Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the subject of chips for the 3.2L... According to sources, the stock ECU not only limits torque in 1st and 2nd gear, it also artificially restricts HP at higher RPM - and they say it's actually all just about passing emissions tests. On this front, the Aussie 3.2L Everest engine has been further detuned at the top-end in order to pass Euro6 regulations, and now only makes 194HP as a result.

These same sources claim the engine, without artificial restrictions, is capable of making around 400Nm @ 4,000 RPM (stock tune limits it to 300Nm) - which translates to around 230HP before you've even touched commonrail pressures...

Still looking for the right solution - which unlocks these restrictions first - and then goes for more HP wink.png

Are you talking about the Everest?

Isn't it at 200 HP actually?

I had read about an ECU shop in BKK which seems to be highly recommended but cannot find the facebook page anymore.

Nearly right ... it'called ECUTHAILAND ....Ritter Performance Tuning ..now you will be able to find the Facebook page .easily

On the subject of chips for the 3.2L... According to sources, the stock ECU not only limits torque in 1st and 2nd gear, it also artificially restricts HP at higher RPM - and they say it's actually all just about passing emissions tests. On this front, the Aussie 3.2L Everest engine has been further detuned at the top-end in order to pass Euro6 regulations, and now only makes 194HP as a result.

These same sources claim the engine, without artificial restrictions, is capable of making around 400Nm @ 4,000 RPM (stock tune limits it to 300Nm) - which translates to around 230HP before you've even touched commonrail pressures...

Still looking for the right solution - which unlocks these restrictions first - and then goes for more HP wink.png

I had read about an ECU shop in BKK which seems to be highly recommended but cannot find the facebook page anymore.

In Thailand, yes it's still 200HP / Euro5 - Australian market versions are 194HP / Euro6

Nearly right ... it'called ECUTHAILAND ....Ritter Performance Tuning ..now you will be able to find the Facebook page .easily
Gunter is helpful and speaks good English Call him with your requirement and feel easy about things

Does anybody know if the front sensors that come as standard with the T+ are available as option with the 3.2T? (no after sales options)

I never really gave the T+ much of a thought as its tires with the smaller aspect ratio didn't appeal to me, but for the price premium you do get a couple of nice extras.

Also, could anybody let me know the regular service intervals?

A happy new year to all of you

Does anybody know if the front sensors that come as standard with the T+ are available as option with the 3.2T? (no after sales options)

I never really gave the T+ much of a thought as its tires with the smaller aspect ratio didn't appeal to me, but for the price premium you do get a couple of nice extras.

Also, could anybody let me know the regular service intervals?

A happy new year to all of you

Nope, can't change the options. This is the norm in Thailand. Back home I could spec what I wanted but not here.

Service intervals are 9months or 15,000km.

Thanks. So saving up and trading the 20" in for the 18" wheels may be the better option.

As a guide my friend just purchased a set of T+ wheels and tyres for 40,000thb ... he wanted them for his ranger. I would like to find one T+ rim as the spare is steel.

Thanks. So saving up and trading the 20" in for the 18" wheels may be the better option.

I'm thinking of doing this myself. My dealer is said they could do the trade for me, but obviously this isn't the same as speccing the option when ordering.

Aside from the loss from the price difference between 20" and 18" tires, I'm wondering if there are differences in car setup for the tire sizes.

I'm thinking of doing this myself. My dealer is said they could do the trade for me, but obviously this isn't the same as speccing the option when ordering.

Aside from the loss from the price difference between 20" and 18" tires, I'm wondering if there are differences in car setup for the tire sizes.

The 18" (265/60/18) tyre has a slightly larger overall diameter (2.20mm) than the 20" (265/50/20) tyre so I would assume there is zero difference in car setup.

As a guide my friend just purchased a set of T+ wheels and tyres for 40,000thb ... he wanted them for his ranger. I would like to find one T+ rim as the spare is steel.

Was that an extra 40K on top of the price of the car? Is that reasonable or better go aftermarket so you can at least choose the tires/rims. I don't mind the everest rims though, but not sure how they would look on the ranger. I don't like the current ranger times. They look too small.

Hallodri, Are you sure it is worth the trouble to avoid the 265/50R20 tyres? I have not been in a T+ with the 20 inch wheels but the T on 18's rides so well a little loss of comfort would not be a disaster and the lower profile tyres may improve the steering response a little.

There may also be adequate clearance to swap to 275/55R20 to give a higher sidewall. I did this on a PJS a few years ago and with the right tyres there was virtually no loss of ride quality over the OEM 265/65R17 Bridgestones but the handling was definitely better.

