American jumps to his death from flyover

Thaivisa News

I, for one, would contribute to the cost of repatriating guys like this. The incidents are getting closer and closer.

as noble as your intending this, how does one determine the genuine cases and possibility of someone playing it on to get a free ticket home ? yes there would be people who would stoop that low to con someone

for me the easiest solution is to require all farangs living on long term in Thailand to lodge some sort of bond for repatriation with a government department in Thailand as part of your conditions of getting a long term stay and the money can be used help those farangs who fall off the rails and need repatriating whether dead or alive back to their homes in farangistan, etc

I agree. But many of them are too far gone to immediately return home.

There would have to be a "treatment center" that the troubled could contact and undergo evaluation and treatment by qualified professionals, perhaps volunteers. Based on their opinion, the person in question could either be repatriated after stabilization, or, if faking it, booted out the door.

Tough row to hoe, no doubt, but few things in life worth doing, are easy.

The easy way would be to give them the phone number of certain posters on this thread, and said posters could encourage the depressed to kill themselves.

Baying crowd encourage suicidal man to jump off a 50 ft. building

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2205519/Crowd-encourage-suicidal-man-jump-50ft-building-post-video-YouTube.html

BTW, I thought you were against jumping to conclusions that this man might suffer from depression. post #4

There is a Samaritans branch in Bangkok. last xmas I was lonely and depressed so I phoned them,As soon as someone answered I thought what the hell am I doing said I was sorry for bothering them and hung up the phone.Didnt feel much happier doing that.But I can see why some people choose suicide.

You have my sympathy for your suffering and my wish that your circumstances/mindset improve markedly. smile.png

Depends on the situation (i have no kids), but if I were to have some painful terminal disease id rather end it then go on living in pain for my family. I would hope that people would understand that.. guess some are so caught up in religious matters to look logical at things.

Easy to say. Proves nothing.

Nope it does not.. and me being pro choice when ending life does not make me a bad person.. Makes me a freedom loving non religious person. I just don't believe in life at all cost. But i am from a country that did euthanasia for a long time already before other countries caught up. I believe its still hard to do in the USA (but things could have changed)

Five US states have assisted suicide or 'Death with Dignity' laws on their books as do many countries. For an adult to be allowed the right to decide their own fate is a basic human right and no one should be able to overrule them. Just because someone 'feels' they can help, doesn't give them the right to force treatment/counseling on someone who wishes they were dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_suicide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_suicide

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Adul said police suspected that the man might suffer from depression because he had chronic illness.
This is always what the police say, even before any autopsy.
More like he had no home to return to, was broke, and started "teaching" to put food on the table.
Sure would be nice if some organization could become a TV "sponsor," and make TV members aware of a number for a help line.
I, for one, would contribute to the cost of repatriating guys like this. The incidents are getting closer and closer.

I also believe that the US embassy will repatriate a citizen. They will try to recover the money but it seems so much better than jumping.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Adul said police suspected that the man might suffer from depression because he had chronic illness.

This is always what the police say, even before any autopsy.

More like he had no home to return to, was broke, and started "teaching" to put food on the table.

Sure would be nice if some organization could become a TV "sponsor," and make TV members aware of a number for a help line.

I also believe that the US embassy will repatriate a citizen. They will try to recover the money but it seems so much better than jumping.

I have heard that they will do nothing for you. You are on your own.

Very sad to keep hearing these stories, whatever happened to paradise?

---------------------------

"Paradise" is not a place,it is where you make it (in your own mind).

Some people are "inner directed" they live in their own inner world.

Other people are ""outer directed" they live in a "place".

When they can't equate that "place" with an imagined paradise their little mental world falls apart.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I don't know how many long stay visitors commit suicide because they've run out of money, but some do. And for that reason id say Suzy Orman should be obligatory watching. Because she always says everyone should have a minimum 8 months reserve fund. If not then there is a risk of destitution. Don't allow yourself to ever get into that point of desperation and hopelessness, especially not in Thailand. Before getting anywhere near that bad get on a plane, go home, get work and get your lives back.

• 2 weeks later...

The idea to have a hotline available for foreigners in crisis is a very good one, and I am volunteering for that. I was in deep depressive situation many years ago, and I know that just need minutes of desperation to do a big mistake.

This country is not a Paradise but it is Buddhist...and many good monks are very good counselors, that even can offer long term shelter if necessary to ANYONE. Some monks, specially in big cities are English speakers, and foreigners needs to know about this option too. Most Thai people do.

• Like 2

The idea to have a hotline available for foreigners in crisis is a very good one, and I am volunteering for that. I was in deep depressive situation many years ago, and I know that just need minutes of desperation to do a big mistake.

This country is not a Paradise but it is Buddhist...and many good monks are very good counselors, that even can offer long term shelter if necessary to ANYONE. Some monks, specially in big cities are English speakers, and foreigners needs to know about this option too. Most Thai people do.

That is a noble offer. If anything like this is being set up, and I can help (from deepest darkest Chiang Rai) get in touch.