Iranian man arrested with over 1,000 fake passports

Thaivisa News

If anyone ever doubted: Iran=State sponsored terrorism!!

Well done to the Thais to have got some of the bastards.

- Do we really believe he could operate for 10 years without having some supporting friends in some local organizations? How could he sell thousands of fake passports without getting caught?

I see you are repeating unproven propaganda like it is a fact:

- Not that I like them, but if you mean Hizbollah by those sponsored terrorists, Hizbollah is a legal party and militia in Lebanon who fought and forced occupiers (aka Israelis) back from Lebanon.

- Those who call Hizbollah and Iran as terrorist supporters are proven to be terrorists themselves. Israel was established by terrorist organizations like Irgun, Lehi and Hagana. Mind you? Israel had full support of western countries in all that (including France, UK and US).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_religious_terrorism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haganah

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irgun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_(group)

- The US and western countries supported several terrorist organizations against Iran (they killed 12,000 in Iran). They now have an office in Washington DC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Mujahedin_of_Iran

- Iran has not attacked any country in centuries (was attacked by many including UK, France, Russia, US, Iraq and some more) while those so called free world countries have attacked and occupied several (tens?) of countries.

Right now Iran is helping to control the terrorist organization (aka ISIS) which was created by the support of some western countries to fight Asad in syria. You can refer to the illegal visit of US Senators to Syria in order to support them in their fight against ellected government of Syria.

So, when spitting out statements, at least put a little element of doubt in it.

Edited by wmac
  • Like 1

Most terrorism in the world is funded by other countries than Iran...

And that makes the terrorism funded by Iran somehow better does it?

Purleeze.

The two types of posts that really make the hairs on my neck stand up are.

1. If you don't like it, go home.

2. It happens everywhere.

My knee jerk response to those are.....

1. If my glass is still half full, why the heck should I?

2. It shouldn't happen there either.

My knee jerk response to you:

"1. If my glass is still half full, why the heck should I [leave]?"

Perhaps to find a place that will better fill your glass - if no such place exists, then perhaps you are the problem.

"2. It shouldn't happen there either."

Then don't sing the "TIT refrain" as if the problem is unique to this country.

Too many people here have nothing to contribute except complaints about the country. It's only logical to wonder why they choose to stay ... most do have options, after all. And complaining on a forum does nothing.

So put some gel on those neck hairs and they will stay in place.

• Like 1

OH MA GAH! Good job, DSI. coffee1.gif Their job seems to be up to par with professionalism after the new govt took over. coffee1.gif

This government deserves no special credit. Did you catch this line in the article: "The DSI has managed to root out many Iranian syndicates involved in making fake passports over the past years, she said."

There have been several such cases in the past, often with Iranians or Pakistanis running the show. For example, see: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/561337-iranian-suspected-of-producing-fake-passports-arrested-in-central-pattaya/

The unit responsible for rooting out these gangs was established within DSI in 2012 (http://www.thebigchilli.com/features/thailands-crime-busters-set-sights-on-passport-fraud-gangs). Guess that would put it under the YL administration.

And would guess that under that administration they didn't do too much!

Good thing they nailed him but what about the footer in the photo letting us know who is in the photo. What are Farang doing there Are they in the special investigative branch

Just a poor job of reporting but then again typical for a Thai

"The arrest of Murel Gurat, 45, a long-time Bangkok resident with a lot of businesses, was announced at the head office of the DSI Wednesday. Present at the press conference were representatives from the Special Branch Police Bureau and several embassies."

Not a poor job of reporting just a poor job of reading, the copied quote from above shows the information, too quick to Thai bash !!

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

This is an important arrest and another positive step in stopping Human Trafficking and most likely, terrorism.

Kudos tho Thailand for getting this done !!!

Now bring on the Thai bashing TV ... we can not WAIT for all your negative comments.

coffee1.gif Very touchy. Hey, there are no Americans to bash but there will be a waythumbsup.gif

How can we not with all the great material they provide.

Unfortunately as long as we allow Islamic ideology penetrating our lives we'll have to deal with this sort of thing. Before migration of Muslims into west or Far East we had no terrorism issues, no forgers, no major crime syndicates, not scared of being blown up, no unemployment, and no hygiene related diseases etc. Time to cleans me says

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Using techniques I've learned from reading gangster books and watching movies I could have him singing like a canary in a very short time.

Great then what! call in Dr Dolittle to translate canary into English.

And of course, no Thai involved? Believe that. And you will believe anything!

