Airport transportation this weekend

jwdub

I've got an 11PM flight out of swampy Saturday night. At the time of making reservations I was not aware of the Pattaya Music Festival this weekend. I just got back from Jomtien Airport/Bus station and was told that no advance reservations after 12 noon will be sold this weekend until 30 minutes prior to the buses scheduled departure. I was also told to expect a 3-4 hour bus ride to the airport because of many traffic problems. I can understand arriving into Pattaya but departing out? Anyone having any info on alternative methods would be appreciated. I'm guessing just grabbing a cab is going to have the same problems?

It might be worth setting off very early if you insist on the bus.

All the music starts about 7pm, so I am thinking you should get to the bus-station in Jomtiem before 6pm, maybe even 5.

Years ago, Don Muang days, I was always so worried I would go stay in Bangkok for a night.

"I pity the fool" who does not call Mr T taxi

Easy trip to Swampy[/quot

I was one of those fools who booked a 3 am trip to the airport with Mr T and had a no show and his phone off!.........Luckily our security staff sorted me out a taxi an hour later but could have been worse!.....So no more Mr T for me or my friends!

I would not expect the traffic leaving town to be very heavy until the event is over, or at least nearly over.

But who knows?

I will be staying in Jomtien for the duration anyway. These events are a PITA for anyone who just wants to live a normal life and pop out for a meal in the evening.