Which Ford dealership did your friend buy the T+ wheels + tyres for 40k? I was quoted 40k for the wheels only and additional 20k for the tyres at Ford Phuket in December!

Which Ford dealership did your friend buy the T+ wheels + tyres for 40k? I was quoted 40k for the wheels only and additional 20k for the tyres at Ford Phuket in December!

They came off a T+ ...someone wanted different wheels on theirs. Maybe you would have some luck on an Everest forum. Edited by JAS21

Gunter is helpful and speaks good English Call him with your requirement and feel easy about things

I will probably just talk with him in German biggrin.png

Do you know if these kind of tunings are able to detect? Or isn't it a warranty issue?

I will probably just talk with him in German biggrin.png

Do you know if these kind of tunings are able to detect? Or isn't it a warranty issue?

As far as I can tell for the chip linked in this thread, it's a simple plug-in / un-plug box, and the tuning parameters added at ECU boot-up (switch on). So simply unplugging the box would set everything back to normal. It's possible there could be something held in the electronic log that would give a clue to a switched-on engineer but I think the chances are very low it would be detected even if possible.

A re-map is a warranty issue. A 'racechip' type mod is not unless you fail to remove it before you take it to the garage. You can have the original software re-installed BUT it may be traceable.

Edited by JAS21

Some people come back to my friends repair shop after an accident trying to get chips n stuff off if it's a bad bump. Insurance reasons I'm told...

Very true ACE ...you should disclose. When I had the 'racechip' installed I hid the little box, just in case.

However over here who cares ...have all, or even any of those pickups who belch out black smoke mentioned anything to their insurance company ..if they have insurance ...in the UK ...definately bad new if you don't disclose ...and financially bad news if you do.

Some people come back to my friends repair shop after an accident trying to get chips n stuff off if it's a bad bump. Insurance reasons I'm told...

Very true ACE ...you should disclose. When I had the 'racechip' installed I hid the little box, just in case.

However over here who cares ...have all, or even any of those pickups who belch out black smoke mentioned anything to their insurance company ..if they have insurance ...in the UK ...definately bad new if you don't disclose ...and financially bad news if you do.

In MHO I cant see the need to put a chip in the new 3.2 they are quite nippy in standard form.

I was behind one a few weeks ago and it was flying along at speeds around the 150/60kph on the 1/32 north of BKK.

Cant say what sort of peddle pressure he was using but he didn't seem to have any problem getting back to the higher speeds after he had slowed for slower cars.

It also seemed quite stable very little leaning on the bends. If only Ford could get their service sorted it would be the best MPV available by far.

In MHO I cant see the need to put a chip in the new 3.2 they are quite nippy in standard form.

I was behind one a few weeks ago and it was flying along at speeds around the 150/60kph on the 1/32 north of BKK.

Cant say what sort of peddle pressure he was using but he didn't seem to have any problem getting back to the higher speeds after he had slowed for slower cars.

It also seemed quite stable very little leaning on the bends. If only Ford could get their service sorted it would be the best MPV available by far.

Yep ...mine is more than quick enough for me. As I said before, if only Isuzu has produced it.

Yep ...mine is more than quick enough for me. As I said before, if only Isuzu has produced it.

If Isuzu produced a 200HP/470Nm diesel, it'd probably be 6.0L though :P

Cant ever see Isuzu making a good MPV they had their chance several times and come up with a pile of crap every time.

Had a second go in their new MUX yesterday. Friend had hired one, although not to bad power wise that's about it.

Lacks in every other department.

If Isuzu produced a 200HP/470Nm diesel, it'd probably be 6.0L though :P

2.53L ddi Blue power should do the job ;-)

I'm happy with the T+, I just hope that service is ok.

I'm not too impressed so far. I bought a Fiesta Ecoboost and found that the tyres were two years old ... complained to the garage ... seller said Ford will change ...now it's being tossed back by Ford ... Garage ordered me a car cam ...now arrived but cannot fit ...garage too busy ...so have to collect and take it to another dealer to fit. That's the latest anyway and Ford say it's a four hour job to fit.

I told them that in the past I could rebuild an engine in less time than that.

The Everest has ominous top billing in Wheels Australia's 2016 COTY contenders list (the only one presented out of alphabetical order):

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/features/1512/wheels-car-of-the-year-2016-the-contenders/

We'll have to wait a few weeks before the results are known, but if nothing else it's still a testament that it's Wheel's top pick in the class.

Edited by IMHO

Yes it was me ... I will have to do something as Mrs JAS is unhappy. The seats in the Motor Show model convinced her to go for the T+ and not a Camry Hybrid which was 2nd choice ...we nearly gave up on the T+ ...due to extended delivery.