahead. There are others lol?

This is a massive long shot, and forgive me for being a bit crass....but I don't suppose you would be willing to sell your place in the line by any chance? I would be happy to pay a proper, proper drink.

I did say its a long shot....

Google for Everest Club Thailand... that site has a whole forum section dedicated to selling bookings...

In the past few days there have been reports of people getting earlier deliveries than originally promised.

Maybe Ford's new policy on transferring bookings (must prove it's transferring to a family member) is eliminating a few scalpers?

@JAS21: any updates form Ford on yours?

I'm starting to feel a little bad that I booked late-ish, but have had mine for over a month now....... but that feeling probably won't last long :P

Edited by IMHO

Mr IMHO ... no update ... I sent an SMS this morning asking ... no reply yet. Just been to TRENDY to collect Mrs JAS's new passport ... won't drive there again!! BTS next time ...

Edited by JAS21

Mr IMHO ... no update ... I sent an SMS this morning asking ... no reply yet. Just been to TRENDY to collect Mrs JAS's new passport ... won't drive there again!! BTS next time ...

Have you actually spoken to Ford HQ, or just proxy'ing via your dealer?