Ban Ki-moon invites Prayut to UN assembly

webfact

Speculation is the United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will press Thailands junta leader to end politically motivated arrests and censorship and ensure a rapid transition to democratic civilian rule,

He will however be reported as having a profound understanding of the need for a uniquely Thai approach to restoring universal happiness.

• Like 1

What a blow for the anti-everything losers.

People who matter in this world actually want to talk to him and want him to talk to them.

They speak to him out of necessity, not desire. Its work. We all need to deal with people regarding how we feel about them. No elected official is going to pal around with this guy.

• Like 2

People who matter in this world actually want to talk to him and want him to talk to them.

So the UN are the people who matter in this world? Now you just need to get the UN to kick the rest of the world up the rear end and force them to worship prayuth. Prayuth then might stop his tears and childish tantrums when the whole world drops at his feet and links (?) the toe jam from his feet.

Wow, what a crass statement.

crass - definition of crass by The Free Dictionary

www.thefreedictionary.com/crass "So crude and unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility."

I respect your input to the topic and you opinion along with you personal attack. I hope you are equal and respect my opinions as I do yours because if you don't then you are lower than the person you are trying to portray me to be.
  • Like 1

So the UN are the people who matter in this world? Now you just need to get the UN to kick the rest of the world up the rear end and force them to worship prayuth. Prayuth then might stop his tears and childish tantrums when the whole world drops at his feet and links the toe jam from his feet.

Do you see the irony in how you've written your posts on these threads?

Get over it - the world isn't all united against the current Thai government, or ostracizing Thailand. Nor does anyone clamor for the return of a "democratic" government ruled by a convicted criminal fugitive.

The UN - not exactly great achievers but if they're so irrelevant why was Thaksin's number 1 cousin and little sister always sucking up to them?

Yes your right, Nth Korea, China and Russia love the current setup.

1. He is not leader of a country

2. He is head of an illegal military coup

3. US policy is they will not grant entry to the head of an illegal coup - irrespective of which country it is.

4. Given the above my understanding would be that despite an invitation from the UN, the US can refuse entry

• Like 1

Not exactly what I would call an insurmountable achievement, if I remember well Muammar Gaddafi, Yasser Arafat and Fidel Castro also spoke at the UN.

And Netanyayu was invited to speak before congress too. Wish Obama had refused him a visa.

3. US policy is they will not grant entry to the head of an illegal coup - irrespective of which country it is.

4. Given the above my understanding would be that despite an invitation from the UN, the US can refuse entry

I believe the Royal Endorsement says otherwise.

• Like 1

And how will he get to the UN? Can't get into the USA.

He can go the the UN regarless if the US will not allow him into the country for other reasons. Under the UN Charger No leader of a country who is attentding the United Nations can be bared from going.

He cannot have any other official function outside of the United Nations but cannot be stopped from going,

The United States is part of that agreement.

This is the reason despots like the Ex President of Iran can speak at the UN General Assembly. He cannot get a US visa but can get a travel documents from the UN

This is politics

I hope someone tells the Americans that...

I do not like the the idea of the UN being in the US it should be somewhere more neutral and less aggressive to control and dominate.

He can go the the UN regarless if the US will not allow him into the country for other reasons. Under the UN Charger No leader of a country who is attentding the United Nations can be bared from going.

He cannot have any other official function outside of the United Nations but cannot be stopped from going,

This is the reason despots like the Ex President of Iran can speak at the UN General Assembly. He cannot get a US visa but can get a travel documents from the UN

This is politics

I do not like the the idea of the UN being in the US it should be somewhere more neutral and less aggressive to control and dominate.

Geneva comes to mind.

So the UN are the people who matter in this world? Now you just need to get the UN to kick the rest of the world up the rear end and force them to worship prayuth. Prayuth then might stop his tears and childish tantrums when the whole world drops at his feet and links the toe jam from his feet.

Tears, no that was Yingluck you are wrong as usual.

