B Visa back to OA Visa - Help

I thought I was beginning to understand the process, but the more threads I read the more confused I have become.

I had been on an OA visa extension (Retirement) for three years. I got approached last year to join a company and work in Leam Chabang (I live in Pattaya). I went to Singapore and obtained a B Visa.

The Company head office is in Bangkok so that is where my B Visa Extension, multiple re-entry & Work Permit were Obtained.

Things did not work out and I resigned. Due to the nature of my work, having access to highly sensitive information, they agree to release me there and then and pay me in lieu up to March 23rd 2015.

They lead me to believe at the time that they would assist me in regaining my OA visa, same as before I started working for them. They have sent me an email attaching a letter stating that my employment is terminated effective March 23rd and advised that they will cancel Work Permit on March 31st to "allow me time to sort myself out".

Since then I have heard nothing, despite sending emails and phone calls.

I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed.

Do I need to go to Bangkok to cancel my B visa or can it be done in my local Jomtiem office?

Can I convert back to an OA visa from a B Visa in Thailand, or do I need to leave the country?

I have had the necessary 800,000 in the bank. plus the three previous OA extensions.

Just to confuse things further, We had already booked a vacation out of Thailand for Sonkran and are due to fly out on April 12th for a week.

I am married to a UK citizen. she has retained her OA (retirement ) extension thank goodness.

Thanks in anticipation

Oink

Edited by Oink

You cannot get a OA visa without going back to your home country. You apparently want to apply for an extension stay based upon retirement.

In the past immigration would allow you to change the reason for you extension of stay from working (not a B visa) to retirement. But recent reports are that many offices will no longer do it. Jomtien and Bangkok are both not doing it.

You best option is to make a trip to Vientiane and get a single entry non-o visa based upon being 50 or over for retirement. You will need to show 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65 baht income by way of an income letter or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht. Then apply for the extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa at Jomtien.

You other option is to leave an re-enter the country and get a visa exempt entry and then do a conversion to a non immigrant visa based upon qualifying for an extension based upon retirement at Bangkok immigration. This requires two trips to Bangkok 15 days apart to get the visa/entry stamps.

If you make the trip to Vientiane overland you will need to take your termination letter with you or they will not allow you to leave the country at Nong Khai without canceling your current extension. You need to do this before the 23rd.

"I am married to a UK citizen. she has retained her OA (retirement ) extension thank goodness."

Can't he coattail on his wife's extension without showing his own money?

He can be a dependent of his wife, but would need to apply for a non-O visa abroad first before getting an extension as a dependent.