Compromise agreement worked out between Wat Dhammakaya and Klongchan Credit Union

webfact

amazing, the police will not be pursuing criminal sentences against these crooks? Can my jail sentence be dropped too if I rob a bank and promise to pay back in installments?

Please read the OP.

DSI are saying that they are continuing to Investigate KCU dealings and that would have to include dealing with Wat Dhammakaya.

The agreement between the bodies MAY end the civil dispute the issue of criminal conduct remains. It will be interesting to see if even the agreement will stand after the meeting on the 20 March that relates to KCU creditors.

Thai friends tell me that Wat Dhammakaya has a low reputation among Thai Buddhists, that it is a weird cult, brainwashing its members.

It really is not an ordinary Buddhist temple. It does have many cult-like characteristics. My ex wife got involved with them for a while and donated heavily while they were building their UFO. They even have their own private FTA satellite TV channel, or at least they did have one.

They still have the channel. Saw the abbot on DMC tv this morning with a fetching orange teacosy hat. Wasn't watching; just flicking through channels...