Big stash of US dollars found in bag in Bangkok hotel

webfact

The white powder could be drugs , money is probably real and the owner jumped off the balcony after enjoying a trip on the wild side. The money will now be used to open up another gambling place owned by the police.

ever leave your luggage at a hotel for a few hours after checkout? you get a receipt.

so what do you get when you put your bag of money in the safe?

"foreigners?" passport please. copies made first thing. your location already reported to immigration at check in.

ever checkout of a hotel?

the front desk is on the red walkie talkie so fast... mini bar? room condition?

ever see a hotel without at least one cctv camera in the lobby? hallways?

wow i found a bag in my hotel with $200,000 USD in cash. I think I will call the police right away and not just wait for the owners to show back up. maybe no one will.

Edited by NCC1701A

Damn.......idiots! take the money to a bank for safe keeping, let them run the money through a machine that detects fraud. Warning! got any writing or

markings, they will refuse it. If its good, hold it for 30 days......then go on a shopping spree if no claimer steps for word!

"police would attempt to locate its owner".

You would think that in an 18 room hotel, a quick look at the hotel registry would uncover who stayed in the room, or am I over simplifying things.

Yes I think you are. I know you will find this difficult to believe but it is very easy to have false identity documents in this country!

"police would attempt to locate its owner".

You would think that in an 18 room hotel, a quick look at the hotel registry would uncover who stayed in the room, or am I over simplifying things.

Yes I think you are. I know you will find this difficult to believe but it is very easy to have false identity documents in this country!

Well cut off my legs and call me shorty.....who'd have thought that could happen!

Damn.......idiots! take the money to a bank for safe keeping, let them run the money through a machine that detects fraud. Warning! got any writing or

markings, they will refuse it. If its good, hold it for 30 days......then go on a shopping spree if no claimer steps for word!

When the bank clark feels the notes they probably know straight away they are dud, the cops will be there before they could get out the door...