Stupid Mistake

My daugther, 4 years of age, entered thailand in feb. this year on a 30 day visa. we have all the paperwork certified by Norwegian auth. and her mother is Thai, but the way I figured it my daughter is now on overstay. We've talked to the Thai immi. and they said we shouldn't worry, just bring the tabien ban and the documentation that she's born by a Thai. Is it this easy, or could we/she get into trouble by this?

should I do a visarun with her?

Any suggestions apriciated.

PS!

I'm on a 90 day non. imm. O extended to a year, and my wife entered on Thai passport.

Will this make any problems for me the next time I extend my visa?

Morty

Edited by Morty

Don't worry. Even if your child was not Thai the only thing that would happen is a stamp in her passport. There would not even be an overstay fine. As she is Thai you can take the documentation of that to immigration and obtain a one year extension of stay. There is no need for any visa run and remember that you can not leave without a re entry permit if you want to keep your extension of stay. This is not going to be an issue with your next extension - just do what they said and all should be fine.

My daugther, 4 years of age, entered thailand in feb. this year on a 30 day visa. we have all the paperwork certified by Norwegian auth. and her mother is Thai, but the way I figured it my daughter is now on overstay. We've talked to the Thai immi. and they said we shouldn't worry, just bring the tabien ban and the documentation that she's born by a Thai. Is it this easy, or could we/she get into trouble by this?

PS!

I'm on a 90 day non. imm. O extended to a year, and my wife entered on Thai passport.

Morty

Not a problem. She has no penalty for overstay as she is under 17 years old. Get her Thai ID anyhow. It will be no problem for your visa as well.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Don't worry. Even if your child was not Thai the only thing that would happen is a stamp in her passport. There would not even be an overstay fine. As she is Thai you can take the documentation of that to immigration and obtain a one year extension of stay. There is no need for any visa run and remember that you can not leave without a re entry permit if you want to keep your extension of stay. This is not going to be an issue with your next extension - just do what they said and all should be fine.

tnx Lopburi, you just made my peace of mind, the reentry issue is not a prob. though since I got a multiple reentry permit.

thanks again

Morty

PS!

Morty

Not a problem. She has no penalty for overstay as she is under 17 years old. Get her Thai ID anyhow. It will be no problem for your visa as well.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

tnx sunbelt, I'm in the prosess of Getting her her Thai ID now, since I like to play it by the book.

tnx again

Morty

In our case, daughter 3 yo, (then 2) came from our 3 month visit to Holland also on her Dutch passport and got 30 days. Within these 30 days we went to immigration, and got her a 1 year "permission to stay" (not a real visa I think) for 1,900 THB. Every 3 months we have to report to immigration and fill out a form, and actually next month we need to go and renew the 1 year "visa" and pay another 1,900 THB for the next year.

You are not (and IMHO don't HAVE to be) involved in this, papers authorised by the Norwegian government are not relevant either, nor is your visa. Your wife can go to immigration with your daughter, with the birth certificate, house papers, ID etc. and apply for this 1 year visa for your daughter.

This is all just based on my experience.

Edited: I see more knowledgable ppl have replied already :-) raises one question, is there a need for your daughter to get a Thai ID card? Mine doesn't have one (yet).

Edited by cnxpat

In our case, daughter 3 yo, (then 2) came from our 3 month visit to Holland also on her Dutch passport and got 30 days. Within these 30 days we went to immigration, and got her a 1 year "permission to stay" (not a real visa I think) for 1,900 THB. Every 3 months we have to report to immigration and fill out a form, and actually next month we need to go and renew the 1 year "visa" and pay another 1,900 THB for the next year.

You are not (and IMHO don't HAVE to be) involved in this, papers authorised by the Norwegian government are not relevant either, nor is your visa. Your wife can go to immigration with your daughter, with the birth certificate, house papers, ID etc. and apply for this 1 year visa for your daughter.

This is all just based on my experience.

Edited: I see more knowledgable ppl have replied already :-) raises one question, is there a need for your daughter to get a Thai ID card? Mine doesn't have one (yet).

I want her to have a Thai PP to make entering LOS easier, but she still will be a dual citisen, as my wife and other daughter

Morty

As said you can not obtain an ID card until the age of 15 but you can obtain a Thai passport - once that happens you can exit on the foreign passport and return on the Thai passport and from that point on not need to do the extension of stay/90 day address reporting.

As said you can not obtain an ID card until the age of 15 but you can obtain a Thai passport - once that happens you can exit on the foreign passport and return on the Thai passport and from that point on not need to do the extension of stay/90 day address reporting.

thanks lopburi, your're the best. :o would it be sufficient to got to lets say KL leaving on the Norwegian PP, get stampted out of th, get stamped in in Malaysia, get stamped out of ML, and switch PP's in the air, or would i have to go to Norway to make the switch?

PS! Norwegians don't stamp Norwegian PP for Norwegians

thanks again

Morty

Any air travel should work. Land crossings might not be happy as they look closely for a stamp out of foreign country which you would not have in the Thai passport. Although Don Muang may also question you they should understand easier and you can work up if the line officer has doubts.

Any air travel should work. Land crossings might not be happy as they look closely for a stamp out of foreign country which you would not have in the Thai passport. Although Don Muang may also question you they should understand easier and you can work up if the line officer has doubts.

Air travel should be the option then.

thanks for the info.

Morty