About the only ones who haven't invited him now are Obama who is pretty much sidelined and must be regretting supporting one coup in Egypt while condemning the one in Thailand. And your own bumbling US boot licking MP Abbot, does he support your bottom of the league footy team as well.

The list of nations that haven't and will not ever invite Prayuth to anything far, far exceeds the mere handful that have and those few that have, have done so as they see an opportunity for their own economic benefit off the political knaves currently running Thailand.

I wonder what mr moon really said. We all know the current government like to speak for others.

I agree. This story seems to fall squarely into the "understanding" category of predictable propaganda pieces put out anytime Prayuth gets within 10m of a foreign dignitary. The only source of this story is the thai national news. The story was picked up by reuters, but with a large disclaimer that the story is not verified:

"NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Bangkok Newsroom; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-2996486/THAILAND-PRESS-Ban-Ki-moon-invites-PM-Prayuth-UN-assembly-The-Nation.html#ixzz3UZHkuETc

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Like 1

This is politics

Geneva comes to mind.

Geneva was Headquarters to the League of Nations - the predecessor of the UN - and the United States was not a part of that. How well did that turn out?

• Like 2

There you go Prayuth, you can go to New York and get a hug from Ban Ki Moon. Now stop these childish temper tantrums, come out from under the bed, wipe the tears away and give me a big smile. Don't start crying if the grownups don't like you or you will come straight home and back to your room.

"Don't start crying if the grownups don't like you ..."

That's usually what the farang do if some cashier does smile that them. Given your post, you may not be best qualified to criticize others for acting childishly.

Doesn't mean other countries have to accept this endorsement it only carries weight locally the same as the Hutt River Royal endorsements. Unfortunately for Prayuth other governments still see him the leader of the coup and not a legit government and it is the international community prayuth has to convince and not just his local government. Edited by chooka

Do you see the irony in how you've written your posts on these threads?

Get over it - the world isn't all united against the current Thai government, or ostracizing Thailand. Nor does anyone clamor for the return of a "democratic" government ruled by a convicted criminal fugitive.

The UN - not exactly great achievers but if they're so irrelevant why was Thaksin's number 1 cousin and little sister always sucking up to them?

Yes your right, Nth Korea, China and Russia love the current setup.

Japan and Germany appear reasonably well disposed to it to. As does the UK, with current trade exhibitions and the visit of the Lord Mayor of London.

China and Russia - that would be 2 permanent members of the UN Security council then.

Guess Australia is left all alone standing for true democracy by banning the Junta (wow, bet they're gutted) from visiting.

Doesn't mean other countries have to accept this endorsement it only carries weight locally the same as the Hutt River Royal endorsements. Unfortunately for Prayuth other governments still see him the leader of the coup and not a legit government and it is the international community prayuth has to convince and not just his local government.

What a load of twaddle.

Germany, Japan, the UK, France and by action the USA aren't exactly falling over themselves to exclude Thailand and neither now are the UN.

Tears, no that was Yingluck you are wrong as usual.

About the only ones who haven't invited him now are Obama who is pretty much sidelined and must be regretting supporting one coup in Egypt while condemning the one in Thailand. And your own bumbling US boot licking MP Abbot, does he support your bottom of the league footy team as well.

The list of nations that haven't and will not ever invite Prayuth to anything far, far exceeds the mere handful that have and those few that have, have done so as they see an opportunity for their own economic benefit off the political knaves currently running Thailand.

Why would all these nations be clamoring to invite the PM of Thailand.

The only recent Thai leader who thought the PM's job involved touring the world at tax payers cost whilst avoiding parliament seemed to "invite" herself on most visits.

Doesn't mean other countries have to accept this endorsement it only carries weight locally the same as the Hutt River Royal endorsements. Unfortunately for Prayuth other governments still see him the leader of the coup and not a legit government and it is the international community prayuth has to convince and not just his local government.

What a load of twaddle.

Germany, Japan, the UK, France and by action the USA aren't exactly falling over themselves to exclude Thailand and neither now are the UN.

I think that the countries that you have named are not talking as such to the general. Certain companies within those countries are after contracts to help build, rebuilt, Thailand's infrastructure.