The article is about an IRANIAN caught with fake passports... You just couldn't resist the auld "let's bash the Thais", could you? So boring...
  • Like 1

I din't beleive this guy could have been able to assemble 1,000, clearly excellent, fake passports without the help of the Iranian governmant.

So Sherlock, why would this operation not take place in Terhan where there was no chance of being caught like this?

I din't beleive this guy could have been able to assemble 1,000, clearly excellent, fake passports without the help of the Iranian governmant.

So Sherlock, why would this operation not take place in Terhan where there was no chance of being caught like this?

OH MA GAH! Good job, DSI. coffee1.gif Their job seems to be up to par with professionalism after the new govt took over. coffee1.gif

This government deserves no special credit. Did you catch this line in the article: "The DSI has managed to root out many Iranian syndicates involved in making fake passports over the past years, she said."

There have been several such cases in the past, often with Iranians or Pakistanis running the show. For example, see: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/561337-iranian-suspected-of-producing-fake-passports-arrested-in-central-pattaya/

The unit responsible for rooting out these gangs was established within DSI in 2012 (http://www.thebigchilli.com/features/thailands-crime-busters-set-sights-on-passport-fraud-gangs). Guess that would put it under the YL administration.

No guessing required. I linked to one of several such busts...

No guessing required. I linked to one of several such busts...

So where's the link?

Before you totally get into another dimmension walk down Khao San road and ask for a forged passport. You can buy a bad fake for B 20 000 and a good one for B 200 k. This operation is run by Malay thugs with Thai's as the sellers. By taking out the Iranians the Malay operation will have less opposition. Google the subject and you will find a whole investigation was done on it by an Australian TV station about 2 or 3 years ago.

good luck finding one for 200 k

and u think its easy to make contacts?? LOL

Pegman ...your question is so ridiculous I won't bother to amswer.

Most terrorism in the world is funded by other countries than Iran...

Purleeze.

Perhaps to find a place that will better fill your glass - if no such place exists, then perhaps you are the problem.

Too many people here have nothing to contribute except complaints about the country. It's only logical to wonder why they choose to stay ... most do have options, after all. And complaining on a forum does nothing.

Do yourself a really big favour, don't try to get inside other people's heads, especially mine, it can be a very unpleasant experience, it scares the shit out of me some days, and I live there.

Can't help if I space in a daze,

My eyes tune out the other way,

I may switch off and go in a daydream,

In this head my thoughts are deep,

But sometimes I can't even speak,

Would someone be and not pretend? I'm off again in my World.

All I did was simply state a couple of things that really wind me up, and then you waded in in your size 9's.

You pretend that your opinion means something, news-flash, it doesn't mean anything to anyone other than yourself.

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 2

Purleeze.

Do yourself a really big favour, don't try to get inside other people's heads, especially mine, it can be a very unpleasant experience, it scares the shit out of me some days, and I live there.

Can't help if I space in a daze,

My eyes tune out the other way,

I may switch off and go in a daydream,

In this head my thoughts are deep,

But sometimes I can't even speak,

Would someone be and not pretend? I'm off again in my World.

All I did was simply state a couple of things that really wind me up, and then you waded in in your size 9's.

You pretend that your opinion means something, news-flash, it doesn't mean anything to anyone other than yourself.

Come on, Thads, not all of us know it's from My World, Avril Lavigne ( http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/avrillavigne/myworld.html )

BTW did you ever read any of Oliver Sacks books?

This has nothing to do with Iran as a country and terrorism.

This man and many of his Paki and Bangli friends operate from the Khao San area, and even offer foreigners in need of a couple of hundred dollars for their passport, which they can claim stolen at the police after 3 to 5 days, when another person has left the country with the reported passport, many of these end up in Japan, Australia, and a lot of their customers are even Israeli.

Every Iranian I have ever met has been highly intelligent and highly cultured, way more than your typical Westerner. The Pentagon already has them on the list for invasion, after a few other countries are done first.

It's a real shame - they will paint anyone to be the bad guy (apart from themselves of course) if it suits their political and energy requirements.

Every Iranian I have ever met has been highly intelligent and highly cultured, way more than your typical Westerner. The Pentagon already has them on the list for invasion, after a few other countries are done first.

It's a real shame - they will paint anyone to be the bad guy (apart from themselves of course) if it suits their political and energy requirements.

A friend of mine who is widely travelled and has worked in the oil industry for many years reckons that Iranians are the worst people he has ever come across! (PS he and I are not American!)

Edited by sambum