Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes it was me ... I will have to do something as Mrs JAS is unhappy. The seats in the Motor Show model convinced her to go for the T+ and not a Camry Hybrid which was 2nd choice ...we nearly gave up on the T+ ...due to extended delivery.

I guess it's not ideal, but you could get a pair of the big puffy looking seat covers. I find the regular leather seats in my honda quite hard so I've had seat covers on them pretty much since the car was new. Saves getting spills on the seats too, and much more comfortable for long drives.

Maybe one for Mr IMHO or similar expert.

So Ford fitted their DVR (car cam) today. And so close to the mirror that the camera can't be unclipped!! So I hope that the bracket will come off without pulling the window film.

At the moment I'm not impressed as it doesn't look clear either on the DVR or when looking on my computer screen. So um..... It's selected to 1280*720 highest setting.

I can't seem to get the Micro SD chip to do anything in my Galaxy Note. Can't find the files, this no doubt is my lack of knowledge on how to ....

Also it doesn't seem to be recording speed although it looks like it should as it has km/hr on the top area. Also the map doesn't move, it look like a map of somewhere in China.

And should I be able to play it back through the incar screen? It has AV out apparently. If so how please?

We go back to Ford tomorrow!!!!!

This is a photo of my computer screed showing no speed recorded etc

post-17329-0-30089900-1452245809_thumb.je

Yes, I have now set the time and date.

Edited by JAS21

Maybe one for Mr IMHO or similar expert.

So Ford fitted their DVR (car cam) today. And so close to the mirror that the camera can't be unclipped!! So I hope that the bracket will come off without pulling the window film.

At the moment I'm not impressed as it doesn't look clear either on the DVR or when looking on my computer screen. So um..... It's selected to 1280*720 highest setting.

I can't seem to get the Micro SD chip to do anything in my Galaxy Note. Can't find the files, this no doubt is my lack of knowledge on how to ....

Also it doesn't seem to be recording speed although it looks like it should as it has km/hr on the top area. Also the map doesn't move, it look like a map of somewhere in China.

And should I be able to play it back through the incar screen? It has AV out apparently. If so how please?

We go back to Ford tomorrow!!!!!

Some cams allow to the user to NOT record the KM/h above a predetermined speed setting. Check the settings.

No GPS for the Everest in Thailand yet (AFAIK), might explain the map thingo not working.

JaseTheBass, on 08 Jan 2016 - 23:00, said:JaseTheBass, on 08 Jan 2016 - 23:00, said:

The Everest does have GPS, but no installed maps.

Yes, it has a compass doesn't it......

No GPS for the Everest in Thailand yet (AFAIK), might explain the map thingo not working.

Good suggestion ... but the speed calc is in the car cam software, nothing to do with the 'in car' unit . As it is now the quality is pretty 'crap'. Night time is very disappointing ...something must be faulty ... have decided to wait until after the w/e so that I have a lot of files stored before going back to Ford.

Edited by JAS21

JaseTheBass, on 08 Jan 2016 - 23:00, said:JaseTheBass, on 08 Jan 2016 - 23:00, said:

Good suggestion ... but the speed calc is in the car cam software, nothing to do with the 'in car' unit . As it is now the quality is pretty 'crap'. Night time is very disappointing ...something must be faulty ... have decided to wait until after the w/e so that I have a lot of files stored before going back to Ford.

Is the protective film still on the lens maybe?

As for speed indication, without a gps the unit wouldn't know it's speed, unless it's hard wired into the car's electronics. If the unit came with built-in gps, you wouldn't have to setup time and date manually, as it would get the exact time from the gps signal, making me believe your unit has no gps.

GPS obviously functions awesome without maps !!!

Ya think maybe this is the reason why the camera bizzo is not showing ?

DELETED

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

I actually prefer the look of the Landrover Discovery

I think that both look okay ...do I recall correctly, from the last Motor Show, that the Landrover Discovery costs a little more than the EV here in Thailand.

Me too, but I'm not a fan of the 9.4M Baht price tag ;)

ohhhhhhh
Is it really that much ...I thought the Disco4 was about 6.5Mb but I guess I'm forgetful. I did like the Evoque ... and thought about cancelling the EV ...then Mrs Jas shook me and I woke up!!!

I'll gladly give up not having to drive one of those 'Toyuta' things in return a little less kms/ltr. ☺

I didn't think about 12 kms/ltr was that bad for a lot of the journey. After half way I must have caught every red traffic light.

Hopefully all the bits are still somewhat tight and things will get better. It's so nice to drive ....unlike some other choices

We may be misunderstanding each other.

I say that a different driving style may be different fuel consumption. 30-40% of the difference.

There is also a different situation on the road, different roads.

Over the past 3 months I went 4 times from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.All time fuel consumption was different .. So I went to a different time and a different style of driving.

Driving a number of short distances around where we live ...indicated 15.5ltrs/ 100kms ...frightening...
A lot

My benz c250 petrol 2L

10L /100km city

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Edited by BeefSlapper

I'll gladly give up not having to drive one of those 'Toyuta' things in return a little less kms/ltr. ☺

I didn't think about 12 kms/ltr was that bad for a lot of the journey. After half way I must have caught every red traffic light.

Hopefully all the bits are still somewhat tight and things will get better. It's so nice to drive ....unlike some other choices

I say that a different driving style may be different fuel consumption. 30-40% of the difference.

Over the past 3 months I went 4 times from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.All time fuel consumption was different .. So I went to a different time and a different style of driving.

Driving a number of short distances around where we live ...indicated 15.5ltrs/ 100kms ...frightening...
A lot

My benz c250 petrol 2L

10L /100km city

Yes ...but you are not talking like for like are you. C class is a little 4/5 seater that doesn't like potholes. Both Merc and BMW car engines are fuel efficent. Their engines alone probably costs as much as an EV.

A lot

My benz c250 petrol 2L

10L /100km city

Yes ...but you are not talking like for like are you. C class is a little 4/5 seater that doesn't like potholes. Both Merc and BMW car engines are fuel efficent. Their engines alone probably costs as much as an EV.

True apart one bit.

I drove it durning last massive floods.

I went through rivers really scary stuff

And car did well, i did not stuck.

I drove sukumvit and water was up to knee.

Guess what many pick up trucks and big cars stuck on the side of the road.

Merc went through it smooth.

Had lots of dirt on radiator tho.

Me too, but I'm not a fan of the 9.4M Baht price tag ;)

ohhhhhhh
Is it really that much ...I thought the Disco4 was about 6.5Mb but I guess I'm forgetful. I did like the Evoque ... and thought about cancelling the EV ...then Mrs Jas shook me and I woke up!!!

I'd love any from the Land Rover stable but there's no value in those prices because the import duties are enormous. Even if they built them as CKDs the price would still be too high to consider them.

Is the protective film still on the lens maybe?

As for speed indication, without a gps the unit wouldn't know it's speed, unless it's hard wired into the car's electronics. If the unit came with built-in gps, you wouldn't have to setup time and date manually, as it would get the exact time from the gps signal, making me believe your unit has no gps.

SPOT ON... it had to be either protective film on the Lens or the window film had come un-glued. Went to the Window Film Shop this morning (Solar FX). The guys removed the camera for me (bracket is not held on with a suction pad but 'some sort of sticky'. I mentioned before that it couldn't be unclipped from the bracket as the clip was jammed up against the mirror support bracket.

Yes .... protective film still on the Lens ....................

I'm thinking of investing in a 360 camera system as I want both a front and rear camera recording. Has the benefit of showing the parking space lines and I can have a front of car camera that I could configure to give me the peek around the corner feature on new US Ford SUVs.

I'm thinking something like this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Round-View-DVR-System-Car-Security-Recording-1080P-360-Degree-Bird-View-Panorama-System-Front-Left/32581706487.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.116.jL0k6d&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9,searchweb201644_1_10001_10002_10005_10006_10003_10004_62,searchweb201560_2,searchweb1451318400_6149

Not sure how complicated it would be to install.